101 Dalmatians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

101 Dalmatians Reviews

June 1, 2017
I remember loving this movie as a kid but it wasn't very amazing as an adult. The dogs are cute though.
½ May 24, 2017
Very very very bad Disney reboot movie. I know now Disney is making movies like this, I thought it would be good but nope, this is flat out garbage. Leave 101 dalmations be.
½ May 20, 2017
Thanks to its faithfulness to the original 1961 animated classic and a performance by Glenn Close, who engulfs the scenery in just about every scene she's in, this charming live-action remake shows future live-action Disney adaptations how it's done. 3.5/5.
May 11, 2017
101 Dalmatians live-action with Glenn Close was better then the animated one! Glenn Close was hilarious in this movie she made me laugh I really like her car and what she wears in this movie! Glenn Close is playing Carella Deville did a great job I would say. Why should this movie get 38% by critics I don't agree.
½ April 24, 2017
An ok film. I like the animated version much better. I do enjoy watching Glen Close portray Cruela DeVil. She is quite funny but does it in a serious way.
January 25, 2017
While it's always at least kind of fun to see animated favourites presented in live-action, this movie is proof that some things are best just left alone. Other than Glen Close's phenomenally psychotic turn as Ms. DeVil, there's not much to see here - and I'm generally happy to just watch dogs run around, so that's saying something.
jamrcla
½ December 24, 2016
Alright I suppose, The dogs were trained very well but the film itself gets silly (Home Alone silly)
August 11, 2016
As a live-action remake, 101 Dalmations certainly delivered a by-the-book retelling of the story, but Glenn Close's performance was enough to hold this movie.
August 5, 2016
Glenn Close is amazingly evil. Great character. I also love Jeff Daniels so as dumb as this was, the characters made it watchable. Not to mention the dogs. Everyone loves dogs.
July 22, 2016
I cant see it ? how i could see it ?
July 20, 2016
Estremely entertaining and amusing, made with elegance, and brings a terrific performance from Glenn Close.
July 8, 2016
Glenn Close plays Cruella Deville and she is so creepy and sarcastic and funny she makes a very good villain in this movie. I do like her 2 side kicks Horace played by Mark Williams. and Jasper played by Hugh Lowery are funny as well!! They are her 2 side kicks!!There are funny moments with her and she is short tempered that makes it funny to watch this movie. This is a Disney classic!!!! What a great Comedy for people to see!
June 28, 2016
This was a GREAT movie when I was younger
March 23, 2016
its no where near as good as the cartoons but they def. found an actress good enough to play cruella devil because she did a really good job
February 9, 2016
It's nothing too terrible. It's a much zanier movie than the animated version but it's still a fun movie. When it comes to live action remakes, it is probably one of the better ones.
½ January 16, 2016
oh boy, this is for really little little kids, it's ridiculous. the puppies are cute, there are a few laughs, but don't expect too much.
January 16, 2016
Ugh, so dumb and wasn't able to be as fun or creative or cute as the original. A very unnecessary remake.
January 14, 2016
for 1996:

it's pretty much a live-action version of the 1961 animated classic but with a few new tweaks
the slapstick is rather unnecessary but a majority of the film still stays true to the original
and Glenn Close's performance as the infamous Cruella Devil is top-notch with the costume design, the fashion queen presence, and the terrifying demeanor
the pace is fast and the dogs are a charm to watch even if they don't talk on their own
a wonderful supporting cast too from Jeff Daniels to Joely Richardson to Joan Plowright to Hugh Laurie
great for animal lovers!
not a bad remake
December 24, 2015
i am a sucker for movie's with puppy dog's in it.
½ December 19, 2015
I'm beginning to see spots.

A fashion designer that is obsessed with black and white gets a wild idea to make her next big design for herself out of Dalmatian puppy fur. One of her key designers is actually about to have Dalmatian puppies and has fifteen of them. The fashion designer will stop at nothing to get them.

"It's not hatred that's important; it's the desire to annihilate."

Stephen Herek, director of Critters, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Mr. Holland's Opus, and The Mighty Ducks, delivers 101 Dalmatians. The storyline for this picture is a bit cliché, cheesy, and over the top. The settings and design are well done and the acting is okay. The cast includes Glenn Close, Jeff Daniels, Joely Richardson, and Hugh Laurie.

"What's the point of goodness if there isn't a little badness to overcome?"

I came across these films on Fios and decided to DVR them to watch with my daughter. This was okay and she enjoyed it thoroughly. This is far from epic or a must own in your DVD collection, but it's worth watching off cable with your children.

"House of the devil."