Easy Virtue Reviews

• Nov 24, 2018

Maybe someday I will read Noel Coward's play on which this is based, just to see if the play itself is bad as the movie. It took tremendous willpower to sit through the whole thing. I don't blame the actors, though, the screenplay and direction just got it wrong, pointless and sometimes even embarrassing. The redeeming qualities are the costumes, set and vintage production, and a very beautiful Jessica Biel. She, Colin Firth and Kristin Scott Thomas could have pulled this off with a better screenplay and direction.

• Sep 16, 2017

Who rates these movies on this site? If it is rated bad, then I watch for sure and it is usually a very good movie. This movie was cute, romantic, and everything that good entertainment should be.

• Sep 05, 2017

An OK flick to pass the time. Set in 1928, it's the story of a besotted younger British man and older exciting American woman who get married and end up on his parent's great house door step. Some inventive and amusing moments, but not enough to erase Jessica Biel's dreadful acting.

• Jun 12, 2016

The movie is a showcase for the brilliant Noel Coward. It is full of dry, pithy humor when life seems so cruel. The acting was first-rate. Anyone who thinks Jessica Biel can't act should watch this flick. Highly recommended!

• Jan 24, 2016

Great film with a quick wit and a lot of heart. This one was a big surprise for me. Loved it.

• May 13, 2015

Maybe not as good as I expected, but still fresh and sweet...:)

Maybe not as good as I expected, but still fresh and sweet...:)

• Sep 09, 2014

This is a dull, baffling movie. The script is dull and the characters are completely flat, but every now and again there'll be a bizarre twist in the story or a weird CGI scene that wakes you up. It's like the director wanted to make Baz Luhrman's The Great Gatsby and then he chickened out.

• Aug 23, 2014

I thought this was excellent, well acted and most enljoyable

I thought this was excellent, well acted and most enljoyable

• Jul 27, 2014

A charming farce, well worth watching.

A charming farce, well worth watching.

• May 10, 2014

Like the British food chastised in the film, the movie itself had too many bland grey beige bits... story problems mostly. Biel and Firth put forth excellent performances however, and are the tasty bits and sweet dessert.