Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

January 16, 2017
Every time I watch this movie, I always think about how Wes Anderson is an artistic genius. Anderson's eye for beauty is just unlike any other and I truly admire him for it. I was hypnotized by the perfectly symmetrical shots, the simple, cute plot, and the charming soundtrack. I have an adoration toward stop motion because I know how the process of making one is very long and arduous, so this movie did not disappoint. Wes Anderson is one of my favorite directors, which is why I was not surprised with the fact that I absolutely adored this movie.
½ January 12, 2017
Ligera, dinámica, sensible sin dramas inútiles, con una estética muy simpática. 7/10
December 20, 2016
I LOVE this funny, sweet, clever & amazingly artistic film. It has something for everyone: kids should love the characters & story-line, while the quick-witted, very funny & clever dialogue will pull adults in very quickly & easily. I took two sets of adult friends two diferent times, to see this while it was still in the theaters...I wanted to see the amazingly creative artwork & technology used to make these (mostly) animal critters-characters come to life. I highly HIGHLY recommend it. And it's one of the few Wes Anderson's films I enjoy. He's quite talented but his humor normally doesn't do much for me; but here?...it works great. Well done to Mr. Anderson and all of the artists who worked on this masterpiece. Enjoy all the small remarkable details that are embedded...you'll want to watch it at least twice, to see what you missed the first time around.
December 14, 2016
This movie makes your kids more intelligent in humor, and will stop them from laughing hysterically at fart jokes.
December 12, 2016
Um filme de Wes Anderson por excelência, não há como negar. Seus tipos excêntricos e o preciosismo técnico estão todos lá. Mas acho que, para uma animação, foi um pouco adulta demais pra mim.
½ November 30, 2016
Part of The Criterion Collection and on Blu-ray.
November 28, 2016
A visually stunning animation that dazzles us at every second especially as we see the amazing attention that it pays to its smallest details, and the result is a delightful fun for all ages with a clever, witty plot, great voicing and Wes Anderson's trademark sense of humor.
½ November 27, 2016
Una muy buena propuesta la dirección de arte es genial y eso me hace pasar por alto tanta cosa floja que tiene.
½ November 26, 2016
Wes Anderson's best outing since Rushmore is a deliriously funny stop-motion delight, blessed with a superb and witty script (co-written by Anderson), wonderful voice acting by the entire cast (many of them Anderson veterans), and excellent animation. It's also - and unexpectedly - very moving at times. One for the whole family.
November 18, 2016
Fantastic Mr. Fox's impressive animation is perfectly balanced with Wes Anderson's unique vision of filmmaking.
November 14, 2016
Awesome, witty, Crafty, and love how they replace cuss words
You Have to see to understand
½ November 13, 2016
Aesthetically pleasing, fast pace, and quirky humor. Better than Up.
October 25, 2016
Why doesn't anyone mention this film anymore?
September 29, 2016
My favorite movie of all time.
½ September 25, 2016
Wes Anderson directs a film based on Roald Dahl's book Fantastic Mr. Fox. Clooney voices Mr. Fox who is a master of stealing chickens from farmers. When he is closed to being caught and finds out his wife is pregnant he promises to give it up. He moves to a dangerous part of town, and finds himself unable to resist trying to steal from 3 dangerous farmers (Boggis, Bunch and Bean) that live near by. After a successful heist the farmers wage war on the foxes and want to catch them at any cost, putting all the animals near by in danger. Making a full feature film out of a children's book is always challenging, but he film is well directed and really well packaged in a manner that only Wes Anderson can. The film features many of the typical Wes Anderson characters including Bill Murray, Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman.
½ September 25, 2016
Igual que las otras películas de stop motion, es admirable, pero también me gusta mucho el propio estilo que le pone Wes Anderson, muy creativa, los personajes son buenos, no me gustó un poco el hijo pero al terminar la película me terminó gustando, muy divertida.
September 12, 2016
So colorful and witty, not to mention stylish and unique; Wes Anderson's "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is an achievement in both storytelling and in stop motion animation. The film crew did an excellent job in making the film so vibrant in color that it will inspire several cinematographers to bring their own styles into their films. The characters were all funny and eccentric in their own ways. For those enjoy constant witty banter, this film is good for you. However, for children, it might be boring for them.
September 7, 2016
As great as I remember.
September 4, 2016
To put it simply, this is the worst movie I have ever seen.
½ August 19, 2016
very atmospheric and charming rough animation style. Pity about Americanisation, (rabid dog, animals not found in UK, american cars and of course, only baddies with English accents)! ...and the repeated use of the work 'cuss' in substitution for fu*k is tiresome.