The Fast and the Furious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fast and the Furious Reviews

April 25, 2017
The sexual tension between paul walker and vin diesel gives new meaning to the term "fuel injected".
April 22, 2017
I HOPE IT'S A GOOD MOVIE, BECAUSE PAUL WALKER DIED ON THE CAR ACCIDENT. BUT HE DID A GOOD JOB AT THE FAST & THE FURIOUS 7. SO I MISS PAUL WALKER ON THE NEWS.
½ April 20, 2017
This is what started it all. This is the film that no one expected to spawn so many sequels. The Fast and the Furious stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker ,(obviously) and it is about a cop named Brian O'Connor who goes undercover to investigate a street racing team (lead by Dominic Toretto) who might possibly be responsible for a series of heists on semi-trucks. I thought that this movie was good, but it was a lot to be desired. Above all of the films in the fast and the furious franchise, this one has one of the better plots, all it is is a Point Break remake, but like what I said, not everything is right. There are times that are dull, mainly due to below-average acting, or certain moments that didn't do much for the plot. Paul Walker is a stand-out though. He wasn't bad, in a matter of fact, he is the main character in the first two movies in the series. So, this film is a guilty-pleasure for me. It had a lot of flaws, but it was firm start to the now famous, Fast and Furious franchise.
Over all, it was good, not the best compared to some other entries, but still good. 3 1/2 stars out of 5.
April 15, 2017
I watched this, and as a motor head, I loved the movie and cars!
½ April 13, 2017
It's not as fast paced or action packed as later entries, but The Fast and the Furious is a fantastic movie with good acting and great writing and action.
April 13, 2017
Who would have thought this movie was the start of a ridiculously long series which has now reached its 8th film. This was the best one of the 3 I picked as the most watchable and cohesive. besides 2 fast 2 furious I feel like the odd number films were the most wonderful especially part 7 which took the ridiculous nature of films 4-6 and actually added a creative storyline like this first installment did. No wonder why part 1 and 7 where the most successful in the boxoffice and critically. numbers don't lie. this and part 7 are the only ones I can watch multiple times without hesitation. this one will always be a personal favorite.
April 13, 2017
It had loads of action and it had some great cars and the ending was great
½ April 11, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

The Fast and The Furious lo tiene todo para convertirse en un clásico; muy aparte de un guión no muy bueno pero rico en escencia de inicio a fin.
April 10, 2017
"The Fast and the Furious" presents a good plot and although its visual effects are outdated they still work. What really weakens the movie is its cast. The actors barely show any emotion. Not a must-see but fun. If you're not a big fan of cars and street races, there are better things to watch.
jamrcla
April 9, 2017
Way better than I thought it would be, Enjoyed the cars and the races, The stunts and the action which i'm surprised it had as much as it did, Not greatly acted but we can excuse all that as there's enough to keep most entertained with what's on offer.
April 8, 2017
Aspettando l'ottavo capitolo di questo enorme franchise ho deciso di rivedermi tutti i film che ne fanno parte. Con il primo capitolo mi aspettavo qualcosa di stupido e poco coerente, ma mi sono dovuto ricredere. Non mi è piaciuta l'ambientazione che fa da sfondo alla storia, visto che a tratti è palesemente finta e quasi ridicola. Quello che mi ha stupito è stata la cura e l'attenzione con cui vengono scritti e creati i personaggi. L'incontro tra i due protagonisti e le loro interazioni sono nettamente la parte migliore del film e mi incuriosisce molto approfondire le loro relazioni nei film futuri. Nel complesso ritengo questo primo film apprezzabile e pienamente sufficiente.
April 7, 2017
The best one, yet critics didn't start liking these movies until part 5 ?
April 6, 2017
A fun launching pad for what would become one of the most dominant franchises of the 21st century. 75/100
½ April 4, 2017
16 years and 7 films ago the Fast & Furious franchise wasn't the worldwide phenomena that it is now. It was once a cheesy Point Break rip-off that took itself way too seriously. But you know what, it was a darn good guilty pleasure movie. That's for sure.

A lot has changed over the years in the series, but the one constant has always been that the films are about family. For all its faults, no one can deny how well this film does the family angle. It's not the best acting, writing, or directing, but you care enough about the characters to where you believe the motivations behind characters' actions regarding family. But let's talk about how ridiculous, stupid, and fun this movie is.

They drive their cars (successfully) underneath semi-trucks several times throughout the film. So much so that when I was younger I believed it was possible. That word, "possible", will be used sparingly through the course of this film and the entire series. Where Furious 7 pushes the boundaries of reality by driving cars via one building to the next, The Fast and the Furious provides the unbelievable through street car races with seemingly a few hundred people. In the middle of the night, that is. Oh and those hundreds of people each have their own car and parking spot, that is. But that won't be the last time the film could have you roll your eyes.

In fact, it's way easier to watch this film now that I've seen every installment to date. This film is extremely dated, but it's an interesting watch, especially considering where the series has gone to now. There's an underground motorcycle gang who steals DVD players and stashes them in a Thai-food restaurant. The climax of the film begins at an event called Race Wars. Creative huh? At one point, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) tells someone to back off or she will scar her face with tire tracks. I guess my point is, if you don't accept the film for what it is, I don't think you'll have any fun with it.

The real joy of this film comes by its goofiest and most outlandish moments, but also with its impressive stunts and action. In camera stunts may be this franchise's finest assets, and the last highway heist in this film is a thing of beauty. Yes, the film gets bogged down by a really dated and contrived script, but there's so much undeniable fun to be had here. A guilty pleasure movie at its best

+Stunts/action

+All about family

+Ridiculously goofy/fun

-Horrible script, and passable acting

-Takes itself a little too serious at times

7.5/10
March 25, 2017
3/5. A guilty pleasure that is fun, but doesn't even hint at the greatness this series will have later on.
March 25, 2017
This movie would go on develop one of the biggest action franchises in the world, but it had bromantic humble beginnings. With a small budget, it was able to make an entertaining undercover cop thriller, all covered in cheese. The first movie wasn't anything amazing but the sequels are more bombastic and entertaining.
March 25, 2017
A great start to the long running series
½ March 25, 2017
The first half of the movie is awesome. But then it kind of drifts into mediocrity and makes no sense. Paul Walker's character shouldn't have been a cop. He can't pull it off as an actor. But I loved the street racing.
March 23, 2017
UPDATE: I now officially love this movie. OG REVIEW: I hated this movie when I first saw it. Then I hated it again on DVD right before I went to see 2 Fast 2 Furious. Yet, other than number 3 I have seen all FF's in the theater opening weekend. Why do I keep seeing these? I hate them right?! No I don't, I love them. They are so bad but oh sooooo Good. Like the Twilight Franchise, there is special place in my heart for the adventures of Dom and Bryan. Vin Diesel is cool and Paul Walker is just so damn likable. Cool cars, beautiful women, stupid story, but damn those cars are cool.