Hoodwinked - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hoodwinked Reviews

½ June 1, 2017
Some fun bits and a decent turn on the classic story doesn't quite live up to other animated giants.
½ May 9, 2017
Despite its low-quality animation, Hoodwinked is still a clever, funny, and musically-solid adventure.
April 30, 2017
This is one of the greatest animated films I've ever seen in my life(period). Not my all time favorite, but one of my favorites
I know the animation is bad, but everything else is great
April 7, 2017
Plot line great
Voices great
Music good
Animation terrible
April 2, 2017
I stopped the movie really early. It was lame, and stupid jokes.
February 26, 2017
4th best animated movie of all time hands down. (Frozen,zootopia, KF Panda).
½ January 29, 2017
Terrible animation, but great story
January 21, 2017
Hoodwinked is one of the more severely underrated animated movies, there actually are some good jokes, especially when Wolfie asked Twitchy "What kind of candles are those?", when Wolfie was taking a TAXI to chase Red around the forest and Twitchy being too hyper. My favorite character here was Twitchy!
January 19, 2017
There's a great premise, and some good writing, and it's very funny. Great cast too. Patrick Warburton as the wolf the highlight. It's a shame the animation is so cheap, because this script deserves better.
½ January 1, 2017
While the animation is pretty "lightweight". The films fun cast, great writing, and interesting setup make it worth a watch.
½ December 21, 2016
The characters and the crime scene investigation story are very clever, but the animation is some of the worst I've ever witnessed in terms of computer animation. A good fairytale spoof nonetheless.
½ November 28, 2016
This is hilarious and the cast is great but the animation is pretty bad.
November 1, 2016
The Skrek franchise is a simplistic, repetitive and predictable narrative aimed squarely at kid's parent's pockets. Unlike these and other standard Disney fare, Hoodwinked is something different entirely. Independently funded and created, the film has adult crime noir themes, economic undertones and hints of the progressive narrative on racism, ageism and sexism that would turn Zootopia into a billion dollar grosser with a more simplistic, albeit broader storyline. All this is blended seamlessly into a very entertaining tale that works as well for kids as it does adults. Admittedly, as per the creators own admissions, the film is low budget and the animation reflects this, having aged rapidly in the 11 years since its release. Nevertheless, Hoodwinked is a creative and charged film in the midst of a plethora of average, mass-produced releases and it stands out for having broken bold ground for an animated film well ahead of the rest of the movie industry.
September 16, 2016
Great storyline, cute songs, and wonderful execution of plot.
August 29, 2016
Hoodwinked! boasts a talented voice cast, is funny and attempts to serve as a worthy competitor to the Shrek franchise. However, the film is unfortunately weighed down by its crappy animation quality and uneven storytelling.
August 16, 2016
Decent premise. Horrific execution.
August 9, 2016
BEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN
½ July 13, 2016
I really saw it and it is an absolutely amazing treat for the entire family. And it really makes Shrek look a little more powerful and funny.
July 9, 2016
Sure, the animation is garbage, but the Story Is well written and the characters are enjoyable