Party Girl Reviews

• Jun 10, 2020

Parker Posey stars as an all-nighter, Mary in the big city but her life seems to be going nowhere for the most part  because of a recent rave she hosts Mary ends up getting arrested and must find a way to pay for her income as well as her lifestyle she decides to get a job as a librarian and prove she can actually make something for herself Omar Townsend plays a charming Lebanon food vendor who takes quite the liking towards her, being a teacher he can't go any further  Mary's life pretty much plays out like a library of books that's out of order; if it isn't organized the system falls apart as does everything around her  Maybe working as a librarian will help run some of the intelligent literacy Mary desperately needs, she's so worried she's not qualified for anything she may end up like her mother  Even her Aunt Judy nudges her to absorb some education to stop ruining her life filled with mistakes and excessive partying  It's only after Mary gets a taste of reality she switches from the all-nighters to focusing on acquiring life skills  Yes we can stay out all night but sooner or later we have to set goals for ourselves down the line, life can still be a party as long as we can still teach ourselves what others can teach, most librarians who are women have fought long and hard to make the establishment organized but also accessible to everyone willing to learn  This is Parker Posey's movie truly being an inspiration for any young woman or person to be something wanting to not be lost in life  She is a diva but also somebody not completely devoid of capable thought and higher-learning It's hip, sexy, filled with rocking beats of the era, and has a lesson of books opening up our minds to passions and dreams that would rarely come to us on our own  Posey is a lot of fun and so full of energy in this early indie flick

• Sep 13, 2019

How does Parker Posey follow Party Girl? - with Dinner at Fred's. Two of the best films of the nineties.

• Sep 10, 2019

Even though this movie veers sharply from comedy to drama, it hits every curve just right. Party Girl is an excellent movie with enough attitude to effectively tell the story of Mary's efforts to turn her life around.

• Aug 14, 2019

Doesn't date well but has a likable main character who likes to party until she finds some meaning in her life as a librarian.

• May 10, 2019

Have watched this countless times over.

Have watched this countless times over.

• Apr 05, 2017

This is a fun movie and a must see for any librarian. It is basically "Breakfast at Tiffany's" if it were set in the '90's. I love the oranges and peaches scene.

• Mar 26, 2015

20+ years later, this movie is still fun --- and now interestingly dated! Parker Posey once ruled the world!

• Jun 02, 2014

Socialite becomes a reluctant librarian assistant after misadventures lead her needing to repay bail money after a busted party. Likable film owing greatly to Parker Posey's charm. Became a short-lived tv series which ran four episodes.

• Mar 23, 2014

Good movie and she had some resemblance with Jennfier Garner look like his twin sister

• Dec 16, 2013

It has a great soundtrack, and it does capture the essence of downtown NY living in the mid-90s.