The Terminal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Terminal Reviews

½ July 16, 2017
Unbelievable in many elements, especially in creating an unecessary villain, but the two main characters are more authentic: Zeta-Jones' love interest is cleverly written and refreshingly three-dimensional and Hanks' performance melts the heart so much that it's hard not to love The Terminal.
July 16, 2017
Apart from other critics, I would like to say this is greatly made when it comes to discrimination of other people from other nations. Neither men nor women should be mistreated according to their races, genders, ages, distributions of wealth and nationalities. I made a conclusion not to treat anyone based on them. It was surely educational and informative. I learned that I have missed something very important to us. Since we are living in a multicultural society, we don't need to fight and argue but have to get together to get through our future laid down upon us. Impressively done.
June 27, 2017
Laughed out Loud on so many dialogues. Funny thing is, I just arrived from our newly built airport in Jakarta, and almost all of the brands in the JFK airport pictured in the movie are also there in Soekarno-Hatta airport. I love it! :ets go t the airport. :)
June 27, 2017
A heart-warming story .
June 17, 2017
A different story from Steven Spielberg.The story tells us how bad it is when u can't speak english and how bad it is not to have a homeland.Tom Hanks proves again that he's a brilliant actor.I almost believed that he's from Krakozhia :)
May 12, 2017
Very touching indeed. I have seen this movie four or five times over the years and never ceased to taste it like a fresh coffee in the morning.
May 6, 2017
Seeing as this was supposed to be inspired by the real life story of Merhan Nasseri it had great potential for a true life drama that was for some reason converted into a comedy that wasn't remotely funny. A beyond boring film that didnt feel like it bore any resemblance to what might happen in a real life scenario. By far the worst Tom Hanks film I've ever seen with the character he portrays being so harmless it's annoying. Why would Spielberg go to the bother of making this movie and not portray more accurately the real life story of Nasseri?!
March 16, 2017
My favorite Spielberg movie, without a doubt.
½ March 7, 2017
Not perfect, in fact you could say this is a let down for both Spielberg and Hanks, two big legends, but I actually still liked this movie overall.
January 30, 2017
viewed on 4/10/04 (Sun)

I don't think Steven Spielberg is good with comedies. This is easily one of my least favourites, together with AMISTAD. I even like AI and CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. I think the problem is Steven Spielberg is so renowed as a wonderful director that any mediocre from him is considered as something bad.

I catch myself yawning, figeting alot and even daydreaming during the show. Thinking of a reason, I think I should not say Steven is not good at comedies. Some scenes can make me laugh because it tickles me like many Hollywood comedies will. Like the part Tom Hanks keeps going back with a light green form to fish for information about a girl over the counter so that he can be fed with food from a guy who likes her. Like the part the Indian cleaner with a habit of watching people slipping because they always ignore the warning sign posts. These parts are funny but not original.

The feel-good bit comes in more 'unnatural'. What with the episode of the medicine for the goats? I find the romantic subplot of the food guy and the counter girl is redundant. I also find the romance between Tom Hanks and Catherine not convincing enough. The part when they throw their beepers out is very corny. I bet even Catherine feels awkward too.

Yup. I don't like the movie. Many will hate me for saying this but I think it can be a much better movie if it is directed by, like Chris Columbus or Jon Turteltaub or Ivan Reitman.

Expected Rating: A-
Rating: B-
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 1, 2017
The first half is engaging with a very interesting performance from Hanks but as the film progresses, it turns into the most overly sentimental and forcefully cliche'd almost "Lifetime" film that takes away any genuine interest in Victor Kaborski and the ridiculous and sloppily written love story between him and Katherine Zeta-Jones.
January 1, 2017
A surprisingly light weight affair for Spielberg; light in both tone and content. What starts as an interesting concept quickly loses traction as characters lapse into pantomime stereotype and the plot unravels from sweet to implausible to utterly ridiculous. The movie is largely saved by Hanks' Everyman charm and if there is a standout in The Terminal it's a showcase for his superb comic timing and physical comedy. It's perfectly watchable but given the talent involved a strangely saccharine misfire.
November 28, 2016
one of the best movies I've seen in my lifetime.
November 25, 2016
The terminal is a delicate comedy balancing between a romance, a monologue, the hero story, and a socio-political commentary. It truly is a work of art that banks on its eery nature and its one in a million plot.
½ November 17, 2016
Anchored by fantastic set designs, moments of genuine wonder and a typically excellent Tom Hanks performance, The Terminal is a fish out water story told with warmth and charm, largely thanks to its lead. Adopting a Russianesque accent and wandering around with befuddlement thick and obvious on his face, he adjusts to, and even learns to thrive in, his state of diplomatic limbo. Catherine Zeta-Jones as a love interest, is likable despite being underwritten and not especially convincing. Stanley Tucci has a great time as the officious officer confused and frustrated by the situation unfolding in his airport. The ending is easily the weakest part of the movie, being about as phoney, schmaltzy and manufactured as can be. No surprise that it's a Spielberg film. Despite this, it's an enjoyable watch overall, as our hero constantly evolves as he interacts with his environment and those around him. His journey is an emotional one, something of a midlife coming of age story, and while slow at times, it's still thoroughly enjoyable.
October 22, 2016
This is a really powerful movie that focuses none other but us. The United States of America. It focuses on our crazy immigration policies, it focuses on the death grip that we have on how we perceive how well our system works, among other things. This is a really good look at American culture - good and bad, in and out.
½ October 15, 2016
I don't know what wrong with everyone i like this movie.