Hot Shots! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Shots! Reviews

½ April 9, 2017
4/8/2017 (2): Meh. There were a few funny moments, but I expected much more out of this type of film.
½ March 7, 2017
"Hot Shots!" is a prototype in spoofs. Jim Abrahams and Pat Proft have created an achingly funny film for the ages. The script is hilarious and the varied jokes come roaring to life through the perfect direction and the deadpan cast, from which Lloyd Bridges and Jon Cryer arguably stand out. A classic.
March 3, 2017
Pretty stupid in a good way
½ February 26, 2017
Ho hum spoof of Top Gun. As with most of the genre from this time, just as many gags fail as they do land.
February 22, 2017
A goofy funny comedy! Thats all I can say! Go watch it if you haven't yet!
February 16, 2017
Não chega nem perto dos filmes com Leslie Nielsen, mas vai bem nas piadas que não envolvem comédia física
January 29, 2017
Hot Shots! is directed and co-written by Jim Abrahams, and it stars Charlie Sheen and Cary Elwes in a comedy spoof of Top Gun about a pilot that people think is dangerous, but is really good at his job and gets himself in a love situation with his therapist. In terms of parody wise, I remember this and Part Deux is one of the entertaining spoof movies, and sort of making fun of Top Gun seems to do it well as I only thought it was decent, but very cheesy. The acting is pretty good as they took it serious when dealing with silly stuff that makes it hilarious to watch. The writing by Jim Abrahams and Pat Proft create a lot of jokes, and for the most part, they get a laugh out of me. Even the joke that they repeat themselves are funny as they are out of nowhere, and it's a simple one that brings nothing to the plot, and that's fine. The flying scenes are entertaining to watch while also putting in some interesting jokes that I wouldn't expect. The characters are enjoyably funny to watch, and Hot Shots! is just a great film that is not quite like Airplane!, but is just hilarious enough that it doesn't matter if it is.
½ December 2, 2016
Not as funny as I remember
½ August 29, 2016
A great comedy in its own time whos jokes are steadily losing their punch as technology and culture progress. Still, it sits as the first "Gulf War" film in what is still an exclusive club.
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
Funny film a little silly but it works, Charlie Sheen was great fun but the jokes soon run dry.
½ June 18, 2016
It's silly fun, why not?
½ March 19, 2016
For every funny gag there are five that are lame, which is a big problem when there's nothing else to sink your teeth into.
March 14, 2016
The absurdity at the top!!!
March 8, 2016
This is a parody of the super serious Tom Cruise vehicle Top Gun of the 1980's, which is to say that the material practically writes itself. At the time of its release it was seen as crude but funny, but judging by and compared to most of the current comedic releases its practically 1950's era clean cut and Charlie Sheen seems like the typical 50's era jock. It's shocking, I know. But you will chuckle. You will.
February 28, 2016
Classic Charlie Sheen... this movie had some many hilarious scenes... still a personal favorite.
February 19, 2016
As far as spoof films go, Hot Shots is one of the better ones and it is still pretty funny today.
February 6, 2016
Funny over the top great fun characters jokes are consent doesn't feel like it drags on for to long know what it is and doesn't try to be something else definitely one of better parody films I have seen overall really enjoyed it recommend the watch if your looking for something to just have fun with
½ December 24, 2015
one of the better spoofs out there, Sheen makes for an excellent Tom Cruise in this take on Top Gun. The film jumps from joke to joke with total ease and should be a blue print to future filmmakers attempting such genre films. The sequel had a hard time topping this one.
September 20, 2015
A classic used to watch it all the time back in the day it's still awesome and real funny
August 20, 2015
Dated 90s gags and spoofs. Not terrible.