Fred Claus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fred Claus Reviews

½ January 27, 2017
Not a Christmas movie I would want to watch again. Stupid and kind of moody. It made me sleepy. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
January 21, 2017
This is probably one of my favorite Christmas movies. I really enjoy the story to this and even the relationship between Fred and his younger buddy slam. I though Vaughn was perfectly castes and Fred and Giamattie also did a fantastic job. The humor in this movie was great! Unlike every other Christmas movie this had some comedy, family struggles, but ended with a satisfied feeling!
December 24, 2016
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Ever. Fred Claus is a spiteful, pathetic, jealous, unlikable, selfish, cruel, sociopathic, poorly written, poorly acted...CUNT. And he's supposed to be the main character? The man we're supposed to root for? Paul Giamatti as Santa was good, and Kevin Spacey gave a great performance, as usual. But the character was as uselsess as Reggie from Lady in the Water.

Oh, and here's the thing that really makes my blood boil. There's a scene in the orphanage, where a kid named Slam is mocking the other kids for wrting to Santa, asking him to give them families. He laughs at them, calls them stupid for, in my opinon, having something he doesn't. And that something is called 'hope'. When Fred sees this, he doesn't put him on the naughty list like he deserves. No! He puts the little fucker on the nice list. Let me ask you an honest question, Internet. If you saw a little boy murdering a rat or punching his classmate in the face, wouylod you defend him?

The only reason Fred protects the kid is because the kid's a miserable, bitter little shit who feels so bad about himself he takes it out on other people. Just like Fred! Good God, some of the things that Fred says to his own brother, his own BROTHER is so disgusting that I wanted to break his legs! This is a disgusting person, and the shit he says would scar someone for life!

Suffice it to say, this is the worst Christmas movie ever made, and one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life.
December 14, 2016
November 29th-30th 2014
December 2nd 2015
December 10th 2016...
December 14, 2016
One of the funniest and enjoyable Christmas films of the decade
December 8, 2016
When I think of you, I touch my elf!
October 25, 2016
Before you decide to talk shit about this movie ill have you know it literally saved my life. Last year when i was 13 i had self diagnosed depression and was going through a tough time, but Fred claus was the only thing that helped me. Fred brought me back. Brought me back to my family and saved me from depression. I now sleep with my DVD of Fred claus and i know i will be safe and happy for the rest of my life.
July 28, 2016
Paul Giamatti does play one neat kind of Santa and Vince Vaugn isn't bad but I wish he didn't play Vince Vaughn in every film he's played. There's a few laughs, but overall this isn't that good a movie.
½ May 31, 2016
It is a well made (Hollywood glamour) Christmas movie about Santa Claus' older brother Fred and his relationship with his, especially, mother. And it was not good. Both the movie and the relations.

Only good for having kids to dip in Christmas spirit i guess, but not entertaining enough to do so.

And Vince Vaughn is terribly handsome, tall, and everything. but he is terribly BORING as well. Always talk in the same way in all the movies I know of, fast, monotonous and non-stop.

If you zero your head and expectations this might be fun, despite Vince. Otherwise waste of (movie) time.
½ March 26, 2016
Couldn't finish it, if you could send a zero I would IT
SUCKED
½ February 29, 2016
Fun but tries to be more emotional than a comedy. Still a good family film. The tone is pretty conflicted but I enjoyed it and respect it for trying to be different.
January 9, 2016
Vince's hilarious rapid fire dialogue makes it all worth it. Also the two scenes they don't show in the trailer are spectacular.
½ January 5, 2016
I've heard about Fred Claus for many years, and I didn't really feel like watching it. When I seen all the films that Dan Fogelman has written and really like, except for Cars 2, but that's a different review and he was only one of the storywriters of it. So consider that Fred Claus is the most negative received film from his filmography, I probably thought that like James Wan films, even his worst films are decent. Sadly like Insidious: Chapter 2, they are right on this one. The movie is about Fred Claus who's the brother of Santa Claus who comes to visit him for money problem wise, which then there's a expert coming in the North Pole to see if things are going as plan, if not, then he can shut the workshop down. The plot is not original at all and you heard it multiple times in children films. The cast are really good, and Vince Vaughn does get a laugh out of me at times, but there are also times where he's not funny, or goes on long conversations that didn't even get a chuckle out of me. There's a character that turns out to be the villain which, is really not needed and really could've been better if that character go down through the Lilo & Stitch route while giving somewhat of a reason why he's doing this. Another thing that was really not needed was the chemistry between Willie and Charlene So while I didn't care about the characters as they are a bit mean-spirited, the only character that I actually care about, is Santa Claus. Not because it's Santa, but it's because the movie portrayed him as an overworked one that has to deal with Christmas, the expert, and his own brother, so it really made me feel sorry for him and I think that Paul Giamatti's character the most developed in the film. Things don't make any sense and I had so many questions that weren't answered at all. It was mostly depressing to watch and wasn't really fun to watch, until the final act of the film where it gets very funny, more well written, and has one of the most heartwarming scenes in a Christmas movie, which is weird consider that the movie gets too serious, gets too immature, or gets too sentimental, this has the right balance of having a bit of of each without going overboard on the other. Fred Claus was close to be a guilty pleasure for me, but the film was too stupid enough for me to think that it's bad, but I'll still watch it whenever it's on cable or when I rent it for Christmas.
December 31, 2015
At first glance this may seem like just another comedy but take a look at that cast ... I recognize what it is (a Vince Vaughn movie) but I have high hopes
December 26, 2015
If I am being honest, this film isn't a complete waste of time, it's just that the film is very stale and predictable. It starts off interesting until about thirty minutes into the film when you know where the story is going to end up. It's quite a shame because there is some good casting in this film and some genuine laugh out loud moments. Enjoyable, likeable and amusing, but ultimately forgettable.
December 15, 2015
Umm wouldn't watch it again was disappointed lol the Start was good then it got boring lol
November 29, 2015
i actually thought this movie was pretty good.
½ November 28, 2015
I remember giving this film only 2 stars and even finding it rubbish (even the CGI LOL). A few days ago I got the chance to rewatch this movie and I cried like an idiot. Yes, my christmas is not as it used to be (all happy and wonderful...many deaths on the family change your christmas spirit...). Still this movie is moving, it has amazing scenes to love and adore and even the moral of the story (message/values) are intact and well done. The only flaw may be the CGI but if you IGNORE it you will love it. Many people like to see the evil on things (bad stuffs) instead of giving value to the things in front of them that are REALLY GOOD. Humans are not perfect (even when creating movies). GET OVER IT! I recommend this movie, I'm glad I give it a 2nd chance and hope more people get to give it a chance too. Enjoy. - November 2015 review.
August 9, 2015
A raunchy and absurd Christmas Comedy ever.
July 27, 2015
Holiday movies don't need to make you cry with laughter, they just need to make you smile with joy and Fred Claus succeeds at both.