Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

½ April 8, 2017
Antic, surreal and very, very funny, Gorgeous George's velvet tones bring the dignity.
½ April 2, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox goes deeper than your average animated flick with themes of fatherhood, family, doing the right thing and especially individuality. There are many great voice performances from the whole cast, George Clooney is as cool as ice and the other A list members of the cast were good too. Meryl Streep, Michael Gambon, Bill Murray and Willem Defoe in particular really lit up this picture.
March 31, 2017
"Fantastic Mr. Fox" is a great family/stop-motion animated film (nominated for the Oscar for Best Animated Feature; lost to "Up") & stays faithful to the children's book by late author Roald Dahl; if Dahl were alive, I'm quite sure he would love this film.
½ March 29, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox's movie adaptation has uncanny animation, which is all thanks to Wes Anderson's artistic ingenuity and Roald Dahl's colorful imagination.
March 6, 2017
Loved every minute of this!
½ February 21, 2017
While something of an aquired taste, Fantastic Mr. Fox provides great entertainment that keeps (at least in my opinion) true to Roal Dahl's surreal style of storytelling.
February 15, 2017
Innovative and fun, Wes Andersons animated film is destined to become a classic. The voice acting was superb and the story was clever despite feeling typical for a film starring animals living in this environment. A wonderful film.
February 15, 2017
Fun, Lighthearted, and beautifully directed animated film with full of FANTASTIC(heh) cast members.
½ February 8, 2017
A typical Wes Anderson feel to the movie.
February 5, 2017
Classic level. We watch this at least once a year
½ February 2, 2017
4.5 Stars! Wes Anderson's trademark all over... the symmetry is a beautiful spectacle for the eyes, with a marvelous soundtrack composed by Alexandre Desplat. Splendid, it should have won all its nominations, had the film 'Up' not been nominated as well. Excellent story by Roahl Dahl.
½ January 31, 2017
no just no after reading the book and loving the story i'm shocked really
January 16, 2017
Every time I watch this movie, I always think about how Wes Anderson is an artistic genius. Anderson's eye for beauty is just unlike any other and I truly admire him for it. I was hypnotized by the perfectly symmetrical shots, the simple, cute plot, and the charming soundtrack. I have an adoration toward stop motion because I know how the process of making one is very long and arduous, so this movie did not disappoint. Wes Anderson is one of my favorite directors, which is why I was not surprised with the fact that I absolutely adored this movie.
½ January 12, 2017
Ligera, dinámica, sensible sin dramas inútiles, con una estética muy simpática. 7/10
December 20, 2016
I LOVE this funny, sweet, clever & amazingly artistic film. It has something for everyone: kids should love the characters & story-line, while the quick-witted, very funny & clever dialogue will pull adults in very quickly & easily. I took two sets of adult friends two diferent times, to see this while it was still in the theaters...I wanted to see the amazingly creative artwork & technology used to make these (mostly) animal critters-characters come to life. I highly HIGHLY recommend it. And it's one of the few Wes Anderson's films I enjoy. He's quite talented but his humor normally doesn't do much for me; but here?...it works great. Well done to Mr. Anderson and all of the artists who worked on this masterpiece. Enjoy all the small remarkable details that are embedded...you'll want to watch it at least twice, to see what you missed the first time around.
December 14, 2016
This movie makes your kids more intelligent in humor, and will stop them from laughing hysterically at fart jokes.
December 12, 2016
Um filme de Wes Anderson por excelência, não há como negar. Seus tipos excêntricos e o preciosismo técnico estão todos lá. Mas acho que, para uma animação, foi um pouco adulta demais pra mim.
½ November 30, 2016
Part of The Criterion Collection and on Blu-ray.
November 28, 2016
A visually stunning animation that dazzles us at every second especially as we see the amazing attention that it pays to its smallest details, and the result is a delightful fun for all ages with a clever, witty plot, great voicing and Wes Anderson's trademark sense of humor.
½ November 27, 2016
Una muy buena propuesta la dirección de arte es genial y eso me hace pasar por alto tanta cosa floja que tiene.