Ghost Town - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost Town Reviews

November 8, 2017
I don't like anything else that Tea Leoni and Ricky Gervais are in, but for some reason, this movie is perfect for them and for me.
September 3, 2017
A pleasing and pleasant film, that is witty and funny. It also has a fantastic song towards the end of the film ( sideways), that raises the film even higher.
August 27, 2017
Hilarious and heartwarming
July 29, 2017
i was entirely surprised by how much i loved this film. its sad and funny and wonderful. the sound track is 100% perfect as well.
January 29, 2017
Am a big ricky Gervais fan anyway,but this didnt sway my opinion.
This movie is a little gem,perfect for ricky gervais.
½ January 25, 2017
Ricky Gervais without what what you expect from Ricky Gervais.
½ December 9, 2016
Good comedy. I enjoyed this film and Ricky Gervais was excellent in it
November 16, 2016
Television icon Ricky Gervais makes an exceptional transition to the big screen in this smart and incredibly funny supernatural comedy.
½ October 22, 2016
Is this a remake or just a really stale premise? While we're here, near-death isn't death. It's as bad as the "we only use 10% of our brains" garbage.
October 17, 2016
Ghosts aside, "Ghost Town" is a conventional, mainstream rom-com. But, it's pleasant, poignant, and very funny diversion.
October 15, 2016
Beautiful movie, with beautiful character transformation, and a beautiful closing line.
½ September 28, 2016
A surprisingly enjoyable film. Some laughs and a nice story (albeit a little cheesy). But burgers are a little cheesy and they are pretty good too.
September 22, 2016
I really enjoyed it ; not sure why. I felt Gervais was giving a "David Brent crossed with Victor Meldrew, Basil Fawlty and Reginald Perrin" performance which was just far enough away from The Office for me to tolerate it. I liked him better before he "saw the light", naturally ; and I'd have left him dead the second time. But ... 8/10.
July 18, 2016
Somehow this movie actually brought a tear to my eye. Just one eye, though. I'm not a softie.
May 15, 2016
There were about three laugh-out-loud funny moments placed throughout the 1 hr 42 minute running time of "Ghost Town." These moments were refreshing, enjoyable and interesting... yet besides these rare gem scenes, a lot was to be desired. Ricky Gervais, Tea Leoni and surprises Billy Campbell & Kristen Wiig were perfectly cast, very likable and fun to watch when they shined, but a lot of the times they couldn't elevate the weaker moments of the script.
April 22, 2016
A dentist goes in for a colonoscopy and dies for 7 minutes. Now he can see dead people. One of the dead talks him into helping stop his wife from marrying a gold digger.

Interesting and rather touching at the end.
April 5, 2016
Ricky Gervais makes the most of the flat dialogue with some solid 'serious' acting that still comes across as comedic- but for the betterment of all. Some touching moments at the end. It felt a bit like a recycled movie, but entertaining enough.
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
Better than I thought but fell abit flat at the end, Not enough comedy for me to enjoy.
½ March 3, 2016
Simple and unoriginal but very sweet romantic comedy that puts more focus on its characters rather than cliches and gooey romance. Falls short of what it could have been but leaps and bounds above what I was expecting.
½ March 3, 2016
It makes you laugh, and is so
much less negative than his usual
stuff, but it's just a shame a lot of
that negativity is replaced with the
work of a committee. It pinballs
from intelligent and funny to bland
and formulaic.