10 Years Reviews

• Oct 10, 2020

I loved this small but brilliant gem of a movie and especially enjoyed the story of Elise and Reeves. It's a romantic slice-of-life film so relatable I could watch it over and over again. The script was brilliant and rings true, and the actors all seemed natural in their role, which I ascribe to an effective director. Not every movie has to be a blockbuster.

• Oct 08, 2020

Reunion di ex compagni di college, ben riuscito, con una buona sceneggiatura e dei personaggi soliti e caratteristici nonostante siano molto numerosi; ognuno ben distinto. Il cast di volti noti aiuta nell'intento di distinguere cosi tante storie differenti.

• Apr 01, 2020

I feel like I should preface any discussion of 10 Years by saying that I hated my high school years, and would never have dreamed of visiting any reunions of any kind. That makes movies that look at these themes a bit harder for me to enjoy. I don’t connect with people who had strong friendships back then and long to recapture their “glory days.” In fact, there are a handful of people I relate to in this film, and they spend most of the time being terrorized all over again by the guy who bullied them 10 years ago. That being said, I still found myself interested in the emotional journey that these characters were taking. I liked that each one had their own piece of unfinished business to resolve. And the fact that they brought in spouses or girlfriends gave them the perfect opportunity to dump some exposition for the audience at the same time they tell characters who don’t know these things already. The casting was quite good in 10 Years. At first, I wasn’t sure about Chris Pratt playing a jerk, but he brilliantly taps into the way a bully still asserts domination even when trying to apologize. Oscar Isaac is great, even if Kate Mara is a bit flat when they play off one another. Even Channing Tatum did a decent job of working through the conflicted emotions someone might have when in the same room with both his former and present girlfriends. I think one of the big things that I struggled with in 10 Years was that some of the stories lacked any resolution. I know not everything is so easily dealt with in 100 minutes of film, but there were at least 3 stories that go nowhere. I suppose that’s the reality of life, that sometimes we can’t make amends, or get the girl, or whatever it might be. Despite the way the film left me hanging, I still appreciate how it presented the story. Despite my lack of connection to people like this, 10 Years had a charm that I enjoyed.

• Feb 29, 2020

Most boring movie I have ever seen. It portrays people that actually think a 10 year reunion has any importance or meaning what-so-ever, which they don't!

• Jan 03, 2020

This movie is about awkwardness. And it is very awkward to watch it, but I love it.

• Feb 02, 2019

How did they get these huge stars to make such a horrible movie?

How did they get these huge stars to make such a horrible movie?

Thomas D Super Reviewer
    Apr 15, 2018

There are certain films that come along and you can tell you wouldn't see them in the same eyes if you had watched the film at a different time. 10 Years is one of those films. It's not that I can directly see myself in any one particular character, I've gotten to the point in my life where High School does seem like a lifetime ago, but I still remember a good chunk of it at the same time. 10 Years does a brilliant job of representing nostalgia without overbearing us with cheesy romances and outrageous comedy. It's just simply a nice blend of comedy, romance, and drama, with a tremendous cast who weren't really famous until a few years down the line. Sure, you have Rosario Dawson and Justin Long, who had been around the block in movies before. But then there's Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan, Chris Pratt, Aubrey Plaza, Kate Mara, Oscar Isaac, and Anthony Mackie who hadn't quite hit a mainstream stride just yet. The best part is, they all look and feel like they could have been high school classmates. It's not easy to present chemistry for people who have known each other for more than a decade, but this cast managed to do just that pretty easily. And if there's ever a question of Mara's charisma compared to her sister's typically more acclaimed acting, 10 Years puts that to rest. Her and Oscar Isaac are magnetic together in this film. A great soundtrack, nostalgia filled script, and a genuinely acted film makes 10 Years a hidden gem, but not a film I will soon forget. 9.5/10

• Oct 24, 2017

Solid working of a familiar formula with enough star power to get it over the line

• Jul 16, 2017

The reason i know about this film is Oscar Isaac. An underrated film with a charming cast. If it were released in 2017, it would have been a different story (it would have got brilliant reviews and audience poll). I personally think its 500 times better than St. Elmos fire atleast (though the 1985 flick is fun). I think Never had, Oscar, Channing, Chris, Mackie and everyone of the cast members performed their bit. Ron Livingston cameo is very nice to, he along with Isaac, Mackie and Tatum bring the good looks charm too. A very sweet and underrated movie which I would watch on holiday with my partner. I also think Kate Mara looks lovely here. Her character is adorable in this movie. I give it a thumbs up.

• May 12, 2017

Nostalgia comedy with a great cast. I didn't hear a word about this movie until a friend mentioned it a few weeks ago - did it get any publicity? Anyhow, worth watching for a few sweet reveals and character connections.