Kick-Ass - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kick-Ass Reviews

January 21, 2018
I knew this would be great because Ebert hated it. Ebert is the most overrated couch potato of all time -- he gave a thumbs up to Transformers thereby proving he knows nothing at all about cinema and he said video games aren't art thereby proving he doesn't know anything about art.

This film will never appeal to males who want to see muscular men with superpowers so they can vicariously imagine themselves to be muscular men with great power. The main character, Kick-Ass, is a skinny nerd with no super powers or even martial arts training, and he gets upstaged by a little girl. He also gets stabbed in the gut and run over by a car whilst trying to be a costumed hero.

This movie is a satirical superhero story that really draws its inspiration from the ridiculous idea that Batman would bring a child (Robin) into the deadly, dangerous world of vigilantism, as well as the ridiculousness of being a costumed vigilante without any super powers. While Chris Nolan took the idea of a non-super-powered man in a silly costume playing vigilante and made some deadly-serious, utterly humorless movies out of that idea, this movie plays up the sheer absurdity of it all and revels in not taking it all seriously.

This movie had drama, humor, some great action sequences, and a great performance by Chloe Moretz.
January 13, 2018
we all wanna be a superhero..

Kick-Ass

Matthew Vaughn invests soul into it and keeps the reel flowing as much as he can and there is a genuine plot in it too but unfortunately not enough reasons.
December 30, 2017
Kick-ass is a movie I wanted to love but couldn't even get myself to like it.The stupidity and the goofiness just did not work for me.
December 21, 2017
Juvenile but silly fun.
December 15, 2017
One of those few movies that gets better every time I watch it. Great thought-provoking comedy.
November 17, 2017
This is still the best film I love so much. KICK-ASS was a film that started Matthew Vaughn film career with comic book films and this one is such a classic with stylish action and colourful characters that you will love right away plus is very funny and awesome. That's how Kingsman was made from this and some of the ideas they got from this film to in Kingsman. But overall what a film and I will always love no matter what and is still better then the second film still. Well done Matthew Vaughn you still made one of the best comic book films of all time and I FUCKING LOVE IT TO DEATH. Good job my man.
November 2, 2017
Nicolas Cage's insane performance is probably my only critique. Watch it
November 2, 2017
As a movie abaut a super hero in real life, this movie betrays its concept really quickly, but as an origin for one more fantastic super heroe, this movie successes on several levels, with one of the best roles of Nicolas Cage in years on an arc that shows a very peculiar but still charmin relationship with Chloe Grace Moretz, hit girl. Sadly even though the hero journey with kick ass is well constructed, it lose force because of the cliche teenager BS in wich this movie lose a lot of its time. Finally i only have to said, although this movie is entertaining is really far from been perfect.
October 29, 2017
Epic movie, great actors, great director and i really like the violance.
October 28, 2017
Creative, Cute and moving. Little Girl POWER.
½ October 26, 2017
Awesome R rated superhero in real life movie between Deadpool meet Spider-man. its was totally too much many violence scenes in this movie but Im okay with that movie
½ October 14, 2017
a funny brutal real life-superhero
action film
but the costumes are not so pretty

There are simply too few superhelden movies in which the characters are really teenagers or at least closer to the people who read the comics.
I have always wanted a comic book movie in which a few children in it happen but I did not expect and I am grateful. If I had expected something that had happened in this movie I just had so much fun I was quite surprised to see that this film is also based on a comic book but why not there are books about books. Or books about burning books. However, I can barely expect the second part actually found this movie is just okay but I hope the second part will kick ass
½ October 12, 2017
Bloody and violent, but still extremely entertaining.
½ October 11, 2017
"Kick-Ass" was a career-defining movie for Matthew Vaughn, at least at the beggining of his carrer. Eventually, other movies turned him into one of the most visionary directors of today's blockbuster cinema. "Kick-Ass" is a great, bloody, violent, energetic and stylish super-hero movie that surely will blown away Marvel fans and the public in general! Aaron Taylor-Johnson and ChloŽ Grace Moretz were perfects casting choices and the action and CGI are awesome, as well as the character development, with a few exceptions.
October 10, 2017
Everything a superhero should be, Kick-Ass is funny and action-packed!
October 7, 2017
Bloody violent comic film. Recommended.
½ October 7, 2017
R-rated comic book fun, not a masterpiece but a very fun movie!
½ September 29, 2017
great new take on the comic book theme
September 6, 2017
Worth paying a ticket for. See it already! O yea and bring a friend.
September 2, 2017
As far fetched as this movie was, it was a whole lot of fun. The characters were engaging and Dave was down to earth in his struggles to fit in at high school. The action was totally over the top and a lot of bloody fun. Great take on an everyday super hero.