Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

½ April 24, 2018
Wonderful stop motion animation, that is at times below average(but excels for the majority of the movie), and Anderson's style make this quite a fantastic(pun intended) watch. The deadpan humour and long shots work perfectly in this movie and to me, none of the jokes fall flat. If that wasn't enough, Fantastic Mr. Fox has the simple and always important message of family bonds and the importance of keeping one's word. The credit for this must go to director Wes Anderson, who since The Royal Tenenbaums has not made a bad movie, and this is another notch in his belt that will cement him as one of the best directors of the 21st century.
½ April 23, 2018
Seeing this film, this is kind of a love/hate thing. The love thing is, this movie is very unique. The models are fantastic, the voice casting is great, and watching this movie, like Rotten Tomatoes says, is a "Delightfully Funny Feast". The hate thing is, that this is a Wes Anderson movie, and not really a adaption of the beloved book. Now Wes Anderson is a wonderful director, probably one of the best and most original directors living today, its just that he probably wasn't the best choice for a film adaption of this beloved book. It seems like Anderson tries to make the movie different from the ones he has done in the past, but he really just couldn't.
The film is a bit chatty, and might lose the interest of some younger children, but anyone over that will probably love this movie
April 22, 2018
In my opinion, this is pure perfection. The puppets are nice and captivating and the movie has an extraordinary aesthetic. The symmetry makes everything looks harmonic on the screen, making the movie very pleasant to watch.
½ April 13, 2018
I wanted to like this way more than I did as I love Wes Anderson. The animation is beautiful but the dialogue is so smug and annoying it makes it hard to get into. The original story is charming enough without references to stuff that kids don't understand. Kids won't get anything out of the film at all, which is silly as it's based on a kids book.
April 11, 2018
The Mediocre Mr. Fox
½ April 9, 2018
Visually gorgeous and springing with vitality, it's a shame Fantastic Mr. Fox doesn't offer anything but Anderson tropes in the story department.
April 7, 2018
Weird, funny, interesting stop motion adventure of a fox that can't control the urge to steal chickens and brings the danger to his family and friends.
March 31, 2018
Favourite animated film, Wes Anderson is a genius.
March 30, 2018
The attention to detail and humor throughout the movie is absolutely stunning.
½ March 30, 2018
A loose adaptation of one of Mr. Dahl's most underrated books, Fantastic Mr Fox uses it's complete use of stop-motion animation and the quirky directing style of Wes Anderson to deliver one of the most unique animated films of the 2000's.

Although the humor can be hit or miss at times due to it's deadpan delivery and the narrative does sometimes feel overstuffed with subplots, the voice-acting consisting of George Clooney's wisecracking Mr. Fox, Michael Gambon's menacing Bean and Willem Dafoe's twisted Rat is mostly flawless and as mentioned before, Tristian Oliver's beatifully staged cinematography and Alexandre Desplat's Western-inspired score is what makes this film unique in it's presentation.

Wes Anderson's first animated film is an overall Fantastic one and one can't wait for next year's Isle of Dogs to see how his filmmaking style can be brought to new heights in the realm of animation.
michael e.
½ March 29, 2018
It was definetly a breath of fresh air in originality and it had fantastic visuals. Stop motion has always been one of my favorite art styles and the thing I don't like about it nowadays is that people prefer all slam bam in your face cg effects, and nothing organic, and it is getting very old, but when you see something like this it is just fantastic. And this is a dying art to filmmaking, think about it it has been 3 years since another Wallace and Gromit film, and 2 years since a Stop Motion film has had a theatrical release, and thats why I think this is a dying art. I love all the details that are put into the characters, like how the fur on the puppets constantly moves throughout the scenes, plus the voice acting is really, really funny and entertaining. I didn't know who George Clooney was until this movie and im happy it introduced me to him, plus this movie i think has the biggest all star cast ever for a stop motion film, Bill Murray, Adrian Brody, George Clooney, Owen Wilson, even the small part characters have big actors.
March 28, 2018
Great movie for all ages!
March 27, 2018
Weird to say the least and for people that are not serious about stop-motion, they won't find much excitement in this film.
March 27, 2018
Eye candy. Great film that tugs at the heart strings.
½ March 26, 2018
This movie provides a lot of originality, and despite the smoking and alcohol, this movie is a good treat for the whole family.
March 25, 2018
Charming as hell populated with very likable characters.
March 24, 2018
engaging story with visualy stunning animation
March 22, 2018
Fantastic stop motion and a quick and smart plot adds to this flick
March 18, 2018
An outstanding film for all ages!
½ March 16, 2018
Fantastic mr. Fox is as funny, cunning and inventive as its foxes.