For Your Consideration - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For Your Consideration Reviews

March 24, 2016
Christopher Guest's 2006 satirical misfire, For Your Consideration, has its moments under the Hollywood floodlights and offers some quirky laughs that the director is known for but like the stars (and system) this film is parodying, some things should be left on the cutting room floor.
January 10, 2016
Christopher Guest's answer to The Player, a viciously entertaining skewering of all that makes Hollywood so distracting, so self-absorbed, and so tragic for so many. The ensemble is beyond well-oiled, each member seemingly offering Guest full trust in building their performances, just as he offers them the usually creatively improvised collaboration. Probably hit too close to home for those involved in the industry.
½ December 27, 2015
Our favourite mockumentary cast, doing what they do best. Unfortunately, this isn't the finest work of Christopher Guest and company, but it does make a fairly enjoyable, almost funny, movie to watch.
October 31, 2015
So many funny people, so few funny moments. It's a puzzle.
October 25, 2015
The least brilliant of the Christopher Guest mockumentaries, but still solid. As usual, the regular cast of characters provides many laughs, but the plot loses momentum in places. Catherine O'Hara provides maybe her most moving portrayal of a desperate lifetime actress.
July 11, 2015
Not the best of Guest's movies, but enjoyable nevertheless. The strength of the cast is what really carries this picture, and obviously the subject matter.
½ November 23, 2014
The usual mockumentary cast lampoons Hollywood award season and a movie about Purim. A few tee-hees here and there but I wish it would have stayed focused on the making of the movie.
October 28, 2014
Not that funny, extremely depressing but very well directed
August 29, 2014
A funny take on the craziness of award season with great performances from O'Hara, Shearer, Posey, Lynch, and Willard.
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ July 20, 2014
Its a shame Christopher Guest hasn't made any mockumentaries since this one, but seeing it one can sadly see why this is so. It is not entirely without merit, though it is close. It is by far the worst of the bunch, and the decline since Best in Show is clear. A Mighty Wind was too bland, this one is too dark and is, uniquely among Guest's mockumentaries, utterly unbelievable. I don't for a second believe anyone would make the Home for Purim movie, or that it would have anything to do with awards of any kind. This contributes to the feeling that the whole movie, not just the mad scrambling for nominations, is a cruel joke. This is fully proven at the end by the mutilation by plastic surgery of the main star, which is a little funny in a surreal way, but is mostly just tragic. For Your Consideration isn't a comedy, its an angry mess of a hollywood condemnation which doesn't even work as that kind of film because of its own absurdity.
½ April 20, 2014
Christopher Guest is easily one of my favorite writer/director, and even though this is not close to his best offering, the performances still shine through.
½ February 24, 2014
I found this film funny.
½ January 9, 2014
There is some effective satire; I just wished it had been developed more.
November 29, 2013
I loved this movie! I remember Catherine O'Hara and John Levy from SCTV, and real comedy is what they do. Their characters are very realistic! The ending was not really what I expected, but this is a must see movie!
November 19, 2013
11/16/13 I understand Guest's style now and I'm beginning to like it more and more. His characters are always idiots, but it is pretty funny. This isn't the funniest movie ever, but it kept me chuckling the whole way through.
½ September 8, 2013
Funny stuff, but not as impactful as Guest's other mocku-mentaries.
½ September 3, 2013
Remember that this is satire and relies on improv to get through this one. Some jokes are great and make the movie, especially from Jennifer Coolidge, as always. When it does slow down and drones, it really suffers, though.
August 24, 2013
A mildly funny, moderately insightful satire on Hollywood values, 'For Your Consideration' turns out to be a mostly messy and patchy production, though it gains momentum by the end. A decent experience on the whole, though there are better comparable films.
August 7, 2013