Wanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wanted Reviews

October 9, 2016
Printed mercenaries.
½ September 25, 2016
9/25/2016: One of my favorite sci fi action flick. A good cast and a really good plot,
September 14, 2016
At one point I feel like I'm watching the Matrix, at another I'm watching Star Wars; but I really had fun.
September 12, 2016
Very fun action flick.
While watching this, you have to suspend belief in reality a little bit, if you can get over that, then it's very entertaining. James McAvoy plays his character, Wesley nearly flawlessly as he goes on an arc from scared and useless cubicle dwelling account manager to world class assassin. Angelina Jolie doesn't have very many speaking lines at all it doesn't seem but her quiet and brooding demeanor in her character Fox, shines through perfectly. Entertaining and violent. Recommend checking this one out.
August 15, 2016
You know if McAvoy didn't have fun with this, I'd be surprised.
August 10, 2016
A peculiarly nihilistic actioner, "Wanted" is full of shootouts and inventiveness, while also examining the nature of human fate.
½ July 25, 2016
This is obviously not a film to be taken very seriously. As a funny, action thriller. It works. It's meant to be over the top, and crazy. Great special effects.
July 23, 2016
if you enjoy a cohesive storyline, realistic action and highbrow content go elsewhere! if you want a great ride of action and vengeance while suspending disbelief then I highly recommend this movie and the Danny Elfman credits song will stay with you long after you've watched the movie! Brutal assassin training and over the top action has its place on 5 star ratings and this is one to watch!
July 17, 2016
Wanted (2008) C-110m. ??? D: Timur Bekmambetov. Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman. A rare bird this movie is: an incredibly kinetic, supercharged action yarn that also happens to be whip-smart. An angry office worker learns his father was a member of a renegade assassination team and joins them himself, but he has yet to find out there are serious dangers at risk. If Bekmambetov's audacious visual flair won't convince you, then Jolie's lovely face surely will. Just kidding. But you've heard it all before: requires a suspension of disbelief, but is certainly entertaining. Based on comic book series from Mark Millar and J.G. Jones.
July 8, 2016
Actually feels like the in-official cinematic adaption of the video game "Assassins Creed". With a great cast, excellent acting, fast paced over-the-top action and stunning visuals this captivating thriller is truly entertaining and will hold you hostage in your seat.
July 5, 2016
Way too formulaic for me. Can see where the money was spent, but never had any tension and the 'circle shot' was just plain silly, taking me out of the action even more than previous improbables i had to suffer.
July 3, 2016
I loved this movie I thought the story was good and the special effects were really cool.
July 2, 2016
Wow. What an absolute pile of rubbish. I feel annoyed and angry after watching this, based on the relatively positive reviews it received. A perfect example of where securing big names can get you off the hook, and still get decent ratings!! Awful in every respect..
June 27, 2016
If you ever wanted to hear Morgan Freeman say "Kill this motherfucker!" then this is the film for you!  I had no idea I was one of those people! Wanted = awesome.
May 15, 2016
The coolest movie I've seen in a long time! I was thoroughly entertained the whole time by this badass romp. James McAvoy was great & very fitting. Angelina seemed lifeless at points, but she always picks great movies and by no means brought this down. And once again, Morgan Freeman? Monotone & dull. Sorry.
April 29, 2016
This movie is overrated and preposterous. The only thing saving this movie are the visuals. It's core demographic must be adolescent males. If you like absurd violence with no point and Angelina Jolie's butt then see this movie. If you want depth of character, a cohesive plot, and physics that make sense, look elsewhere.
½ April 23, 2016
Cors OTT action rules
April 22, 2016
This has a lot of fast-paced, highly-stylized action, a good story, and a great cast.
April 11, 2016
The only thing I still remember about this are the "bullet arcs"
April 8, 2016
A slapdash of violence, action, and mind-numbing thrills, Wanted combines the better parts of Mark Millar's grim graphic novel with director Timur Bekmambetov's gritty sensibilities. James McAvoy's endearing underdog of Wesley Gibson packs nearly as much charm as Angelina Jolie's Fox alongside a string of action set-pieces to remember. While Wanted may struggle to reconcile its nihilistic violence with its chaotic characterization, it's over-the-top antics make the ride fun enough not to care about the destination.