Wanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wanted Reviews

½ March 8, 2017
If you're looking for some dumb fun with ridiculous action, this is probably a good flick to spend your evening watching, but don't expect anything more than just that.
February 23, 2017
Wanted is loud, fast paced, vulgar and well written. And it's exactly how an action film described like this should be.
½ February 12, 2017
showing off my home cinema, i saw the first 20 mins, damn good so far, again, i just need to get round to playing it again
½ January 30, 2017
cool film great ost and angelina being a badass
January 27, 2017
Well directed, amazing acting from McAvoy, and a good adaptation.
½ January 19, 2017
Gave this a second watch while on vacation, and I have to say that it's a lot of fun, even knowing where it's all going, and the Blu-ray looks amazing, which is always a selling point with a good action flick.

The film is made up of a fairly ho-hum plot that is completely sold by the eye-popping action and stylized violence, as well as the use of music from several bands that I really dig. Obviously, your mileage may vary as far as what you can overlook with this type of thing, but I really dug it and will re-watch it from time to time.

Well worth a look for the great visuals and use of music.
December 26, 2016
With an exhilarating plot that cleverly modernizes the Greek Fates myth, this is a top-notch action-packed movie that defies the laws of Physics with a stylish direction, great performances, a lot of class and endless energy to offer us something truly unique.
December 5, 2016
I think of it as a mediocre black comedy.
November 27, 2016
Watched it for years and still felt the same badass vibe and joyful feeling. Nailed it!
November 23, 2016
great action movie with a good story and good acting. awesome musical score. action- and suspense-packed. so many interesting ideas and cool scenes. lots of memorable moments. (3 viewings)
November 4, 2016
Er, what's it about?
November 1, 2016
Why have I not seen this movie earlier
October 9, 2016
Printed mercenaries.
½ September 25, 2016
9/25/2016: One of my favorite sci fi action flick. A good cast and a really good plot,
September 14, 2016
At one point I feel like I'm watching the Matrix, at another I'm watching Star Wars; but I really had fun.
September 12, 2016
Very fun action flick.
While watching this, you have to suspend belief in reality a little bit, if you can get over that, then it's very entertaining. James McAvoy plays his character, Wesley nearly flawlessly as he goes on an arc from scared and useless cubicle dwelling account manager to world class assassin. Angelina Jolie doesn't have very many speaking lines at all it doesn't seem but her quiet and brooding demeanor in her character Fox, shines through perfectly. Entertaining and violent. Recommend checking this one out.
August 15, 2016
You know if McAvoy didn't have fun with this, I'd be surprised.
August 10, 2016
A peculiarly nihilistic actioner, "Wanted" is full of shootouts and inventiveness, while also examining the nature of human fate.
½ July 25, 2016
This is obviously not a film to be taken very seriously. As a funny, action thriller. It works. It's meant to be over the top, and crazy. Great special effects.
July 23, 2016
if you enjoy a cohesive storyline, realistic action and highbrow content go elsewhere! if you want a great ride of action and vengeance while suspending disbelief then I highly recommend this movie and the Danny Elfman credits song will stay with you long after you've watched the movie! Brutal assassin training and over the top action has its place on 5 star ratings and this is one to watch!