Bad Boys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Boys Reviews

½ November 28, 2017
Fans of a pre-Terminator Bay are gonna love it, and I can see where it succeeds, but personally Bad Boys makes me kinda uncomfortable.
½ November 14, 2017
A fun movie, pairing these then TV actors to a big screen and seeing what they could do. Movie hums along nicely, with banter, violence and lots of action to keep your eyes entertained.
½ November 3, 2017
Actions are not the greatest, but it's still enjoyable and funny.
October 30, 2017
It's no Lethal Weapon, Rush Hour, Beverly Hills Cop, The Other Guys or even The Hitman's Bodyguard but it's pretty good. I'll give it some points because I'm normally not a huge fan of Tea Leoni but she was good in this and pretty.
September 27, 2017
I grew up with a high opinion of this film and after all these years I still think it's one of the better 90s buddy cop films, much better than most Bay films. The chemistry of Lawrence and Smith is the key here, I couldn't imagine the film without them. The complaints mainly come from the critics demanding a better story, this is better than most films of this nature, they always compare to Lethal Weapon, you should never compare another film vs another, talk about a disservice. The action and humour is relentless, leaving little time for the villain to shine. The sequel failed to reignite the flame, Bay's directing style hurt that film. This and The Rock are the 2 important Bay films, they also happen to be one and two. 28-09-2017.
September 17, 2017
The action, shootouts and textbook angry boss are all spot on. The film's major flaw is Martin Lawerence who is one annoying cunt. Leoni is equally annoying. Bad casting cost this from been up there with the great cop buddy flicks.
½ September 5, 2017
Michael Bay's big budget buddy cop action thriller steals more than its fair share from Lethal Weapon, but hey it is still a rollicking good time. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence play two unorthodox cops who find that $100,000,000 worth of heroin has been stolen from their evidence storage. They must hunt down the culprits and get put in all sorts of danger along the way. While the plot is pretty brainless the buddy cop chemistry between Smith and Lawrence is strong and the explosions and nicely timed comedic relief are quite welcome.
August 4, 2017
Beautiful movie,the best movie i've ever watched
August 4, 2017
Not fun to watch I just thought the action was not that great and exciting I found this movie to be a bit complicated to understand but there were some cool parts in the movie that I liked Will Smith did a good job he is funny , not my first pick to watch
½ June 21, 2017
Bad Boys is far from perfect but great chemistry between the cast makes it a mostly entertaining ride.
June 16, 2017
Solo il rapporto strano di odio e amore che caratterizza i due protagonisti risulta essere l'unica attrazione per questo film vuoto e senza anima. La storia viene raccontata in modo molto confusionario, con dialoghi fuori luogo e degli antagonisti ultra convenzionali. Esplosioni e inseguimenti sono sempre presenti, ma senza dei personaggi a cui affezionarsi non hanno nessun effetto sullo spettatore. In generale lo considero un film totalmente vuoto dal punto di vista emotivo, un difetto a cui impossibile sorvolare.
April 25, 2017
This is just one of the movies that shows that Critics are completely out of touch.
½ March 3, 2017
Bad Boys starts off entertaining, but quickly loses its narrative near the end, and becomes just noise. It has the trappings of a buddy cop film, a quirky mistaken identity comedy, and an over the top 80's action movie. It manages some elements right, but not quite all of them, as the last half of the movie really sags.
½ January 28, 2017
I thought this was actually going to be funny, but I guess not. Sub-par story, but I guess that was to be expected.
January 2, 2017
Beneath the rough neighborhood gangster humor, wit and charm, these 2 black comedian actors somehow fit together with the tough life times of the 90s with song hits plus electric guitar-background music soundtrack to break away from some horrific murderous scenes. Explosive destruction scenes besides gang shooting scenes is survival level to the extreme for these so-called Bad Boys without the need for bomb-proof spaceman-like suits as if they have a psychic sense to know their presence and escape without a scratch;;
½ October 16, 2016
Bad Boys cannot be considered a great movie, but it is a great action flick, that quickly gained cult status thanks to a cast with great chemistry, a simple plot and some great action set pieces. Yes, the movie is too reliant on the action, but to most general audiences that is no issue.
October 9, 2016
Though it's more tamer than its sequel counterpart, it's still full of toilet humor and bad character development. Nobody changes at all. It's all a constant rate with these characters. They learn nothing except realizing over and over again that they love each other as brothers. WE KNOW THAT! Tell me something different about your dysfunctional friendship. At least the action scenes here are much more acceptable and steady. God, even back then Michael Bay don't know how to tell good stories. Again, why we need another "Bad Boys" movie??
½ August 21, 2016
Fun, dumb action comedy that launched the movie careers of Will Smith & Martin Lawrence and, for better or worse, the career of director Michael Bay. The main appeal of this franchise is the crackling chemistry between Smith & Lawrence, who play off each other wonderfully & display true affection of each other's characters. Their verbal repertoire (most of it improv'd) gives the film most of it's humor, while also displaying then surprising chops as action stars (modern viewers will miss the surprise of casting then two sit-com stars in a violent action movie). Behind the camera, Michael Bay makes a solid debut as a director, delivering some stylish shots & enlivening an otherwise stupid script (Bay admits their are plot holes you can drive a truck threw in the film). However, the ridiculousness does get overbearing at times, but luckily the film is just over 2 hours (something Bay will forget in his later films), so it doesn't wear out your welcome too much. Overall, a fun movie to check your brain at the door while watching.
August 18, 2016
Another buddy cop flick about two Miami cops searching for the bad guys responsible for stealing a large supply of heroin. The plot is predictable and there's nothing new to the genre.
½ August 7, 2016
Despite having a thin plot and dialogue over lapping each other making it confusing at times, it is still an ok buddy cop movie.