The Fast and the Furious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fast and the Furious Reviews

July 28, 2016
***
'The Fast and the Furious' serves as an entertaining romp with great action sequences, and plenty of cars! Just don't go in expecting any more than that.
July 26, 2016
Vin Diesel made this movie badass.
July 14, 2016
This ones ok but the fifth one of fast and furious is better and the other films fast 6 including furious 7 is always been the best fast and furious by far
July 10, 2016
Not the best, but truly gives a nostalgic impact.
July 10, 2016
awesome fun entertaining movie with a great story. the story is a lot more intricate than I remember it being and flows very well. good character development and building an attachment to them. There is a pretty strong psychological aspect to Brian and Dom's characters as well as some of the others. good creative directing. and even tho most people may disagree, I think it had good acting by Paul walker, and the other actors played their roles perfectly. the dialogue was pretty weak. good score and song selection for the soundtrack. One of my favorites and partially a guilty pleasure movie for me. I think it's really good but at the same time there is a lot you can make fun of, i find myself laughing at those parts, because even though they're bad, i still like them (about 5 viewings)
July 1, 2016
Serviceable car film, but definitely not the best car chase film out there, the writing is somewhat weak & corny often, great car scenes but no hint of wit in the dialogue anywhere, Vin should stick to playing Riddick lol
June 29, 2016
Way better than I thought it would be, Enjoyed the cars and the races, The stunts and the action which i'm surprised it had as much as it did.
June 25, 2016
Racing cars, romances, family
June 22, 2016
Perfectly said Greg. My hat goes off to you sir.
June 22, 2016
All these car movies are stupid and the stories make no sense.
June 22, 2016
Rogelio, this isn't for you. This is for everyone in 2001 who came out to support a small film that blossomed into a billion dollar franchise. You will never create anything as big as what F&F has done for the action/thriller genre. This is for all the kids who drove their Civics/Accords/Integras to the theater and raced home, ready to supe up their cars to be just like the ones on the big screen. You say you're tired of "all these car movies". Well this is THE car movie.
"I like the tuna here"
"Bull***t a**hole, no one likes the tuna here"
"Yeah, well I do!"
??Watch your back! Watch your, watch your back??
June 20, 2016
The film that started the entire franchise. Too bad the entire story was a ripoff of "Point Break" but with cars instead of extreme sports. What they did with the story though was decent and the car racing scenes were well directed. Paul Walker's transparent performance is nothing to write home about but Vin Diesel does a pretty good job.
June 10, 2016
It's not the most amazing movie, but I still really like it. I can still enjoy it years later.
½ June 3, 2016
Between now and when it was first released on VHS over a decade ago, I tried no less than eight times to actually watch this film in its entirety. I just finished the task, and I guess I wasn't prepared for it to be quite the bare-faced ripoff of Point Break that it was. Some halfway decent acting could probably have bumped this up to a 2 star deal, but as it stands I can't stretch that far.
½ May 31, 2016
La película es frenética y con muchos artículos acordes a la trama: autos potentes, mujeres sensuales, hombres fornidos, etc. Se nota el compañerismo de los protagonistas y la confianza entre ellos, especialmente entre Vin Diesel y Paul Walker.

La acción queda encasillada en las escenas de carreras, y esto afecta debido a que el resto de la película nos deja esperando otra y ahí pierde puntos a favor.

Respeta fielmente su estilo de competiciones callejeras ilegales metiéndonos en ese mundo, incluso las intenciones de los protagonistas y porque deciden hacer esto. Por el resto no hay propósito claro y no es bien manejado haciéndolo subordinado en la película.

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (2001) "Es gratificante para los que buscan adrenalina, para él resto era cuestión de esperar que sus secuelas fueran más profundas y brillantes"
½ May 7, 2016
By no means is this a brilliant recommendation, but rather the best of the four original movies in this series. With a seemingly talented cast put to waste on poor material to work with, this movie grinds to a definite halt long before the end credits start rolling.
May 2, 2016
To me this is a classic, and one of my favorite movies (more the franchise than this movie specifically.) It's not phenomenal, but the characters are good, as well as the actors performances, and the plot is good! The script was ultimately the biggest flaw because a lot of the dialogue wasn't great and was kinda cheesy, but it's not awful. There's sexy cars and girls, and some great scenes! Also, there's a scene after the credits. The movie isn't a masterpiece, but it's enjoyable enough, and with a huge thanks to the characters and actors, as well as some awesome scenes! It's the starting point to a franchise that gets awesome with time...and isn't gonna be done any time soon...
½ April 11, 2016
The original will always be the best.
March 12, 2016
A start of a hit or miss franchise