Independence Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Independence Day Reviews

July 9, 2017
Story about aliens that come to earth and destroy every major city and so the USA has to figure out how to kill them. This movie is so idiotic and silly. Some of the worst acting imaginable. But its still good. I enjoyed it. Hard to dislike.
½ July 8, 2017
I really liked it . The plot line was good . Also the graphics were great for a movie made in 1996.
July 5, 2017
the best film throughout the year of 1996
July 4, 2017
A cool-as-ice alien invasion classic that's funny, eye-popping, and barely serious.
July 4, 2017
With groundbreaking and truly amazing effects, complex and interesting characters, and a heartwarming ending, Independence Day goes down as one of the best alien invasion films in history.
July 4, 2017
We Watched This Movie In Ms. Sindelar's Class Once When I Brought It In On DVD.
July 1, 2017
Independence Day stars Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum in this 1996 alien invasion film.
The first time I saw this film, I loved it. The visuals are top-notch, the acting is good, and the over all scope was unlike anything I've ever seen.
To this day, I feel the same way about it.
The film is iconic for a few reasons.
1. The White House exploding.
2. Will Smith.
...
Can't remember anything else :(
It was still a good time.
Normally when I think of an alien invasion movie, Independence Day is the first one that comes to mind.
Over all, It is a fantastic film-watching experience. One that in not going to be forgotten any time soon. 5/5 stars
½ May 20, 2017
Decent movie I do like the presidents(bill Pullman) big speech.
May 18, 2017
5/14/2017 (3): A great flick! An interesting story with an amazing cast and good action.
May 4, 2017
Far from the epic force it is hailed as. It is long and kind of dumb at times, but it's still a fun movie. (First viewing - Teen years)
April 22, 2017
Independence Day is a guilty pleasure flick, but even then it sometimes gets too silly.
April 19, 2017
Look, I'm all for mindless action films where things get blown up real good. But I just never liked this movie. It's bad. It's cheesy. It's preposterous. Yet I never enjoyed any of it. I fought it every step of the way. The fact that all attempts at humor fall flat doesn't help matters.
April 7, 2017
With spectacular action, acting, writing, and CGI, Independence Day is an amazing film. There's a surprising amount of character development, and the end result is a fantastic popcorn film.
½ March 30, 2017
An entertaining 90s movie with good acting and fun popcorn thrills. It falters on character development, though.
March 20, 2017
Pretty standard action flick which does what it sets out to do - thrill and enthral. Could have benefited without the 'slapstick' moments.
March 13, 2017
This movie was actually really cool and fun. While a little overblown, it is still really funny and neat. Also it was a little funny.
March 8, 2017
A cheesy B movie with a big budget that benefits from the charm of Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum.
½ March 3, 2017
2017-03-03 watched for 2nd or 3rd time with hubby
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 18, 2017
fun but everything besides the action is stretched to thin