Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

August 18, 2017
Wes Anderson's great direction mixed with surprisingly good animation with fantastic voice acting by the entire cast but mostly Clooney, Streep, and Schwartzman leads to, in my opinion, the BEST Roald Dahl based movie out there!
½ August 7, 2017
Fantastic Mr.Anderson
August 6, 2017
Its been a while since I read the book, so I hardly remember it, so I'm just gonna look at this movie in its own right. The animation is stunning, the voice acting is great, and the script is full of quirky and snappy humor. There is only one thing that felt off about this movie. Even while the animals are taking refuge underground from the evil farmers, you don't really feel the sense of any real danger to the animals at all. I can't really explain why that is though it just felt off. Still a great movie despite that
August 4, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox

Pros:
- Great Voice Acting

- Very Good Directing

- Fantastic Script

- Amazing Animation

- Very Unique Humor

- Good Music

- Witty Plot With Very Quirky Moments

- A More Different Tone That's Not Seen In That Many Animated Films

- Distinct Characters

Cons:
- Pacing Can Be Too Quick At Times

- Feels A Bit Rushed At Some Points

- Could've Been More Emotional In Some Scenes

Overall Grade: B+ (8/10)
July 30, 2017
One of the funniest and smartest animated films I have ever seen.
July 26, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox is directed and co-written by Wes Anderson, and it stars George Clooney, Meryl Streep, and Jason Schwartzman in a stop-motion animated film about a fox that move his family over to a big tree that's surrounded by 3 people that want to kill the fox for stealing their products. When I was at the city library, trying to copy something, I realize that I should rent some movies that I wouldn't be able to watch on TV unless it's actually now playing them. So I got myself some Sofia Coppola films and some Christian films as I heard they are terrible, and I wanted to torture myself for fun. Then I tried to think of another film to watch, and once I was thinking of my best friend, I knew that I wanted to rent this movie as this is one of her favorites, and I haven't seen this in a long time. So of course I watched this first, and I find this a lot of fun to watch. The voice acting is fantastic in this, which is kind of funny to see George Clooney and Bill Murray's characters go at each other by just growling at them. The animation is amazing that even the big things that it does in this film look so simple and easy, which I know that the animators worked very hard on it, and the effects show in this. The characters are very enjoyable to watch, especially Kylie who's played by Wallace Wolodarsky, which I didn't know he was an actor as he's a writer in some of the early Simpsons episodes, and wrote the third Wimpy Kid movie, and he plays the main character's accomplice which he sometimes just stand there dazing and not paying attention, which always makes me laugh for some reason. The script by Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach is very witty and hilarious that I was enjoying almost every second of this film, and it didn't felt quirky for the sake of being quirky and nothing else. Fantastic Mr. Fox is an excellent film that is probably one of my favorite stop-motion animated films.
July 20, 2017
Fantastic Mr Fox is a charming & admirable children's film; its script is both its biggest strength and weakness. The stop-motion animation in Fantastic Mr Fox is first class. It's visually entertaining and packed with universally appealing comedy. Fantastic Mr Fox's script really challenges kids and entertains adults. It's how all kids films should be, but does get carried away with itself at times. At times it's so fast that some gags go over everyone's heads, because they come at such a relentless pace. Fantastic Mr Fox is authentic, creative, & most importantly, tons of fun. It's a whirlwind of a kids film that challenges and entertains.
July 19, 2017
I tried to watch it. It gave me a really creepy vibe with the way it was shot and directed and even the music was weird. Passed on this one.
July 18, 2017
The acting is amazing, the animation is stunning, the story is incredible, this movie is definitely one of my favourite animated movies ever.
July 17, 2017
One of the greatest films of all time
July 10, 2017
One of my favorite Wes Anderson movies, and that's saying a lot because almost all of his movie are perfect, and when they are not perfect they are just really good movies, but not Fantastic Mr. Fox this movie is perfect!
½ July 10, 2017
I still have significant issues with Wes Anderson and the way he tells stories. There's this matter-of-fact way that people behave and talk that is off-putting to me. I can't count the number of times someone just tells you exactly what they are doing or are planning to do. And whenever something out of the ordinary occurs there is rarely a reaction, everyone behaves as if every moment is exactly what they expected. The one good thing about this style is that it prepared me so that I wasn't in the least bit surprised when the humans and animals just started communicating with each other as if they all spoke the same language.

There were some humorous moments in Fantastic Mr. Fox that did work for me. I laughed occasionally at the physical humor and some of the running gags. I should also give a lot of credit to the skill that I know it took to make the stop-motion animation work. I've never been the biggest fan of how stop motion looks, and this is probably my least favorite ever. The fur on the animals looked scratchy like everything is made out of straw. I'd rather look at old Rankin/Bass Christmas specials than this stuff. Still I recognize the art that goes into this style of film. It takes so much talent and patience, so I feel like a jerk for not loving it.

The story of Fantastic Mr. Fox worked better for me than Wes Anderson's typical movie. It seemed a little more clear cut and there were actual motivations for all the characters that made sense. I just wish I liked the characters more. I mean, Mr. Fox might be on my list of least sympathetic protagonists ever. I don't think there's a single thing he does in this movie that redeems him for me. They certainly try to make us forgive him, but it never worked for me. Then his son, Ash, is a jealous bully. That also makes me want to scream. So, a strong story with some effective humor, but with unlikable main characters and odd style. I'd say Fantastic Mr. Fox is definitely not a film for me.
June 26, 2017
Absolutely, positively the worst movie I've ever seen. The animation is terrible, the story lacks in every way, and the dialogue is horrendous. How do you mess up this badly with such an all-star cast? Leave it to Fantastic Mr. Fox.
½ June 18, 2017
one of the funniest movies ive ever seen
½ June 12, 2017
Innovative and fun, Wes Andersons animated film is destined to become a classic. The voice acting was superb and the story was clever despite feeling typical for a film starring animals living in this environment. A wonderful film.
May 31, 2017
This movie is brilliant. And Hilarious. It stills makes me cry laughing even after many viewings. The best non-Pixar animated film to date. The animation - spot-on. The voice actors nail it. The humour is perfect. I can't say enough about Fantastic Mr. Fox.
½ May 26, 2017
This is an excellent movie! Sure, it isn't flawless, but the flaws don't get in the way of my enjoyment!
May 10, 2017
As clever as it is a charming, Anderson's animated outing is all you would hope and expect. One of the best soundtracks ever too, I was won over the moment Heroes and Villains started playing.
May 1, 2017
Fantastic, indeed. This one caught me completely by surprise. Big name actors voicing a unique plot with characters built exactly for the actors. I'm now hooked on Wes Anderson.
½ April 8, 2017
Antic, surreal and very, very funny, Gorgeous George's velvet tones bring the dignity.