Babe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babe Reviews

½ February 13, 2018
85/100

"Babe" de Chris Noonan apuesta por una historia entrañable, emotiva, y muy amena, que se beneficia de unos soberbios efectos especiales y de su magnifico reparto para ofrecer un cuento universal tan mágico como encantador.
February 11, 2018
Babe is a decent family movie with some dark overtones, while a lot of this is thankfully going over your young child's head. You thankfully can experience the film in its entirety. This is a film of life and death, love of mothers and fathers, responsibility, and trying to maintain hope despite the odds. It is not the best movie, but it has a certain charm that has made me feel a full range of emotions.
February 11, 2018
A fun, well-done story for the whole family, Others include Lion King, Mulan, Big, Zathura, Frozen
½ February 9, 2018
I wasn't particularly impressed, fascinated or overwhelmed by this picture. I thought it was a well made production, technically brilliant, of course, but as for the rest, the story for example, it wasn't something extraordinary or conveying some unique message. I would have probably appreciated this movie more if I had first watched it in childhood.
November 7, 2017
Christmas Means Carnage!!!
November 5, 2017
If you always wanted to see a talking pig [like my little sister], Babe will provide a nice family movie to watch when the weather is gloomy.
October 30, 2017
Now we are talking I remember watching this every week when I was younger I thought it was very charming and funny. Great for family
October 28, 2017
When people have the thought of a talking animals film, they will immediately want to bring negative criticism towards it. In the case of
Babe, however, it is the complete opposite. Let me start off by saying that even though this review may be a little biased, it will still give you an
accurate representation of what this film is really about. Anyways, I can't believe I am asking this, but is there really anything wrong with this film?
Seriously! It's near-perfect on almost every level! The story may be a little
unoriginal at times due to the Charlotte's Web similarities. But the
characters are incredibly spectacular that I didn't even care if the story
was unoriginal or not! James Cromwell's performance as Arthur Hoggett is
honestly one of his, if not, his best performances that I have ever seen
from him! When his character (Keep in mind that I said "His character"
instead of "He") is on screen, I become very excited on what is going to
happen next. Also, any emotion that he is feeling in the film (Whether it is
happy, sad, disappointed, or even angry), I start feeling that emotion too! I think that is a very good thing indeed. It gives you the thought of him being that exact character rather than being himself. The rest of the characters are awesome too. Though I wish Babe himself had slightly more development. But I guess that's somewhat to be expected of protagonists these days. As for the setting. I absolutely love it to death! Being from the countryside of Oregon, I grew up mostly in suburb ion areas with a lot of hills and farmlands. So to have a film that mostly takes place in a familiar environment in my own hands, it's downright heartwarming to me! Overall, this is a must watch for everyone! It may not be legendary like it almost was. But when you factor in the amazing story, compelling and though-provoking characters, stellar and beautiful setting, then you will no doubt think that it is legendary!
September 23, 2017
Loved it when I was 7, and still just as charming.
September 16, 2017
This and the sequel are two of my favorite movies. Sweet and charming.
August 23, 2017
Cute movie for the kids. It's a nice story that warms the heart
July 29, 2017
A farm fantasy that translates animals' thoughts into well-scripted drama which, whilst a bit more on the kiddy side overall, produces humor and insight for everyone.
½ July 12, 2017
It worked well back when I was a kid and first saw it.
June 26, 2017
Great children's movie starring who knows but their good. I watched this movie a ton of times as a kid. It still enjoys me and still entertaining.
½ June 16, 2017
This movie is a gem. It's one of my childhood favorites, and it still makes me laugh, cry, and cheer. The slight animation of the animals talking is subtle enough to stand the test of time, for the most part. Overall a really great family movie.
May 16, 2017
cause it's about a pig
May 13, 2017
Looks like about 33% of people need to get ba rammed a few more times until they come to their senses.
½ May 1, 2017
A good classic movie for anyone to enjoy!
½ March 20, 2017
"That'll do, pig. That'll do."
March 20, 2017
"Pork is a nice sweet meat!"