Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

November 19, 2017
De una vez te digo que necesitas ver esta película ya.
El fantástico sr. Zorro más que su increíble animación y visuales, más que los magníficos diálogos entre los personajes, y más que la misma historia de un reencuentro entre un padre y su hijo y como diferentes situaciones hacen su situación más difícil y más que su comedia un tanto y pícara e increíble para las personas de una edad más avanzada que va dirigida la película. Está película quiere transmitir algo más, una historia oculta que Wes Anderson quiso transmitirnos, nos quiso narrar como todos tenemos algo que nos hace animales pero debemos ocultarlo ya que vivimos bajo normas de la comida es la que habíamos y la forma como nos muestran esto es como el sr. Zorro volví a robar gallinas solo por sentirse libre de nuevo.
Y todo da a entender con la última escena en el supermercado que acepta vivir como lo rigen más normas al comer de los productos falsos del supermercado pero resaltando que almenos se veían bien como la manzana con las estrellas.
November 12, 2017
10/10 for the pure athstetic
½ October 19, 2017
Occasionally felt aimless. Quirky fun, though, with some nice jokes to come away with.
September 30, 2017
Wes Anderson's repertoire frames in images as precisely composed as those in his live-action work never cease to amaze blend in with stop-motion adventure is a delightfully funny for all ages.
½ September 22, 2017
Es una película delirante y divertida con una animacion genial
½ September 20, 2017
A great film. It was funny, inspiring and great for the entire family. Worth watching.
½ August 27, 2017
Though I occasionally had issues with how the characters seem to at times, especially the titular character, not have any facial expressions and can only express their feelings with their eyes and for our hero a forced smile occasionally, Fantastic Mr. Fox still shows that even directors more experienced in live-action can direct a surprisingly good animated movie. With most of the books I read at home back when I was in seventh grade as you Americans call it being written by the late Roald Dahl otherwise known by Screen Junkies as "Creepy Dr. Seuss", I wanted to see the film adaptation of the book. Back then, all I saw was a decent comedy that ended far too quickly and managed to extend its source material to great new heights without succumbing to what I like to call "The Dr. Seuss Movie Curse". Now that I've grown up a bit I notice it has a more adult-oriented apporach with still enough charm to appeal to children. This movie and Coraline were actually refreshing movies to watch in 2009 since we got to take a break from CGI for a while. There were actually some really great shots thanks to the fewer limitations of animation. It sometimes even feels like a 2D side-scrolling video game. The movie's funny with slapstick jokes such as Mr. Fox and his opossum friend to dialogue-based jokes an example of which is Bill Murray's description of the three bad guy farmers and Advertised Extra Owen Wilson describing a fictional sport with complicated rules. And George Clooney nails it as Mr. Fox. He really does, I'm not saying that just to be polite or anything. Since this is my first Wes Anderson movie, I can't praise his sense of humour as heavily as in his other movies. So, if I were to write a definition for this movie in Urban Dictionary, what would I say? Fantastic Mr. Fox: A stop-motion movie released in 2009 that no one saw because...it's not CGI, I guess? Which is a shame because the movie's hilarious with a clever plot, witty humour and great voice-acting with George Clooney doing a great job at delivering a "click-click" noise that serves as the Fox's trademark. If you haven't watched it, go see it now. And I have severe doubts that reading the book will make you say "THIS MOVIE FREAKIN' SUCKS!!!" after watching the movie for a second time. Satisfaction guaranteed.
August 23, 2017
Amazing! Absolutely incredible script, execution and characters. Each with their own highly developed traits. The film even digs deep into psychological themes such as primal tendencies, and even bullying and meditation! And the cartoony feel itself looks incredible as well! A+++ Movie for sure!
August 18, 2017
Wes Anderson's great direction mixed with surprisingly good animation with fantastic voice acting by the entire cast but mostly Clooney, Streep, and Schwartzman leads to, in my opinion, the BEST Roald Dahl based movie out there!
½ August 7, 2017
Fantastic Mr.Anderson
August 6, 2017
Its been a while since I read the book, so I hardly remember it, so I'm just gonna look at this movie in its own right. The animation is stunning, the voice acting is great, and the script is full of quirky and snappy humor. There is only one thing that felt off about this movie. Even while the animals are taking refuge underground from the evil farmers, you don't really feel the sense of any real danger to the animals at all. I can't really explain why that is though it just felt off. Still a great movie despite that
August 4, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox

Pros:
- Great Voice Acting

- Very Good Directing

- Fantastic Script

- Amazing Animation

- Very Unique Humor

- Good Music

- Witty Plot With Very Quirky Moments

- A More Different Tone That's Not Seen In That Many Animated Films

- Distinct Characters

Cons:
- Pacing Can Be Too Quick At Times

- Feels A Bit Rushed At Some Points

- Could've Been More Emotional In Some Scenes

Overall Grade: B+ (8/10)
July 30, 2017
One of the funniest and smartest animated films I have ever seen.
July 26, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox is directed and co-written by Wes Anderson, and it stars George Clooney, Meryl Streep, and Jason Schwartzman in a stop-motion animated film about a fox that move his family over to a big tree that's surrounded by 3 people that want to kill the fox for stealing their products. When I was at the city library, trying to copy something, I realize that I should rent some movies that I wouldn't be able to watch on TV unless it's actually now playing them. So I got myself some Sofia Coppola films and some Christian films as I heard they are terrible, and I wanted to torture myself for fun. Then I tried to think of another film to watch, and once I was thinking of my best friend, I knew that I wanted to rent this movie as this is one of her favorites, and I haven't seen this in a long time. So of course I watched this first, and I find this a lot of fun to watch. The voice acting is fantastic in this, which is kind of funny to see George Clooney and Bill Murray's characters go at each other by just growling at them. The animation is amazing that even the big things that it does in this film look so simple and easy, which I know that the animators worked very hard on it, and the effects show in this. The characters are very enjoyable to watch, especially Kylie who's played by Wallace Wolodarsky, which I didn't know he was an actor as he's a writer in some of the early Simpsons episodes, and wrote the third Wimpy Kid movie, and he plays the main character's accomplice which he sometimes just stand there dazing and not paying attention, which always makes me laugh for some reason. The script by Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach is very witty and hilarious that I was enjoying almost every second of this film, and it didn't felt quirky for the sake of being quirky and nothing else. Fantastic Mr. Fox is an excellent film that is probably one of my favorite stop-motion animated films.
July 20, 2017
Fantastic Mr Fox is a charming & admirable children's film; its script is both its biggest strength and weakness. The stop-motion animation in Fantastic Mr Fox is first class. It's visually entertaining and packed with universally appealing comedy. Fantastic Mr Fox's script really challenges kids and entertains adults. It's how all kids films should be, but does get carried away with itself at times. At times it's so fast that some gags go over everyone's heads, because they come at such a relentless pace. Fantastic Mr Fox is authentic, creative, & most importantly, tons of fun. It's a whirlwind of a kids film that challenges and entertains.
July 19, 2017
I tried to watch it. It gave me a really creepy vibe with the way it was shot and directed and even the music was weird. Passed on this one.
July 18, 2017
The acting is amazing, the animation is stunning, the story is incredible, this movie is definitely one of my favourite animated movies ever.
July 17, 2017
One of the greatest films of all time
July 10, 2017
One of my favorite Wes Anderson movies, and that's saying a lot because almost all of his movie are perfect, and when they are not perfect they are just really good movies, but not Fantastic Mr. Fox this movie is perfect!
½ July 10, 2017
I still have significant issues with Wes Anderson and the way he tells stories. There's this matter-of-fact way that people behave and talk that is off-putting to me. I can't count the number of times someone just tells you exactly what they are doing or are planning to do. And whenever something out of the ordinary occurs there is rarely a reaction, everyone behaves as if every moment is exactly what they expected. The one good thing about this style is that it prepared me so that I wasn't in the least bit surprised when the humans and animals just started communicating with each other as if they all spoke the same language.

There were some humorous moments in Fantastic Mr. Fox that did work for me. I laughed occasionally at the physical humor and some of the running gags. I should also give a lot of credit to the skill that I know it took to make the stop-motion animation work. I've never been the biggest fan of how stop motion looks, and this is probably my least favorite ever. The fur on the animals looked scratchy like everything is made out of straw. I'd rather look at old Rankin/Bass Christmas specials than this stuff. Still I recognize the art that goes into this style of film. It takes so much talent and patience, so I feel like a jerk for not loving it.

The story of Fantastic Mr. Fox worked better for me than Wes Anderson's typical movie. It seemed a little more clear cut and there were actual motivations for all the characters that made sense. I just wish I liked the characters more. I mean, Mr. Fox might be on my list of least sympathetic protagonists ever. I don't think there's a single thing he does in this movie that redeems him for me. They certainly try to make us forgive him, but it never worked for me. Then his son, Ash, is a jealous bully. That also makes me want to scream. So, a strong story with some effective humor, but with unlikable main characters and odd style. I'd say Fantastic Mr. Fox is definitely not a film for me.