101 Dalmatians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

101 Dalmatians Reviews

½ September 5, 2017
Glenn Close was very good for her role. but average movie
August 14, 2017
Cute for what it is, but doesn't hold a candle to the original masterpiece.
June 1, 2017
I remember loving this movie as a kid but it wasn't very amazing as an adult. The dogs are cute though.
½ May 24, 2017
Very very very bad Disney reboot movie. I know now Disney is making movies like this, I thought it would be good but nope, this is flat out garbage. Leave 101 dalmations be.
½ May 20, 2017
Thanks to its faithfulness to the original 1961 animated classic and a performance by Glenn Close, who engulfs the scenery in just about every scene she's in, this charming live-action remake shows future live-action Disney adaptations how it's done. 3.5/5.
May 11, 2017
101 Dalmatians live-action with Glenn Close was better then the animated one! Glenn Close was hilarious in this movie she made me laugh I really like her car and what she wears in this movie! Glenn Close is playing Carella Deville did a great job I would say. Why should this movie get 38% by critics I don't agree.
½ April 24, 2017
An ok film. I like the animated version much better. I do enjoy watching Glen Close portray Cruela DeVil. She is quite funny but does it in a serious way.
January 25, 2017
While it's always at least kind of fun to see animated favourites presented in live-action, this movie is proof that some things are best just left alone. Other than Glen Close's phenomenally psychotic turn as Ms. DeVil, there's not much to see here - and I'm generally happy to just watch dogs run around, so that's saying something.
jamrcla
½ December 24, 2016
Alright I suppose, The dogs were trained very well but the film itself gets silly (Home Alone silly)
August 11, 2016
As a live-action remake, 101 Dalmations certainly delivered a by-the-book retelling of the story, but Glenn Close's performance was enough to hold this movie.
August 5, 2016
Glenn Close is amazingly evil. Great character. I also love Jeff Daniels so as dumb as this was, the characters made it watchable. Not to mention the dogs. Everyone loves dogs.
July 22, 2016
I cant see it ? how i could see it ?
July 20, 2016
Estremely entertaining and amusing, made with elegance, and brings a terrific performance from Glenn Close.
July 8, 2016
Glenn Close plays Cruella Deville and she is so creepy and sarcastic and funny she makes a very good villain in this movie. I do like her 2 side kicks Horace played by Mark Williams. and Jasper played by Hugh Lowery are funny as well!! They are her 2 side kicks!!There are funny moments with her and she is short tempered that makes it funny to watch this movie. This is a Disney classic!!!! What a great Comedy for people to see!
June 28, 2016
This was a GREAT movie when I was younger
March 23, 2016
its no where near as good as the cartoons but they def. found an actress good enough to play cruella devil because she did a really good job
February 9, 2016
It's nothing too terrible. It's a much zanier movie than the animated version but it's still a fun movie. When it comes to live action remakes, it is probably one of the better ones.
½ January 16, 2016
oh boy, this is for really little little kids, it's ridiculous. the puppies are cute, there are a few laughs, but don't expect too much.
January 16, 2016
Ugh, so dumb and wasn't able to be as fun or creative or cute as the original. A very unnecessary remake.
January 14, 2016
for 1996:

it's pretty much a live-action version of the 1961 animated classic but with a few new tweaks
the slapstick is rather unnecessary but a majority of the film still stays true to the original
and Glenn Close's performance as the infamous Cruella Devil is top-notch with the costume design, the fashion queen presence, and the terrifying demeanor
the pace is fast and the dogs are a charm to watch even if they don't talk on their own
a wonderful supporting cast too from Jeff Daniels to Joely Richardson to Joan Plowright to Hugh Laurie
great for animal lovers!