Man on the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on the Moon Reviews

½ October 19, 2016
Just goes to show that when you get past all Carrey's rubber-faced buffoonery, you've got a very fine actor. His Kaufman is bang on the money. Uncannily so, in fact.
Funny, challenging and very poignant, this is an extremely fine film, which, rather than being a study of the enigma that was Kaufman, just relates his story, as, it seems, he was indefinable.
July 23, 2016
Jim Carrey completely disappears into the role. This is by far my favorite Jim Carrey performance; this is a character that is more complex than anything he's ever played (yes, that includes his characters in "The Truman Show" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".) It's a little formulaic and has some cliches, but thanks to stellar performances from the cast and Milos Forman's sure-handed direction, "Man on the Moon", a fascinating biopic of Andy Kaufman, rises above most average biopics. Carrey is just absolutely terrific.
June 15, 2016
Biographical film about the life and career of Andy Kauffman. As in real life, after about an hour, the viewer gets tired of Andy's antics. Not the greatest screenplay by any means but Carey's performance is still the best one his career.
March 13, 2016
Flawed to be sure, but Kaufman was such an enigma that any movie, regardless of who was involved with the production, would have a hard time laying out an entirely convincing narrative about the man. What does make "Man on the Moon"ultimately work is that it's specifically about Andy Kaufman as a contradiction and someone who was impossible to understand. I don't think anyone but Carrey could have played this role.
March 3, 2016
Jim Carey's greatest performance!
February 15, 2016
Supongo que si te interesa este hombre, también lo harán las cosas que suceden en pantalla. Si no es el caso, es una montaña muy dura que subir a pesar del buen trabajo de todo el equipo.
February 1, 2016
I don't understand why this movie is so unpopular, it truly is a hidden gem. I've seen hundreds of movies but this one is like nothing else. It's so original and special in many ways, and may be Jim Carrey's best acting ever.
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ December 26, 2015
It was enjoyable, and Jim Carrey very accurately portrayed Andy Kaufman in this flick. It was almost terrifying how close he was, honestly. Good movie. 7.5/10
December 6, 2015
This is Jim Carrey at his best Man on the moon is a really clever movie based on Andy Kaufman. This movie is funny sad heartwarming and really damn charming. One of Carrey's best this movie really stand out. And as the movie goes Andy Kaufman's adventures get better and better. An amazing movie an experience a masterpiece
½ November 14, 2015
very interesting and VERY VERY different movie. it was creatively funny in completely different and non-traditional ways. some of it worked for me, other parts didn't. and overall i didn't think it was anything special. Jim Carrey is a beast though. His comedic range is very wide (1 viewing)
August 22, 2015
if andy was alive today I'm sure he be honored to be portray by an talented actor.
August 5, 2015
I respect the serious, hard work that went into this movie, but i don't get Andy Kaufman's personality so i couldn't enjoy it. Except his amazing Elvis impersonation, i don't think he was funny.
½ June 7, 2015
Jim Carrey does more than give us an impression of the late comedian; he becomes him. This is easily his, director Milos Foreman's, most underrated movie.
½ May 29, 2015
This movie is a force of nature. Mostly due to Jim Carrey's phenomenal performance that should have got him nominated at the very least for an Oscar (I know 1999 was a VERY tough year but he at least deserved to get in over Denzel Washington for The Hurricane). Paul Giamatti is fantastic in this, Courtney Love gives such a lovely performance that you really wish she made more movies, Danny DeVito is great in this as always. Milos Forman is such a wonderful director and this seems out of his style doing a biopic on a comedian but he made a wonderful film. Great writing, make up, hair, costumes, and art direction. You don't even have to be knowledgeable on Andy Kaufman's career to enjoy this one
½ May 25, 2015
It a shame that a story about Kaufman has this generic a script but Carey sure has Kaufman down pat .
May 16, 2015
Interesting, funny and weird at the same time. It entertained me from start to finish. A great performance from Jim Carrey.
April 25, 2015
A marvelous love letter to one of the greatest (and most original) entertainers to ever live. We'll never see another one like him (nope, not even Jim Carrey.)
½ April 22, 2015
Carrey nailed Kaufman. This is a hilarious biopic of a man who - rather than the conventional misunderstood artist - but someone who entertained himself and did humor no one really understood.
½ April 20, 2015
Gives a depth and range beyond any expectations of Jim Carrey, and he truly embodies the various elements of Andy Kaufman.
Stunning.
Brilliant performance by Carrey.
Decent biopic overall, and intriguing script.
I couldn't help but realize that we are still seeing only a peek behind the mask that was Kaufman, still a worthy effort.
Maybe not enough of a script to really get to know Kaufman or for that matter Carrey, but it's quite an authentic ride for what they created.