Man on the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on the Moon Reviews

December 5, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal movie starring Andy Kauffman, sorry Jim Carey, he feels like Andy so well you can't tell the difference but that what makes for a great movie. I love this movie and watched it right after the new documentary on Netflix called Jim and Andy. If you haven't watched it, watch it, it is the best documentary I've watched ever, I felt intrigued the entire time and I didn't even watch this movie yet but when I watched this movie it made the experience much much better.
December 2, 2017
Superb. Carey was born to play this role.
½ November 29, 2017
As a narrative, it jumps around too often, but Jim Carrey's performance as Andy Kaufman is an incredible transformation and tribute.
½ November 24, 2017
This and "The Truman Show" are Jim Carrey's gems. No one could've played Andy Kauffman better.
November 23, 2017
It's no surprise that Jim Carrey nailed this performance of Andy Kaufman as he is a comic genius in his own right, and would completely understand someone like Kaufman. I knew nothing about Andy Kaufman but I do know a little bit more now thanks to this film. This is not a bad film at all and is highly amusing and kept me laughing.
½ November 18, 2017
I have to rewatch it, but I remember loving it.
½ November 13, 2017
este incredibil rolul jucat de carrey, este de nerecunoscut. povestea este grozava . am vazut prima ora .
October 17, 2017
I can't get enough of Kaufman.
June 6, 2017
Man On The Moon is Forman's best film since Amadeus, and while the film might occasionally come off as your traditional, crowd-pleasing biopic, Jim Carrey is hilarious as the quirky Andy Kaufman and Forman provides him with the appropriate amount of mysticism surrounding his presence.
½ June 4, 2017
acabei tropeçando de novo neste filme quando estava lendo mais sobre meditação transcendental hoje (aparentemente uma das maiores balelas do mundo - malz aê beatles, lynch & cia), aí resolvi finalmente assistir. performance absurda do carey, filme ok, kaufman polemiquíssimo (às vezes genial, às vezes um imbecil, às vezes ambos) e continuidade da maquiagem péssima haha.
February 23, 2017
This film is not for everyone, but neither is Andy Kaufman. That's what makes this movie work. This film stays true to the philosophy of Andy Kaufman. Never reveal everything and keep them guessing. However this film just lacks the emotional impact. It tries, but somehow it fails. Jim Carrey's performance is worth it either way.
February 14, 2017
So you can actually understand this strange man?!?
½ October 19, 2016
Just goes to show that when you get past all Carrey's rubber-faced buffoonery, you've got a very fine actor. His Kaufman is bang on the money. Uncannily so, in fact.
Funny, challenging and very poignant, this is an extremely fine film, which, rather than being a study of the enigma that was Kaufman, just relates his story, as, it seems, he was indefinable.
July 23, 2016
Jim Carrey completely disappears into the role. This is by far my favorite Jim Carrey performance; this is a character that is more complex than anything he's ever played (yes, that includes his characters in "The Truman Show" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".) It's a little formulaic and has some cliches, but thanks to stellar performances from the cast and Milos Forman's sure-handed direction, "Man on the Moon", a fascinating biopic of Andy Kaufman, rises above most average biopics. Carrey is just absolutely terrific.
June 15, 2016
Biographical film about the life and career of Andy Kauffman. As in real life, after about an hour, the viewer gets tired of Andy's antics. Not the greatest screenplay by any means but Carey's performance is still the best one his career.
March 13, 2016
Flawed to be sure, but Kaufman was such an enigma that any movie, regardless of who was involved with the production, would have a hard time laying out an entirely convincing narrative about the man. What does make "Man on the Moon"ultimately work is that it's specifically about Andy Kaufman as a contradiction and someone who was impossible to understand. I don't think anyone but Carrey could have played this role.
March 3, 2016
Jim Carey's greatest performance!
February 15, 2016
Supongo que si te interesa este hombre, también lo harán las cosas que suceden en pantalla. Si no es el caso, es una montaña muy dura que subir a pesar del buen trabajo de todo el equipo.
February 1, 2016
I don't understand why this movie is so unpopular, it truly is a hidden gem. I've seen hundreds of movies but this one is like nothing else. It's so original and special in many ways, and may be Jim Carrey's best acting ever.
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic