Reviews

• 2d ago

A brilliant small film about friendship and closure. It's realistic - Reeves' and Elise's story tells my own college romantic experience. I love Oscar Isaac's song "Never Had".

• Jun 09, 2021

Bottle episode movie with some familiar and fun actors. Unfortunately, the plot doesn't have too much of a climax. The only storyline I was truly invested in was Kate Mara's and Oscar Issac's.

Aldo G Super Reviewer
    May 31, 2021

The film perfectly mirrors real-life including its portrayals of the delinquents that made school miserable for many.

• Mar 12, 2021

Not a great film, despite some cute moments. The Chris Pratt character was worse than a "douche"; he was a racist bully and should have been labeled as such.

• Oct 10, 2020

I loved this small but brilliant gem of a movie and especially enjoyed the story of Elise and Reeves. It's a romantic slice-of-life film so relatable I could watch it over and over again. The script was brilliant and rings true, and the actors all seemed natural in their role, which I ascribe to an effective director. Not every movie has to be a blockbuster.

• Oct 08, 2020

Reunion di ex compagni di college, ben riuscito, con una buona sceneggiatura e dei personaggi soliti e caratteristici nonostante siano molto numerosi; ognuno ben distinto. Il cast di volti noti aiuta nell'intento di distinguere cosi tante storie differenti.

• Apr 01, 2020

I feel like I should preface any discussion of 10 Years by saying that I hated my high school years, and would never have dreamed of visiting any reunions of any kind. That makes movies that look at these themes a bit harder for me to enjoy. I don’t connect with people who had strong friendships back then and long to recapture their “glory days.” In fact, there are a handful of people I relate to in this film, and they spend most of the time being terrorized all over again by the guy who bullied them 10 years ago. That being said, I still found myself interested in the emotional journey that these characters were taking. I liked that each one had their own piece of unfinished business to resolve. And the fact that they brought in spouses or girlfriends gave them the perfect opportunity to dump some exposition for the audience at the same time they tell characters who don’t know these things already. The casting was quite good in 10 Years. At first, I wasn’t sure about Chris Pratt playing a jerk, but he brilliantly taps into the way a bully still asserts domination even when trying to apologize. Oscar Isaac is great, even if Kate Mara is a bit flat when they play off one another. Even Channing Tatum did a decent job of working through the conflicted emotions someone might have when in the same room with both his former and present girlfriends. I think one of the big things that I struggled with in 10 Years was that some of the stories lacked any resolution. I know not everything is so easily dealt with in 100 minutes of film, but there were at least 3 stories that go nowhere. I suppose that’s the reality of life, that sometimes we can’t make amends, or get the girl, or whatever it might be. Despite the way the film left me hanging, I still appreciate how it presented the story. Despite my lack of connection to people like this, 10 Years had a charm that I enjoyed.

• Feb 29, 2020

Most boring movie I have ever seen. It portrays people that actually think a 10 year reunion has any importance or meaning what-so-ever, which they don't!

• Jan 03, 2020

This movie is about awkwardness. And it is very awkward to watch it, but I love it.

• Feb 02, 2019

How did they get these huge stars to make such a horrible movie?

How did they get these huge stars to make such a horrible movie?