The Art of War Reviews

• Oct 20, 2018

The Art of War, a somewhat pretentiously slick and stylish thriller is a nice action film from the first year of the new millennium. Grafting current events onto that old stand-by plot device, the accused innocent man, and adding lots of gratuitously arty cinematography, Duguay has come up with a film that manages to be diverting - provided, of course, you don't think too deeply about the plot. When the film works, it's because of the tight pacing and expertly choreographed action scenes. The "surprise" twists in the plot are nothing of the sort - anyone who doesn't expect the return from the dead of one character and the betrayal by another hasn't seen many of these movies. This is a good Wesley Snipes film, rather forgotten. (A somewhat underrated Wesley Snipes movie).

• Aug 23, 2017

This film is hilarious but for all the wrong reasons.

This film is hilarious but for all the wrong reasons.

• Aug 20, 2017

I love a conspiracy movie and this one's great. I ADORE Michael Biehn.

I love a conspiracy movie and this one's great. I ADORE Michael Biehn.

• Jul 11, 2015

The "yeah, right" moments just keep coming one after another. The writers should be shot at sunrise.

• Sep 19, 2014

Not a bad film, with Snipes his usual cool self. You have to watch it and listen to it to fully understand what it's all about. However the fight towards the end between Neil and Bly dodging bullets. Come on, really, that was totally unnecessary and cheesy.

• Aug 02, 2014

I remember watching this movie in theaters and thinking to myself, "Could this movie have possibly sucked any more?" It's because of films like this that I now don't watch anything unless I check it out on Rotten Tomatoes first. This movie is as bad as it gets. Just plain dumb with cheaply cited passages from the classic book "The Art of War."

• Feb 25, 2014

Just a confusing plot that fails to garner a high interest level. Never clicks.

Just a confusing plot that fails to garner a high interest level. Never clicks.

• Jul 12, 2013

May because I am seeing this movie in 2013, it seems a bit predictable with the major twists already been felt beforehand. But none the less, it is a good time pass flick which deserved to be watched at least once.

• Jun 07, 2013

based on the words of Sun Tzu, a quite strong movie , overwhelmed by action along all movie and goes boring . Mixing China , USA and the UN . with a rather unexpected (happy )end !

• May 07, 2013

I Personally Think That This Movie Is Often Under-Rated As "The Art Of War" Is An Entertaining & Slow-Burn Thriller. So The Plot Is Your Usual Overdone Good Guy's Framed & Has To Clear His Name Gig. But The Film Does It's Job, An Action Film Is To Entertain & This Certainly Does That. You Get A Hollywood Star (This Time Wesley Snipes), & Place Them In An All-Action Film With A Decent Supporting Cast. Donald Sutherland Co-Stars To Add Some Star Power, As Well As Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Star Of Chinese Classic "Iron Monkey") Playing The Villain.