Evolution Reviews

½ July 24, 2007
Wayne Grey: Ka ka, ka ka! Kakaaa! Tukki Tukki! Tukki Tukki!
Harry Block: Wayne, I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.

Those lines always cracks me up!
½ August 9, 2011
A fun sci-fi movie that although quite unrealistic, still provides some cool effects and plenty of laughter.
½ June 14, 2011
Out of all the popcorn films I have seen recently Evolution has to be my favourite, It is by no means a completely original brilliant piece of cinema but it is a good fast paced comedy to sit back into and enjoy. Duchovny and Jones work well together and the film keeps you laughing throughout.
½ June 14, 2011
A terrible attempt to make a new Ghostbusters. Sometimes fun, but nothing good, silly gags, awful screenplay, Evolution is a weak try to do sucess again with comedy and sci-fi of Reitman. Rotten.
cosmo313
½ June 9, 2006
This isn't great, but it's a few degrees above better than average, and the effects are cool. It's also pretty funny and clever, and I like the cast. Too bad it's not as good as Reitman's earlier works. He needs to make some more movies. I miss him.
½ May 28, 2010
Even though it's the poor man's MIB, this is still pretty funny and bizarre. Being directed by Ivan Rietman, there's a lot of similar elements to Ghostbusters and the feeling of a team which I really liked. It doesn't go too far overboard with showing aliens, you have the general idea and that's it. I think all the performances are good, especially from David Duchovny, Julianne Moore and Seann William Scott.
FiLmCrAzY
½ September 4, 2007
i liked its funny, quirky and fun i like the cast an enjoyable movie!!
arashxak
½ November 27, 2009
Dumb sci-fi flick which was quite fun & funny at times
September 24, 2009
15 years too late. Not one of Ivan Reitman?s best.
Chiefilms
½ June 29, 2009
Dumb and fun with random casting. Has some good moments and is an interesting comedy but probably isn't funny after watching it multiple times.
September 26, 2008
We have already established that cakaw cakaw and touki-touki don't work.
FilmFanatik
December 24, 2007
Another great comfort food flick.
deano
December 7, 2006
Director Ivan Reitman makes every laugh and special effect count, as if he'd made the film before. Well, in fact, he did - as Ghostbusters. But this in no way takes away from the fun of watching this silly, inventive romp.
½ November 25, 2007
A breezy, perfectly mediocre sorta-comedy. Makes a great movie for you and your friends to talk over 90% of the time and then tune in during some of the ridiculously stupid gags. Which is what I did.
puffchunk
September 28, 2007
okay
½ August 8, 2007
God, this movie is freakin' hilarious.
½ July 24, 2007
What a great cast! Too bad the movie stunk!
thmtsang
½ July 21, 2007
Really naf movie. Why would David want to do this after the X files?!
skactopus
½ July 18, 2007
Most people will find this movie stupid and idiotic, but if you were expecting that before actually watching this, it is a really funny movie. I mean, look at the title. There is a happy face with three eyes. It is screaming at you to not take this seriously. So, I didn't. I didn't expect an Independence Day and I didn't get one. No disappointments.The story is nothing original, but it is highly entertaining. You put that together with the slapstick comedy acting and extremely funny dialogue and you're in for a night of laughter. They actually use the word "crapola" in this film. Tell me that isn't funny.The acting isn't anything spectacular, but all the actors fit in well. David Duchovny with his usual dullness worked well with his character. Most likely because it seemed similar to his Mulder character from The X-Files. Sean William Scott and Orlando Jones' comedic performances also blend in well with this film. They even managed to give Julianne Moore a funny character with her clumsiness. You can't help but laugh when she falls while getting out of the firetruck. The CG effects are pretty cheesy, although at times look pretty good. Like I mentioned earlier though, if you don't take this movie seriously then the cheesy CG fits right in with no problem.What more can I say? If your in the mood for a funny comedy with a sci-fi type of story then this will be the movie for you. In fact, I'll watch this again right now. "I'll take a pair of spy glasses and a hot chocolate."
½ July 8, 2007
This was a surprise, but I still remember laughing a lot more than I thought I would....Many quotes also.