Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

September 29, 2016
My favorite movie of all time.
½ September 25, 2016
Wes Anderson directs a film based on Roald Dahl's book Fantastic Mr. Fox. Clooney voices Mr. Fox who is a master of stealing chickens from farmers. When he is closed to being caught and finds out his wife is pregnant he promises to give it up. He moves to a dangerous part of town, and finds himself unable to resist trying to steal from 3 dangerous farmers (Boggis, Bunch and Bean) that live near by. After a successful heist the farmers wage war on the foxes and want to catch them at any cost, putting all the animals near by in danger. Making a full feature film out of a children's book is always challenging, but he film is well directed and really well packaged in a manner that only Wes Anderson can. The film features many of the typical Wes Anderson characters including Bill Murray, Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman.
½ September 25, 2016
Igual que las otras películas de stop motion, es admirable, pero también me gusta mucho el propio estilo que le pone Wes Anderson, muy creativa, los personajes son buenos, no me gustó un poco el hijo pero al terminar la película me terminó gustando, muy divertida.
September 12, 2016
So colorful and witty, not to mention stylish and unique; Wes Anderson's "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is an achievement in both storytelling and in stop motion animation. The film crew did an excellent job in making the film so vibrant in color that it will inspire several cinematographers to bring their own styles into their films. The characters were all funny and eccentric in their own ways. For those enjoy constant witty banter, this film is good for you. However, for children, it might be boring for them.
September 7, 2016
As great as I remember.
September 4, 2016
To put it simply, this is the worst movie I have ever seen.
½ August 19, 2016
very atmospheric and charming rough animation style. Pity about Americanisation, (rabid dog, animals not found in UK, american cars and of course, only baddies with English accents)! ...and the repeated use of the work 'cuss' in substitution for fu*k is tiresome.
½ August 12, 2016
Fantastic; pun intended.
August 1, 2016
best stop-motion feature since Wallace and Gromit
July 27, 2016
This Wes Anderson film brings joy to my three sons who range in age from 10-4. We absolutely love the witty dialog and simple yet engaging set pieces. All of the actors who do voice for this gem do a wonderful job and we particularly enjoy Ash and Kristofferson's back and forth. Great movie! "Whistle!"
July 15, 2016
A visually stunning animation that dazzles us at every second especially as we see the amazing attention that it pays to the smallest details, and the result is a delightful fun for all ages with a clever, witty plot, great voicing and Wes Anderson's trademark sense of humor.
July 9, 2016
Poor stop-motion animation only saved by A-list actors. I'd rather see the actors in-costume than this junk.
½ July 6, 2016
Wasn't that keen on watching it but I caught it on TV over Christmas and got really into it, The choice of filming was different but it works, It's pretty funny and very well done and with a great voice cast it's worth watching.
½ July 5, 2016
It's stop motion Wes Anderson.
½ July 4, 2016
I don't normally like creepy looking animation, but the characters become charming and it's not just a story about Mr Fox, it's a story about his family and their bonds. The storyline is very original, and the animation is amazingly done. I didn't think I would like the film as much as I do, but it's an amazing story - and Mr Wolf's little cameo at the end made my heart burst. It's an awesome story which you're gonna be glad you watched. I didn't believe the characters would all have personalities like this, but they do.
July 1, 2016
Lives up to the title, both the film and the title character. The adaptation of the classic Road Dahl book is somewhat faithful and somewhat out of this world. it is well animated through stop motion and well written through its clever lines and jokes. The ensemble voice cast consisting of all stars bring the same light to their characters, often acting pretty clever and well emoted. In a way, Wes Anderson seems to broaden the short story into a modern yet surrealist heist film. It seems to hit the hearts of viewers, many of which prevent the whimsical from being counterfeit in any way.
July 1, 2016
Fantastic Mr. Fox is a cute and whimsical movie so the whole family can enjoy it. The stop-motion animation was exquisite and the voice actors provided outstanding work!
June 29, 2016
Best stop motion animated movie ever
½ June 29, 2016
Good fun but totally wacky. The first half I enjoyed more than the second. It's fun to meet all the characters and understand what's going on initially, but then the second half moves toward a rescue mission and some peril, none of which is very high stakes or serious. Excellent voice acting and the stop motion is fun.