Ghost Town - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost Town Reviews

November 16, 2016
Television icon Ricky Gervais makes an exceptional transition to the big screen in this smart and incredibly funny supernatural comedy.
½ October 22, 2016
Is this a remake or just a really stale premise? While we're here, near-death isn't death. It's as bad as the "we only use 10% of our brains" garbage.
October 17, 2016
Ghosts aside, "Ghost Town" is a conventional, mainstream rom-com. But, it's pleasant, poignant, and very funny diversion.
October 15, 2016
Beautiful movie, with beautiful character transformation, and a beautiful closing line.
October 7, 2016
Am a big ricky Gervais fan anyway,but this didnt sway my opinion.
This movie is a little gem,perfect for ricky gervais.
½ September 28, 2016
A surprisingly enjoyable film. Some laughs and a nice story (albeit a little cheesy). But burgers are a little cheesy and they are pretty good too.
September 22, 2016
I really enjoyed it ; not sure why. I felt Gervais was giving a "David Brent crossed with Victor Meldrew, Basil Fawlty and Reginald Perrin" performance which was just far enough away from The Office for me to tolerate it. I liked him better before he "saw the light", naturally ; and I'd have left him dead the second time. But ... 8/10.
½ August 21, 2016
I can't help but like Pincus more in the beginning of the movie than after his reformation and I was wishing for more of Kristen Wiig throughout but this was a perfectly enjoyable romantic comedy and it's still my favorite Gervais film. Kinnear is delightful as always and the story moves quickly enough while managing to develop brilliantly. Great soundtrack as well.
July 18, 2016
Somehow this movie actually brought a tear to my eye. Just one eye, though. I'm not a softie.
May 15, 2016
There were about three laugh-out-loud funny moments placed throughout the 1 hr 42 minute running time of "Ghost Town." These moments were refreshing, enjoyable and interesting... yet besides these rare gem scenes, a lot was to be desired. Ricky Gervais, Tea Leoni and surprises Billy Campbell & Kristen Wiig were perfectly cast, very likable and fun to watch when they shined, but a lot of the times they couldn't elevate the weaker moments of the script.
April 22, 2016
A dentist goes in for a colonoscopy and dies for 7 minutes. Now he can see dead people. One of the dead talks him into helping stop his wife from marrying a gold digger.

Interesting and rather touching at the end.
April 5, 2016
Ricky Gervais makes the most of the flat dialogue with some solid 'serious' acting that still comes across as comedic- but for the betterment of all. Some touching moments at the end. It felt a bit like a recycled movie, but entertaining enough.
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
Better than I thought but fell abit flat at the end, Not enough comedy for me to enjoy.
½ March 3, 2016
Simple and unoriginal but very sweet romantic comedy that puts more focus on its characters rather than cliches and gooey romance. Falls short of what it could have been but leaps and bounds above what I was expecting.
½ March 3, 2016
It makes you laugh, and is so
much less negative than his usual
stuff, but it's just a shame a lot of
that negativity is replaced with the
work of a committee. It pinballs
from intelligent and funny to bland
and formulaic.
February 25, 2016
Maybe? what is it rated?
½ February 20, 2016
Bertram Pincus (Ricky Gervaise) is dentist who dislikes people and does what he can to avoid talking to anyone he can. After a botched operation though he dies for a few minutes which causes him to start seeing ghosts around New York. These ghosts are not able to go on because they have unfinished business so they try and enlist Pincus to help them. One in particular is Greg Kinnear who believes he needs to ruin a relationship with his former wife Tea Leoni. Ghost Town has a decent premise and has some comedic moments, but really falls short of being a great movie. The movie falls short in comedic and dramatic levels, and really is only worth watching for Gervaise fans.
February 12, 2016
I liked this film better second time I watched it ... really good one.
February 6, 2016
A well done, light hearted, funny movie that really doesn't get the attention it deserves...
January 27, 2016
seem to be in the very small minority of people that can't stand Ricky Gervais and find him completely unfunny. I don't like his comedy style and the few things he's written that I have found funny, have ultimately been spoilt by the way he has delivered them. It's no surprise then that I didn't really enjoy this film, however, it is surprising that I also didn't hate it.