Reviews

• May 13, 2021

Well, isn't this an unpleasant little film. Genuine chills and tension to start, moody half-lit corridors - before revealing itself as the tawdry little shit stain that it is. Voyeuristic, devolving into teenage rape/whore fantasy - complete with a pathetic attempt to be sensitive and emotional while just flaunting it's hatred and fear of women.

• Apr 23, 2021

it's a really gruesome story, but that's not the problem. It's pacing: since there's little plot, it drags slowly by. The director relies on lots and lots of extreme close-up shots to pretend there's real tension and action. There isn't.

• Jan 06, 2021

Worst movie I've ever seen. It's not even good bad. It's terrible. Everything about is terrible. This is a move u would make your worst enemy watch. Not even that. I wouldn't even let my worst enemy watch this. 0,5 is way too much for this movie but its the lowest rating possible.

• Sep 16, 2020

it wasn't terrible; although i do agree with a few other reviewers. i think they could've did more with the story regarding the objectification of women, etc. but i did like a different take on the whole zombie genre. this movie isn't good, but if they had done a little something more then i think it could've been.

• Feb 09, 2020

I wanted to love this interesting little horror film, but I couldn't let its many flaws go. I get that JT's got problems, but he pretty much gets his way throughout the film until he gets beaten up by the crackhead at the gas station. It's made plain that Rickie feels for the "Deadgirl" chained to the medical bed under the insane asylum, but he does nothing to prevent the sadistic JT from brutalizing her. Why didn't he just tell the cops?? Why?? because the movie would be over if that had been the case. Also, Rickie and JT, a little shampoo and a comb would work wonders on those greasemops for hair. Had potential, ultimately disappoints.

• Jan 14, 2020

This is a horror movie. Horror movies, good ones, can be quite disturbing. "Disturbing" as opposed to grotesque, shocking, an assault on the senses. If you don't want to see a horror film that has some thought put into it, go directly to Disney, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Deadgirl is such a film. It's been branded as misogynistic, obscene, awful. Those reviewers/viewers are confusing the film for the ideas that the film is making the audience confront. The aberrant behavior, and the questions they raise, are there to consider. I found some of the attitudes displayed by JT and the other boys to be very realistic, no matter how badly woke viewers want to deny their existence. I've heard worse from men you'd consider otherwise healthy and ethical. Really. As a small, simple "zombie" flick, it turns the genre upside down. It presents a scenario of young men with raging hormones finding a zombified nude woman in an abandoned hospital, and the opportunity it presents. The ensuing plotline, instead of a fastpaced surprise-fest, is a slow burn of unease and disgust that is bound to disturb most viewers. In that sense, I found the film quite original, and very well done. It's even tasteful in most spots, despite what's being portrayed is explicit. If you like your horror to be original and even thought provoking, Deadgirl is not to be missed.

• Nov 25, 2019

Awesome!!! Reminded me of Evil Dead and Dead Alive.

Awesome!!! Reminded me of Evil Dead and Dead Alive.

• Oct 26, 2019

The subject matter is very uncomfortable but the film has noteworthy merit in the artistic roll call & the actors give fine performances.

• Mar 14, 2019

pretty awful film tbh but it did stick w me

pretty awful film tbh but it did stick w me

• Dec 20, 2018

A great movie with an excellent cast and good scares.

A great movie with an excellent cast and good scares.