Wanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wanted Reviews

½ May 23, 2018
Yes, Wanted is an extravagant comic book movie with cliched characters and an absurd mythos, but the film's slick style and hilarious beats provide a great deal of vicarious fun.
May 17, 2018
This movie is a great action packed edge of your seat movie. Good actors great story line. Great music.... Check it out
March 19, 2018
'Wanted' is a visually appealing film with violent action sequences and an engaging cast that offers an adrenaline rush of fast-paced paced thrills in this over-the-top assassin movie.
½ March 9, 2018
Pretty good popcorn film. The action and effects are stylish, but the plot just isn't that strong.
February 23, 2018
Fast paced film. Great cast, very entertaining
February 13, 2018
An incredibly enjoyable movie. If not for anything else, than because of Angelina Jolie.
½ February 12, 2018
A fine action movie, I don't know why every fucking thing had to be in slow motion though.
December 22, 2017
Had a cool Fight Club feel to it. Kind of gory for my taste, and I didn't like the ending. Still, good action sequences, and much better than I expected after seeing the commercials and previews.
December 22, 2017
Wanted is the type of movie that's not meant to have logic applied to it. I'm talking logic among the lines of the Fast & Furious franchise. From what I heard, Wanted is not a direct adaptation of the comic book miniseries it was based on. And I think that was what pissed off those people who DID read the comics. However, Mark Millar liked it since it still had the darker elements of the comic, so it must mean that it's not THAT bad, right? Yeah, probably. James McAvoy's American accent is rather crap. I mean, couldn't they have him use his native Scottish accent? Millar is Scottish as well, so I'm sure he'd have approved. I did feel that the editing and scene transitions were a little off early on in the movie and the Loom of Fate is something that I understood why it infuriated some people over its implausibility. But then again, it is categorized as a fantasy movie on IMDb. However, I had a good time watching it. From some awesome, stylish action sequences and effects reminiscent of the bullet-time action sequences in The Matrix. McAvoy, Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman all seem invested in their roles. And yes, there is some sweet, sweet jolly Jolie fanservice. And a plot twist that happens later on is a decent twist that gives everyone "Usual Suspects" syndrome of "We've been played!". And it knows not to take it itself too seriously, mainly when young Professor X SMACKS Star-Lord in the face with a keyboard and its ending, that suggested a sequel. Sadly, it got stuck in development hell, though there is a video game that's set after the events of the movie. Gleefully over-the-top and immensely stylish, Wanted offers the pleasures of Morgan Freeman dropping an f-bomb preceded by "mother" and that keyboard scene I mentioned earlier.
½ December 16, 2017
Some insane crazy action scenes but gets kinda lame after a while!
½ December 4, 2017
First off. I'm not a big Jolie fan. Don't care about action packed gun movies. But, I found this surprisingly different. James McAvoy character is hi-jacked very early in the movie by Jolie and taken to a huge castle to learn that he is too join the "Fraternity" and be trained to be an assassin by the command of Morgan Freeman . You see the movie tru James's character. He goes thru grueling training almost tough to watch and is wondering why hes picked for this as you wonder too. The Fraternity picks out important figures to take out lead by Morgan . As James is in training under Jolie he is told by Morgan that hie estranged father was part of the Fraternity and pieces come together why he is picked. The plots makes nice surprisingly turns and the action is really good!! Morgans character is typical mega leader ego .I think they payed the money for Morgan , so he'd add some dignity to the character which works fine. Not a lot of scenes with Morgan , but always nice to see Morgan Freeman. Decent characters who help James learn his craft. Real fast 2 hours. No dead spots and a nice ending.
½ December 1, 2017
It has it all... sexy action, character growth, laughs, and thrills... I can watch this one again and again.
October 29, 2017
energetic popcorn - check, witty - check, absurd - check, over the top -check. I'd add that the laws of physics are broken and rebroken all over the film. Little of what we see is actually possible. The film can't give ideas on how to kill! Good idea.
September 3, 2017
Highly entertaining.
August 8, 2017
Not as good as I was hoping for. James Macavoy maybe was not the best option even though normally I think he's great.
July 28, 2017
Better than meh, but only just.
July 24, 2017
Fun, action-thriller--very entertaining.
June 24, 2017
Great movie. It was loaded with many twists that kept me very entertained. The last action scene was amazing.
June 17, 2017
absolutely fantastic !!!
April 22, 2017
Just cool and entertaining end of story.