Three Amigos! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Amigos! Reviews

July 14, 2017
One if the best films ever made, and you can watch it over and over and it is still just as funny as the first time you see it. If you have not seen it you have to watch is as soon as possible as this should not be something that is missing from your life.
July 9, 2017
Very funny and entertaining if you forgive it the 1980s political incorrectness (white saviour complex, brownface etc).
May 13, 2017
A very simple comedy: three dopey actors think they're performing in Mexico, but they're actually involved in a 'Magnificent Seven'-style battle to save a town. Chase, Martin & Short have great chemistry and all get to do their own silly jokes, faces and slapstick, but there's not really anything hilarious, just lots of semi-funny moments. Not offensive, but certainly not exceptional.
May 11, 2017
We got to hand it to "íThree Amigos!" for a great premise and some classic moments, including that iconic salute. Nevertheless, the laughs weren't that frequent, the excitement levels never particularly high and, seriously, they overdid it with the English: why the fuck would two Mexicans not speak in Spanish with each other? Randy Newman's original songs are great and scenes such as by the campfire and at El Guapo's are pretty good, it's just a pity that consistency is not the name of the game.
April 28, 2017
Classic! Love this movie, great performances all round, doesn't take it too seriously, unlike the critics must have done back in the day.
½ April 17, 2017
Has its moments. It plays a like an older comedy. that slower pace and timing. the off cuts. Nothing outstanding, but fun enough i guess. I watched with people who have seen it a ton of time, grew up on it and love it. So the vibe in the room is infectious enough to enjoy.
January 30, 2017
viewed on 3/7/04 (Sat)

Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short in a comedy! That sure is three times the fun and laughter. The comedy borrows ideas from Seven Samurai (which I would very much like to see) but I won't mind 'cos it is downright funny just to see the three comedians utter those corny hilarious one-liners. My favourite scene is the one with the singing bush.

Rating: B
December 1, 2016
It was a good movie.
November 13, 2016
The Three Amigos is solid comedy that never fails to get a laugh. As usual, I am completely at odds with critics and it makes me feel somewhat dumb and somewhat... awesome-whatever-who-CARES-about-those-doops, but I can't lie about how I FEEL. I mean, "Fill your **** full of lead" is comedy gold! The entire "My Little Buttercup" sequence, the "realization" that they were using REAL bullets and the crying that ensued, and the whole ending when the entire town of Santo Poco is "sewing like the wind" - you know what? When I indoctrinated my 3 children (yes, indoctrinated. Because they ought to know what is GOOD and FUNNY to their parents, and then make their own judgements as they see fit even if they think their parents are dolts), but where was I? Yeah when I indoctrinated my kids they all LAUGHED HYSTERICALLY TO THE POINT OF CHOKING when the "full of lead" scene happened - thank goodness! Because their childhood and mine were so different I felt grateful to have something we could both latch onto in their completely politically correct world. This movie is WELL worth the watch, no matter what critic "official" movie peeps might say!! Goo on ya, Three Amigos!!
½ November 6, 2016
Only a handful of the gags are really funny.
October 22, 2016
The best movie ever!!!
October 9, 2016
I have watched this one a few times now. The film isn't great, but I quite like each of the three leads and it's an easy watch. Considering all the talent involved though, it should have been much better. For fans of the actors only.
September 13, 2016
I pretty much got what I expect with this film an fun story with like able characters and some good bits it does feel slow at times but the tone doesn't shift I did appreciate them toning it down and kind of playing it Straight overall it's not an bad film just feel they could of changed the script a little
July 15, 2016
Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short are true amigos!
July 1, 2016
Mindless but super fun.
½ June 19, 2016
More stupid than it is satirical, but overall hilarious, this Buddy Western spoof depends on the remarkable chemistry between its leading trio.
½ June 16, 2016
I don't think this film has lost its edge even after decades. They play well off each other, the supporting cast does a great job of staring at each other in confusion, and the movie even pulls off some feel-good at the end. The entire series of scenes as they assault the stronghold is great... timeless
June 3, 2016
The Three Amigos isn't funny. It's silly, but not in a funny way. How is it possible that John Landis directing Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short can end up so bad? I have very intelligent friends with wonderful senses of humor that love this movie and actually laughed (a lot) while watching it. I wanted to like it because I like everyone involved, but almost all the jokes fall so flat it becomes embarrassing to watch.
May 28, 2016
Three Amigo's is a joy, it's packed full of irreverent gags that sometimes tip into outright surrealism and has the wonderful, rarely bettered trio of Steve Martin, Martin Short and Chevy Chase at the height of their comedic powers, bouncing off each other in often demented ways. Probably John Landis's last truly great comedy.