The Blind Side - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Blind Side Reviews

June 27, 2017
A good movie, leaving you with a feel-good feeling. Showing the struggles of Quinton's character, from being poor and uneducated to receiving a football scholarship, gives you a proud feeling of joy and happiness for the cast.
June 25, 2017
An extraordinary true story, quite moving and touching. A good movie that shows that even some of the wealthiest persons have a good loving heart and the will to help people in need.
June 24, 2017
''You threat my son,you threat me''
An amazing story, based on true events. Such a great movie, don't know what else to say.Congratulations to Sandra Bullock for her Oscar,she absolutely deserved it with this amazing performance !!! Amazing job !!!
June 18, 2017
The Blind Side ameaça constantemente a deteriorar-se em um sentimentalismo barato mas nunca o faz, o roteiro baseado em um drama real de superação sai com o minimo de clichês possível, o elenco da o toque necessário para torna o drama um filme inesquecível.
June 10, 2017
Probably the best movie I have ever seen!
June 8, 2017
Emotionally fantastic. I couldn't stop watching it. Great film!
June 7, 2017
Of all the movies for Sandra to win an Oscar for... Don't get me wrong I love her [after all she's the heir to Meg Ryan's title as America's Sweetheart] but come on. Nothing about this film was Oscar quality.

That being said everyone does an excellent job!
½ May 31, 2017
Blindly sentimental and overly cheesy, The Blindside didn't make me feel anything except ambivalence.
May 23, 2017
Very great and realistic movie.
½ April 2, 2017
More like 3.75 stars. Sometimes it feels like a biographical drama with certain elements that was sentimentalized by Hollywood but overall this film has strong performances, pretty good drama, and it's still a film that I can watch a number of times.
March 26, 2017
A good sports movie about about football some sports movies are fun to see and this is one of theme!
½ March 18, 2017
What an inspirational and uplifting film! Sandra Bullock was average though.
March 10, 2017
The worst kind of film-making. The corny feeling of this movie drives me crazy. I hate it so much. Sandra Bullock is not a good dramatic actress. Please stop making these movies.
March 6, 2017
Wait. Only 66% Way too low!! This is one of my favorite movie, and it is according to a true story. I will give a 5 STARS
February 19, 2017
Liked it. They made some parts too cheesy. And I despise the Ravens as a Steeper fan lol. But I still give it a decent rating. if you like football or not...
February 16, 2017
If you love inspirational plot lines, small but important twists, innocent humor and elements of racial prejudice, then this is the film for you. However, if you do not tolerate small amounts of tasteful violence, are a young child, or just don't have much of a heart, then this movie probably isn't your cup of tea. So my opinion of this film is that it's a perfect balance of happy and serious to make for a remarkable re-enactment of a true story.

Sandra Bullock shows a whole new side to her acting abilities with her spot on southern accent, and heartwarming punctuality. Behind her at first seemingly hard and cold front, you quickly come to realize, is a sweet christian lady, who has much more empathy than she would ever let on. This film is made even better with the well known faces of Lily Collins and Tim McGraw as part of the Tuohy family.

The inspirational variation of social economic status and racial prejudice adds diversity and relatability to the film. Michael Oher's sad and dangerous past really touches you, and makes LeAnne Tuohy realize that there is a large social gap, and the impacts it can have. Some might say that the film had too much violence, and may have been too intense at parts. But, these scenes were very necessary to feel empathy and emotion towards Michael and others like him, that lived like that.

The beautifully placed humor, and Sandra Bullock and Jae Head's personalities, really made the film. It lightened the mood of the seriousness of many situations, and just made you feel good about what was going on. The look into different social economic situations gives you a feeling of gratitude and privilege, that really makes you feel compassion towards Michael.

Others might feel that the background and buildup to Michael and his football career is slow, and uneventful. But these events build a story in your mind to how Michael lives. It gives you a strong impression of what his life was like, and why his life is like the way it is now. It's an important part of understanding Michael Oher and his sad story.

So I urge you, if you love inspirational stories of football and breaking the social economic status, then you will love this movie. If you like seeing how someone so broken can accomplish so much, then this is for you. Don't waste your time with made up films about aliens, enjoy a very touching and remarkable re-enactment of an edifying true story.
February 4, 2017
Sandra Bullock and Michael Oher in a biographical pic based on Oher's life, The Blind Side. Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron) is called Big Mike and he is quite and keeps to himself. His father is passed, and his mother does not care for herself or him. He wanders aimlessly in life until Leigh Anne Tuhoy (Sandra Bullock) decides to take him in of the street.

Under her help, Oher gets a place to sleep and a hot meal. The family also encourages his athletics and mostly his struggling academics. He has 0.6 GPA average so they have a lot of work. Once he is able to get his grades up he starts learning about how to play football. He struggles with this initially until she teaches him to cater to his protective instincts and treat his team as family. Once he gets this, he becomes a lock for college recruiters as several colleges coaches become interested in him. The family's history with Ole Miss has the NCAA wondering if there is a scandal involved.

The Blind Side is an average football biopic. Quinton Aaron does a good job of portraying Oher as calm and charming individual. Bullock wins an Oscar for her portrayal of Yuohy. Her performance is good and she pulls of an accent, but it is far and away from being an incredible winning performance. Perhaps the classic underdog tale combined with the moral Christian values of helping is what led to the films overwhelming success. The story is interesting enough and does not force some of the elements that a Disney rendition of the film may have had. The Blind Side is what you would expect, and not much else.

-2.4.2017
½ February 1, 2017
Good film, its.a bit slow and long but it's really sweet and well done
January 17, 2017
My expectations were low for The Blind Side, a film whose trailer rubbed me the wrong way. I'm all for inspirational films, but this one looked like an overcooked, manipulative tearjerker with Sandra Bullock stepping way outside of her comfort zone to play a Good Samaritan Southern Belle who helps a struggling black teen with a painful past. I was afraid the film would exploit or gloss over the true pains of African-Americans struggling to escape the projects. I was afraid Sandra Bullock, whose forte is romantic comedies, would annoy with an attempt at a Southern accent. I was afraid that the power of this true story would be lost in hackneyed and trite filmmaking.

My fears were unfounded, and one cannot, it appears, judge a film by its trailer. This is one of the best mainstream films about Christians I've ever seen, possessing charm, integrity, and honesty in spades. Bullock's stab at a Southern accent, while dubious in a two-minute trailer, is actually quite convincing when viewed in the complete film. She truly loses herself in the role, and much to my surprise, I'd like to see her win an Oscar for her tough-love portrayal of a woman whose cannot help but help others. Country-music superstar Tim McGraw, as her husband, proves himself a capable actor, Granted, he doesn't have to do any heavy emotional lifting in the film, but his ability to deliver lines of dry humor was an unexpected delight. Newcomer Quinton Aaron, as the young man helped by Bullock's family, conveys a great deal of pain, sorrow, and joy with his eyes.
January 16, 2017