The Fast and the Furious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fast and the Furious Reviews

½ August 15, 2017
While the acting is poor and the dialogue is abysmal, there are a few really well done action sequences where the stunt men come to the movie's rescue of being predictable and cheesy.
August 1, 2017
The very start of the Fast franchise, under the hood of the shiny cars, rebellion and status. It is one of the first movies to portray the bad guy, Toretto, as an inherently good person with an unfortunate childhood and also the main character. It values family (regardless of blood relation), sympathy and forgiveness. The adrenaline rush that comes with the cars and races are most definitely also a plus!
July 29, 2017
Although there is not much to the story, The fast and the furious is still a fun film. it has cool cars and is over the top, but not as over the top as some of the others.

7.5/10
½ July 23, 2017
This is a pretty good movie, it's really fun
July 20, 2017
Amazing the best one in my opinion
½ July 11, 2017
The first time I watched this film, I actually thought it was a spoof of something for about an hour, because the acting was so bad. Awful.
½ July 11, 2017
This is an OK movie.
½ June 23, 2017
Not too bad, but it wasn't special enough to need a billion sequels after.
½ June 21, 2017
It is a guilty pleasure of mine Otherwise it is an alright movie
It.may not be one of the best films of all time but provides a lot of escapism and entetainnent
½ June 14, 2017
Watching this flashy and eyesores race while stealing DVDs makes the early 2000's cringe worthy. Age has not being good to this film and neither will I.
½ June 14, 2017
Hmm...this was quite good for a film that was made in 2001. I must say; that was intense! It was a spectacular start to one of Hollywood's most successful and popular franchises ever.
This adrenaline flick officially classifies as one of my favourite films of all time, only because of how well it is put together! It was action-packed, has a relatable cast & simply never get's old! On top of all that, the performances were so superb that the audience just feels for the characters and cares about what's gonna happen to them next. Now that's what I call a 'Good Movie!'
June 13, 2017
Dominic Toretto is a man who participates in illegal car races around the world. He wins a lot of money because he's the best; and also because he needs to pay for his sister's education, Mia Toretto; and he's got a family to look after. Dominic's life changes completly when he meets a cop from the FBI, Brian O' Conner.
There are some great actors and actress in this film, such as Vin Diesel (Dominic Toretto), Jordana Brewster (Mia Toretto), Michelle Rodriguez (Letty), and also Paul Walker (Brian O' Conner).
The part that I liked the best was when the characters were participating in the "Race Wars".
June 11, 2017
Ok so this movie is ridiculous, mindless entertainment, and thats fine with me. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker are total pimps.
June 5, 2017
Breezy and action-packed, The Fast and the Furious may be cheesy, but it's still fun.
June 2, 2017
The plot - undercover cop infiltrates criminal street-racing gang - is just an excuse for several hi-adrenalin racing sequences, which are zippily directed by Rob Cohen. It helps too that he has several attractive performances from Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and Telly Savalas-clone Vin Diesel. Perfect popcorn for speed junkies.
May 20, 2017
Start to finish Shit embraces street racing
½ May 17, 2017
Nothing deep, complex, or really original, but if you're looking for a stylish movie with fast cars and popcorn thrills, this will do just fine.
½ May 10, 2017
The movie that some how spawned a now eight film series.
Straight away the cast have great chemistry especially Vin Diesel and Paul Walker and it works and at no point do I question their friend growing over the film
The car action is pretty impressive with the '69 Charger is a real highlight.
The Acton is a bit wooden at times but characters make up for it in personality. Over All the film is solid and has awesome cars and fun characters
I would recommend it if you like cars and solid family values sorta
May 9, 2017
Decent, but silly premise. Has more originality than the sequel's.
May 4, 2017
I can't say I enjoy cars in general, but mindless street racing really makes a poor movie. Is it too late to claim my admission refund? (First and only viewing - Late Summer 2001 in theaters)