The Fast and the Furious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fast and the Furious Reviews

½ June 23, 2017
Not too bad, but it wasn't special enough to need a billion sequels after.
½ June 21, 2017
It is a guilty pleasure of mine Otherwise it is an alright movie
It.may not be one of the best films of all time but provides a lot of escapism and entetainnent
½ June 14, 2017
Watching this flashy and eyesores race while stealing DVDs makes the early 2000's cringe worthy. Age has not being good to this film and neither will I.
½ June 14, 2017
Hmm...this was quite good for a film that was made in 2001. I must say; that was intense! It was a spectacular start to one of Hollywood's most successful and popular franchises ever.
This adrenaline flick officially classifies as one of my favourite films of all time, only because of how well it is put together! It was action-packed, has a relatable cast & simply never get's old! On top of all that, the performances were so superb that the audience just feels for the characters and cares about what's gonna happen to them next. Now that's what I call a 'Good Movie!'
June 13, 2017
Dominic Toretto is a man who participates in illegal car races around the world. He wins a lot of money because he's the best; and also because he needs to pay for his sister's education, Mia Toretto; and he's got a family to look after. Dominic's life changes completly when he meets a cop from the FBI, Brian O' Conner.
There are some great actors and actress in this film, such as Vin Diesel (Dominic Toretto), Jordana Brewster (Mia Toretto), Michelle Rodriguez (Letty), and also Paul Walker (Brian O' Conner).
The part that I liked the best was when the characters were participating in the "Race Wars".
June 11, 2017
Ok so this movie is ridiculous, mindless entertainment, and thats fine with me. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker are total pimps.
June 5, 2017
Breezy and action-packed, The Fast and the Furious may be cheesy, but it's still fun.
June 2, 2017
The plot - undercover cop infiltrates criminal street-racing gang - is just an excuse for several hi-adrenalin racing sequences, which are zippily directed by Rob Cohen. It helps too that he has several attractive performances from Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and Telly Savalas-clone Vin Diesel. Perfect popcorn for speed junkies.
May 20, 2017
Start to finish Shit embraces street racing
½ May 17, 2017
Nothing deep, complex, or really original, but if you're looking for a stylish movie with fast cars and popcorn thrills, this will do just fine.
½ May 14, 2017
This is a pretty good movie
½ May 10, 2017
The movie that some how spawned a now eight film series.
Straight away the cast have great chemistry especially Vin Diesel and Paul Walker and it works and at no point do I question their friend growing over the film
The car action is pretty impressive with the '69 Charger is a real highlight.
The Acton is a bit wooden at times but characters make up for it in personality. Over All the film is solid and has awesome cars and fun characters
I would recommend it if you like cars and solid family values sorta
May 9, 2017
Decent, but silly premise. Has more originality than the sequel's.
May 4, 2017
I can't say I enjoy cars in general, but mindless street racing really makes a poor movie. Is it too late to claim my admission refund? (First and only viewing - Late Summer 2001 in theaters)
May 1, 2017
Found it a bit difficult to concentrate watching this. Unlikely to be because the plot is complicated, more likely as despite the fast cars it's a bit dull.
½ April 30, 2017
it's a very bad film, incredibly bad. if you know anything about cars, it'll leave you annoyed or worse.
April 25, 2017
The sexual tension between paul walker and vin diesel gives new meaning to the term "fuel injected".
April 22, 2017
I HOPE IT'S A GOOD MOVIE, BECAUSE PAUL WALKER DIED ON THE CAR ACCIDENT. BUT HE DID A GOOD JOB AT THE FAST & THE FURIOUS 7. SO I MISS PAUL WALKER ON THE NEWS.
½ April 20, 2017
This is what started it all. This is the film that no one expected to spawn so many sequels. The Fast and the Furious stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker ,(obviously) and it is about a cop named Brian O'Connor who goes undercover to investigate a street racing team (lead by Dominic Toretto) who might possibly be responsible for a series of heists on semi-trucks. I thought that this movie was good, but it was a lot to be desired. Above all of the films in the fast and the furious franchise, this one has one of the better plots, all it is is a Point Break remake, but like what I said, not everything is right. There are times that are dull, mainly due to below-average acting, or certain moments that didn't do much for the plot. Paul Walker is a stand-out though. He wasn't bad, in a matter of fact, he is the main character in the first two movies in the series. So, this film is a guilty-pleasure for me. It had a lot of flaws, but it was firm start to the now famous, Fast and Furious franchise.
Over all, it was good, not the best compared to some other entries, but still good. 3 1/2 stars out of 5.