Hail Caesar Reviews

• Oct 23, 2019

If I could give it a zero I would. It was terrible. The only entertaining thing is the ONE scene that RDJ is in. I feel like they really wasted him and just kinda wanted a scene in him in it so they could put him on posters. I didn't appreciate that and the movie just sucks in general.

• Apr 26, 2018

Anthony Michael Hall’s one attempt at directing a film was this mess of a comedy. Hail Caesar fails at everything it attempts in spectacular fashion. They didn’t start with the best groundwork because the script was written by a guy who had only worked on some Nickelodeon shows, like Double Dare. And it shows, because this movie has that terrible, unfunny tone of a pre-teen comedy that seems to think being wacky is a proper replacement for actual jokes. The music sounds like it was plucked from a cartoon, I assume because they thought it would make us laugh. The cast is terrible across the board, you can tell no one cares. The plot is predictable, and not in an endearing way where it feels like they are trying to emulate good films, but so that you are annoyed because you can see where everything is going. Anthony Michael Hall’s appearance in the movie is atrocious, and his character isn’t even likeable. Despite being a complete loser he acts kind of cocky. At the very least I will give Hail Caesar credit for having a comprehensible plot and a single scene from Robert Downey, Jr. that actually made me laugh, but otherwise it’s a trainwreck that should be avoided.

• May 01, 2016

No "Ferris Beuler's Day Off" but still should be a cult classic, just because of the lame, screwed-up rolls played by some of Hollywood's best cult film actors. If Bobbie Phillips just would've flashed boobs ala "Fast Times..." i'd be buying the DVD, yo! Ya'll don't get it, but that's OK. Haters gonna hate!

• Mar 11, 2016

awful. lazy. awful lazy

awful. lazy. awful lazy

• Aug 30, 2015

Maybe the laugh out loud greatest pile of garbage ever floated past Hollywood.

Maybe the laugh out loud greatest pile of garbage ever floated past Hollywood.

• Jun 18, 2015

Horrible movie. The plot tries to be original by adding a few different twists, but it still follows every formula point possible, it's very, VERY rarely funny, has two decent performances from Downey, Jr. and Jackson. This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

• Jun 15, 2015

If you are ever considering committing suicide but are to chicken to go thru with it then just watch this movie, you will kill yourself before you get to the credits...

• Dec 11, 2013

A movie so bad it went all the way around, passed good, and made it back to bad again. However, if you've ever wanted to hear Samuel L Jackson scream in terror like a little girl, it's worth a watch.

• Apr 20, 2013

Its pretty funny but pretty bad too.

Its pretty funny but pretty bad too.

• Nov 14, 2010

Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad. You don't see Robert Downey Jr until the 50 minute mark in the movie. Even then, you only see him for like, 5 minutes. The cover is misleading. And the movie itself was just awful.