101 Dalmatians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

101 Dalmatians Reviews

August 11, 2016
As a live-action remake, 101 Dalmations certainly delivered a by-the-book retelling of the story, but Glenn Close's performance was enough to hold this movie.
August 5, 2016
Glenn Close is amazingly evil. Great character. I also love Jeff Daniels so as dumb as this was, the characters made it watchable. Not to mention the dogs. Everyone loves dogs.
July 22, 2016
I cant see it ? how i could see it ?
July 20, 2016
Estremely entertaining and amusing, made with elegance, and brings a terrific performance from Glenn Close.
July 8, 2016
Glenn Close plays Cruella Deville and she is so creepy and sarcastic and funny she makes a very good villain in this movie. I do like her 2 side kicks Horace played by Mark Williams. and Jasper played by Hugh Lowery are funny as well!! They are her 2 side kicks!!There are funny moments with her and she is short tempered that makes it funny to watch this movie. This is a Disney classic!!!! What a great Comedy for people to see!
June 28, 2016
This was a GREAT movie when I was younger
June 8, 2016
Alright I suppose, The dogs were trained very well but the film itself is silly.
May 16, 2016
I like this Netflix us please have this back on streaming, :)
March 23, 2016
its no where near as good as the cartoons but they def. found an actress good enough to play cruella devil because she did a really good job
February 9, 2016
It's nothing too terrible. It's a much zanier movie than the animated version but it's still a fun movie. When it comes to live action remakes, it is probably one of the better ones.
½ January 16, 2016
oh boy, this is for really little little kids, it's ridiculous. the puppies are cute, there are a few laughs, but don't expect too much.
January 16, 2016
Ugh, so dumb and wasn't able to be as fun or creative or cute as the original. A very unnecessary remake.
January 14, 2016
for 1996:

it's pretty much a live-action version of the 1961 animated classic but with a few new tweaks
the slapstick is rather unnecessary but a majority of the film still stays true to the original
and Glenn Close's performance as the infamous Cruella Devil is top-notch with the costume design, the fashion queen presence, and the terrifying demeanor
the pace is fast and the dogs are a charm to watch even if they don't talk on their own
a wonderful supporting cast too from Jeff Daniels to Joely Richardson to Joan Plowright to Hugh Laurie
great for animal lovers!
not a bad remake
December 24, 2015
i am a sucker for movie's with puppy dog's in it.
½ December 19, 2015
I'm beginning to see spots.

A fashion designer that is obsessed with black and white gets a wild idea to make her next big design for herself out of Dalmatian puppy fur. One of her key designers is actually about to have Dalmatian puppies and has fifteen of them. The fashion designer will stop at nothing to get them.

"It's not hatred that's important; it's the desire to annihilate."

Stephen Herek, director of Critters, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Mr. Holland's Opus, and The Mighty Ducks, delivers 101 Dalmatians. The storyline for this picture is a bit cliché, cheesy, and over the top. The settings and design are well done and the acting is okay. The cast includes Glenn Close, Jeff Daniels, Joely Richardson, and Hugh Laurie.

"What's the point of goodness if there isn't a little badness to overcome?"

I came across these films on Fios and decided to DVR them to watch with my daughter. This was okay and she enjoyed it thoroughly. This is far from epic or a must own in your DVD collection, but it's worth watching off cable with your children.

"House of the devil."

Grade: C
December 14, 2015
This film was so similar yet so different from the first one. Honestly, despite a more negative reaction, I think it's just about as good. I think there are some good actors in here, DuVill's live action look I think is kinda cool, though I think I could see someone like Meryl Streep in this role and probably do it better, because I think the DuVill here is a TOO little over-the-top. While I guess I prefer the animation one more, just basically because I love animation, I still think this live action adaptation is very faithful to the first film yet tries to do something different.
December 14, 2015
Everybody loved this movie. Glenn close was the only person that could have played The lead. Very funny at the end and great cast.
½ October 24, 2015
Better than I expected, it was actually a really good cast and you can't help by be impressed by the dogs.
October 16, 2015
Need to see it again,
August 13, 2015
this is the first live action movie based on a disney animated movie and I got to say I feel they did a great job both with the humor and character development and I loved the idea of modernized it since the original is based in the 60's when it came out in the 60's and this is based in the 90's when it came out in the 90's and I love how they made it realistic then doing what babe did and made the animals talk what a great film.