Remember Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Remember Me Reviews

August 5, 2017
i loved it, but the ending fucked me up ngl.
June 11, 2017
overall amazing acting, brosnan and pattinson's chemistry is amazing. and the twist at the end will make this movie one of the more memorable movies you've ever seen
June 8, 2017
I'm not American so I don't give a fuck that this movie used 911 as a plot twist. The characters seem real, everything about the movie is poetic and inlightening, if you can't relate to the actual life events (and traumas other than ones that affected an entire state) that probably just says more about your personality than the movie itself.
½ May 9, 2017
Genial chemistry between its leads and appealing dialogue help a largely unremarkable story until a final surprise that will rub some audiences the wrong way.
May 4, 2017
F@($ this movie and it's 911 cop out twist ending. Seriously you'll hate this movie after the twist comes uo
½ March 16, 2017
Robert Pattinson is even a worse actor than I thought! He's like the male version of Kristen Stewart -_-
February 26, 2017
A lackluster in storyline, characters and acting overall. Like someone said the ending leaves a bad taste in mouth.
February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 20, 2017
Art should evoke emotion. Which is exactly what this film does. I was late to the game on seeing this (I didn't see it until about 6-7 yrs after it came out) I expected a tragic love story of two characters who would find themselves and each other. I found much more. If you're ready to leave behind your expectations of the classic "happy ending" and immerse yourself true art: love, loss, anticipation, fear, than this film is for you and I expect you will love it as much as I have.
December 21, 2016
Robert Pattinson is more a poser than an actor, playing an uncharismatic rebel without a cause in this schmaltzy little romance, a movie so embarrassing and shameless that it even dares to come up with a hugely offensive and exploitative final twist.
November 13, 2016
Boring film, stupid ending
½ August 26, 2016
"Remember Me" has good performances and manages to be enjoyable despite its questionably unnecessary twist at the end.
April 9, 2016
Well, as a writer myself I just had to put in my two cents worth about this movie. The story, up until the final three minutes has a great indie coming of age feel. The acting was superb and the conflicts were believable-again until the final three minutes. What made this movie's ending so horrible and shameless is a simple literary "no no" that all writers should understand, This simple abomination is termed a deus ex machina, a coincidence or, more commonly called cheating.
½ March 28, 2016
I know it's overly dramatic and doesn't really flow at all...but for some reason I still like it.
March 25, 2016
Wow! Twisted ending. Excellent movie!
½ March 13, 2016
I made this account to voice my opinion on how bad this movie is.
½ March 10, 2016
Robert Pattinson in the cast list is quite the turn-off (I am the anti-Twihard), but this got good reviews... and I tend to like tragic movies... so... I'd rent it.
February 28, 2016
After weeks of wading laboriously through Oscar hopefuls, a good light-hearted girls-night-out to a bad B-grade tear-jerker seemed well in order. With two premiering this week it can be difficult to choose, however when it comes to Dear John and Remember Me one stone is enough to kill both birds.

Dear John

Adapted from yet another of Nicholas Sparks best selling romance novels (The Notebook, Message in a Bottle), Dear John is a softly focused and overly sentimental modern Romeo and Juliet post September 11.

Serving as the old-fashioned American archetype of the strong silent type, Ex-model turned actor Channing Tatum pulls off the broody but endearing lead. Contrasting highly with young Kate Winslet-esque Amanda Seyfried who plays Tatum's slightly holier-than-thow but likeable love interest.

Home on leave; Special Forces Green Beret John Tyree (Tatum) stays with his emotionally disconnected obsessive coin-collecting father (Richard Jenkins), when he meets down-to-earth college student Savannah Curtis (Seyfried).

Embracing the highly closed off John, Savannah welcomes him into her happy and calm way of life; doing charity work, riding horses and explaining the reasons behind her aspirations to open a ranch for autistic children, like her six year old neighbour Alan (Braeden Reed). Savannah also helps John to understand and tolerate his hermit father's peculiar ways.

As their two week whirlwind courtship comes to an end, Savannah returns to school and vows to write John as much as possible whilst he serves the last year on his tour of duty.

Their brief separation seems to be an easy and endearing situation until the intervention of the events of 911 and John's once short term commitment becomes and indefinite division.

Will Savannah accept John's decision to reenlist? Will Savannah wait for his return? Can John survive in battle if Savannah refuses?

Remember Me

A contextually flimsy and unstructured love story come dreary family melodrama, Remember Me's morose tone, sluggish pacing and overly weighted in significance script is bittersweet in this less than affecting movie.

In need of an immediate acting intervention, Twilight's teen-heartthrob Robert Pattison channels the dramatic likes of James Dean and Marlon Brando as he attempts to turn his dreamy soulful eyes, into a soulful performance.

Since the unprovoked suicide of his older brother, NYC college student Tyler Hawkins (Robert Pattinson) has had family issues. Tyler's turbulent relationship with his arrogant and insensitive power-attorney father (Pierce Brosnan) differs greatly with his wonderfully adoring relationship with his younger and giftedly artistic sister Caroline (Ruby Jerins).

After yet another family tiff, Tyler enjoys a night out drinking and venting with flatmate and friend Aidan (Tait Ellington), but becomes involved in a back street altercation. Unjustly beaten and incarcerated overnight by the attending policeman Neil Craig (Chris Cooper), the boys vow to find a way to get back at him.

Still bearing the bruises, Aidan spots Craig dropping off his daughter Ally (Emilie de Ravin) at the same school. Aidan convinces Tyler to charm Ally in hopes of beginning a relationship and then exacting their revenge. However, as their mirroring family issues and a need for love intensifies their relationship, a true bond is formed and a real relationship blossoms.

Will Ally find out the reason behind Tyler's initial attraction? Can Tyler and his father ever mend their broken relationship? Is there something greater at work in this plot?

The Verdict: Sadly neither of these films had a great impact. Dear John had promise but the longing looks, lingering kisses and continual character separation saw the movie loose energy; Remember Me with its clumsy scene changes and labouring subtext lacked the heartfelt anchor required for an affecting film.

As one film ends with nothing more than a footnote and the other with a winding sucker punch, each of these romantic drama's offer something unique, however neither fully manage to evoke true emotion.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 19/03/2010
February 3, 2016
Celle-la, je l'ai pas vu venir... Magnifique fin qui donne tout un autre sens a ce film.
January 30, 2016
Riveting tale that surprisingly recalls an ill-fated time of American history.
"Tyler: If you could hear me, I would say that our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched."