Hoodwinked - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hoodwinked Reviews

February 26, 2017
4th best animated movie of all time hands down. (Frozen,zootopia, KF Panda).
½ January 29, 2017
Terrible animation, but great story
January 21, 2017
Hoodwinked is one of the more severely underrated animated movies, there actually are some good jokes, especially when Wolfie asked Twitchy "What kind of candles are those?", when Wolfie was taking a TAXI to chase Red around the forest and Twitchy being too hyper. My favorite character here was Twitchy!
January 19, 2017
There's a great premise, and some good writing, and it's very funny. Great cast too. Patrick Warburton as the wolf the highlight. It's a shame the animation is so cheap, because this script deserves better.
½ January 1, 2017
While the animation is pretty "lightweight". The films fun cast, great writing, and interesting setup make it worth a watch.
½ December 21, 2016
The characters and the crime scene investigation story are very clever, but the animation is some of the worst I've ever witnessed in terms of computer animation. A good fairytale spoof nonetheless.
½ November 28, 2016
This is hilarious and the cast is great but the animation is pretty bad.
November 1, 2016
The Skrek franchise is a simplistic, repetitive and predictable narrative aimed squarely at kid's parent's pockets. Unlike these and other standard Disney fare, Hoodwinked is something different entirely. Independently funded and created, the film has adult crime noir themes, economic undertones and hints of the progressive narrative on racism, ageism and sexism that would turn Zootopia into a billion dollar grosser with a more simplistic, albeit broader storyline. All this is blended seamlessly into a very entertaining tale that works as well for kids as it does adults. Admittedly, as per the creators own admissions, the film is low budget and the animation reflects this, having aged rapidly in the 11 years since its release. Nevertheless, Hoodwinked is a creative and charged film in the midst of a plethora of average, mass-produced releases and it stands out for having broken bold ground for an animated film well ahead of the rest of the movie industry.
October 29, 2016
This is one of the greatest animated films I've ever seen in my life(period). Not my all time favorite, but one of my favorites
I know the animation is bad, but everything else is great ??
September 16, 2016
Great storyline, cute songs, and wonderful execution of plot.
August 29, 2016
Hoodwinked! boasts a talented voice cast, is funny and attempts to serve as a worthy competitor to the Shrek franchise. However, the film is unfortunately weighed down by its crappy animation quality and uneven storytelling.
August 16, 2016
Decent premise. Horrific execution.
August 9, 2016
BEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN
½ July 13, 2016
I really saw it and it is an absolutely amazing treat for the entire family. And it really makes Shrek look a little more powerful and funny.
July 9, 2016
Sure, the animation is garbage, but the Story Is well written and the characters are enjoyable
June 4, 2016
High quality narration, low standard production! Yet wins fairly.

I'm shocked, this is not a Disney's or the Pixer's, not even DreamWorks' or the Sony's, but a very good film. I meant only the story, though the animation was outdated, even for a film from the 2005. I had trouble watching it in the initial parts, because of the poor technical quality. Once the flashback began, I totally hooked to it and forgot the production standard. The film was saved because of the very good story.

You know retelling the same old tale is so old fashioned, telling a tale in the different angles and adding more flavour to it is the new thing. Like for example the recent 'Maleficent'. So other than those all the awesome qualities, the film is more a television type. But very enjoyable by all.

It has been a decade since it came out and I never tried it because someone told me that it's very bad, but I regret for believing that and ditching it. So believe me it is a wonderful film, except it's not a top notch presentation. It is too short and well worth spending your 80 minutes for it. There's a sequel to it, so I want to try it as well and let you know how it is in another review under that title.

6/10
May 29, 2016
Patrick Warburton's deadpanned and sarcastic Wolf character is easily the best part of this film.
½ March 29, 2016
This movie was clever, hilarious, and heartfelt.
½ March 29, 2016
This movie surprised me! It was clever, hilarious, and heartfelt. I don't understand the low ratings at all.