RoboCop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

RoboCop Reviews

November 30, 2016
A surprisingly competent remake. With a much more realistic and modern approach; there is more exploration of some of the themes only touched on in the original but the r rated ultra violence and biting satire is almost completely absent. It's good on its own terms but it till falls disappointingly short of the original. Still better than any of the sequels.
November 16, 2016
a really really undervalued movie
November 11, 2016
It's popcorn fun if something. But nothing really astonishing.
October 18, 2016
While some scenes were basically out of a video game, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected
½ October 18, 2016
Remember the original 'Robocop'? An action film that also managed to be clever and satirical with fantastic quotable dialogue? Yeah this is none of those things, this is shit.
½ October 17, 2016
This film has a lot of interesting ideas, good performances, good effects, and a tidy, coherent story. As a RoboCop film, however, it fails, possessing none of the biting satire, trademark "ultraviolence," themes of loss of humanity (does Alex Murphy still survive somewhere inside of RoboCop? The answer is an immediate, simple, "yes"), or interesting villains of the 1987 film. This was a good movie, but it could easily have been tweaked into a completely original film.
October 13, 2016
Absolutely Loved it ..I think its one of the best reboots ever ...
September 4, 2016
I could've forgiven that Robocop (2014) was a convoluted mess; I might've even enjoyed this new take on Robocop if it wasn't for the annoying rock'n roll music used in a scene that ought to have been great i.e. Robocop's second test in an abandoned factory. This out of place rock'n roll was used again at the end credits. Poor choice in music also reared it's head during Robocop's first test; instead of using the thematic (1987) 'Robocop' music, there was a song 'If Only Had A Heart' from 'The Wizard of Oz' (1939) film; I don't understand why Basil Poledouris's unbeatable (1987) Robocop theme music was only used once (for a few seconds at the start); the makers of this reboot probably thought they were being clever using 'If I Only Had A Heart' (in what could've been a good scene), but it didn't fit the film. Like 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes', Robocop (2014) starts promisingly, but gets repetitive. Another thing I didn't about this remake is Robocop leaping into the air and getting shut down ala 'Avatar'. And the ending on top of the OmniCorp building felt rushed and uninspired; a climax on top of a building with a helipad...gee, where have I seen that before? 'Mercury Rising' (1998), 'Max Payne' (2008). I was a fan of the original Robocop; I saw it at the movies in 1987 and watched it countless times on video, but this remake wasn't good; with a few simple changes e.g. using Basil Poledouris's (1987) Robocop theme music (for more than just few seconds), it could've been decent. That's my main criticism of Robocop (2014); the music. On a positive note the ED-209's looked good and there were some fresh ideas e.g. Robocop being tested i.e. the company that made Robocop conducting trials before unleashing him on the public, but as I wrote; these scenes were spoiled by the music.
September 2, 2016
I could've forgiven that Robocop (2014) was a convoluted mess; I might've even enjoyed it if it wasn't for the rock'n roll music used in scene that ought to have been great i.e. Robocop's second test in an abandoned factory and annoyingly rock'n roll music was used again at the end credits.
½ August 31, 2016
Great movie, but it's almost more like Human Revolution than it is like RoboCop 1. I used to play the iPad app constantly. I took off half a star for showing what was left of RoboCop without the suit. That was a horror show, and I sincerely doubt that those were all the organs that survived if he at least lived through his death long enough for them to augment him.
August 30, 2016
A very impressive and compitent remake of the 1987 original classic action film, this remake is a boost on the special effects, but doesn't deliver much gore, unlike the original. This has to be the best action remake ever made, with a terrific cast and an good entertainment value. This is one experience that ain't to miss. Recommended !!
½ August 28, 2016
"Robocop" felt like a very forced & emotionless remake that only exists to show-off America.
½ August 20, 2016
Although not a major improvement of the of the original, The robocop reboot shows us what the world would truly be like with a man like this alive. I enjoyed this movie's attention to detail on body functions and the shock and horror of the family involved. Samuel L Jackson has once again stolen this reboot with an excellent performance. Joel Kinnaman, whilst annoying at times, was a likeable character and was very understandable. This reboot gets a half rating from me and was a lot more entertaining than many hoped it would be.
½ August 13, 2016
It looks like Sony invested a lot of money and talent into this. Unfortunately I just never cared much about the story.
August 12, 2016
Great movie, super under rated. This movie has great action and an original story!
½ August 12, 2016
With an opening title screen that will have fans of the original (such as i) squealing with delight, Robocop 2014 is a Remake that doesnt suck,and is a 100% remake,and its a much better film for it.
August 10, 2016
From the second you heard the prog rock in the trailer you knew this one would suck, and it did not let down in that regard.
Somehow they manage to neuter all of the signature gore and mayhem from the original into whatever this is.
Fantastic cast is wasted by studio drivel. This story focuses more on the Alex Murphy human persona rather than the robotic element.
½ August 7, 2016
I was a huge fan of the original RoboCop movies. Having been excited about a reboot I was disappointed to hear it wasn't all that great. And unfortunately, I tend to agree. It isn't however half as bad as people made out, but its not fantastic either. Its an extremely dumbed down version of events from the originals. It focuses more of Murphys ability to feel emotions and the cut off from his family. Unlike the original Detroit didn't feel under threat, nor was the action as dangerous or life threatening. There was less attention on the crime on the streets and his relationship with his partner (who has changed sex). RoboCop was a decent film however it became flat and uninteresting towards the end. Keaton and Jacksons roles were just lame, Oldman however was brilliant as ever. RoboCop has a fantastic storyline and creates a terrifying setting for unnerving enemies and untrustworthy machines however this didn't feel the same in the reboot. The RoboCop of 2014 is merely a decent action flick.
August 5, 2016
An insult to the original.
July 31, 2016
Oh my Goodness......

Never thought the directories could pull it off and recreate one of the greatest films of the 80's era....

Trull enjoyed every detail of the movie....
Amazing.. Love it!.....