Kick-Ass - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kick-Ass Reviews

November 17, 2017
This is still the best film I love so much. KICK-ASS was a film that started Matthew Vaughn film career with comic book films and this one is such a classic with stylish action and colourful characters that you will love right away plus is very funny and awesome. That's how Kingsman was made from this and some of the ideas they got from this film to in Kingsman. But overall what a film and I will always love no matter what and is still better then the second film still. Well done Matthew Vaughn you still made one of the best comic book films of all time and I FUCKING LOVE IT TO DEATH. Good job my man.
November 2, 2017
Nicolas Cage's insane performance is probably my only critique. Watch it
November 2, 2017
As a movie abaut a super hero in real life, this movie betrays its concept really quickly, but as an origin for one more fantastic super heroe, this movie successes on several levels, with one of the best roles of Nicolas Cage in years on an arc that shows a very peculiar but still charmin relationship with Chloe Grace Moretz, hit girl. Sadly even though the hero journey with kick ass is well constructed, it lose force because of the cliche teenager BS in wich this movie lose a lot of its time. Finally i only have to said, although this movie is entertaining is really far from been perfect.
October 29, 2017
Epic movie, great actors, great director and i really like the violance.
October 28, 2017
Creative, Cute and moving. Little Girl POWER.
½ October 26, 2017
Awesome R rated superhero in real life movie between Deadpool meet Spider-man. its was totally too much many violence scenes in this movie but Im okay with that movie
½ October 14, 2017
a funny brutal real life-superhero
action film
but the costumes are not so pretty

There are simply too few superhelden movies in which the characters are really teenagers or at least closer to the people who read the comics.
I have always wanted a comic book movie in which a few children in it happen but I did not expect and I am grateful. If I had expected something that had happened in this movie I just had so much fun I was quite surprised to see that this film is also based on a comic book but why not there are books about books. Or books about burning books. However, I can barely expect the second part actually found this movie is just okay but I hope the second part will kick ass
½ October 12, 2017
Bloody and violent, but still extremely entertaining.
½ October 11, 2017
"Kick-Ass" was a career-defining movie for Matthew Vaughn, at least at the beggining of his carrer. Eventually, other movies turned him into one of the most visionary directors of today's blockbuster cinema. "Kick-Ass" is a great, bloody, violent, energetic and stylish super-hero movie that surely will blown away Marvel fans and the public in general! Aaron Taylor-Johnson and ChloŽ Grace Moretz were perfects casting choices and the action and CGI are awesome, as well as the character development, with a few exceptions.
October 10, 2017
Everything a superhero should be, Kick-Ass is funny and action-packed!
October 7, 2017
Bloody violent comic film. Recommended.
½ October 7, 2017
R-rated comic book fun, not a masterpiece but a very fun movie!
½ September 29, 2017
great new take on the comic book theme
September 10, 2017
I knew this would be great because Ebert hated it. Ebert is the most overrated couch potato of all time -- he gave a thumbs up to Transformers thereby proving he knows nothing at all about cinema and he said video games aren't art thereby proving he doesn't know anything about art.

This film will never appeal to males who want to see muscular men with superpowers so they can vicariously imagine themselves to be muscular men with great power. The main character, Kick-Ass, is a skinny nerd with no super powers or even martial arts training, and he gets upstaged by a little girl. He also gets stabbed in the gut and run over by a car whilst trying to be a costumed hero.

This movie was a satirical superhero story that really draws its inspiration from the ridiculous idea that Batman would bring a child (Robin) into the deadly, dangerous world of vigilantism, as well as the ridiculousness of being a costumed vigilante without any super powers. While Chris Nolan took the idea of a non-super-powered man in a silly costume playing vigilante and made some deadly-serious, utterly humorless movies out of that idea, this movie plays up the sheer absurdity of it all and revels in not taking it all seriously.

This movie had drama, humor, some great action sequences, and a great performance by Chloe Moretz.
September 6, 2017
Worth paying a ticket for. See it already! O yea and bring a friend.
September 2, 2017
As far fetched as this movie was, it was a whole lot of fun. The characters were engaging and Dave was down to earth in his struggles to fit in at high school. The action was totally over the top and a lot of bloody fun. Great take on an everyday super hero.
August 31, 2017
If you liked Deadpool (2016), which actually came out after this one, then you're really going to like Kick-Ass. It's full of the same anti-hero comedic elements, without forgeting the violence and the profanity. But it' a pretty entertaining film, it's like it's own superhero movie,but also parodies other superheros. and overall, I think it's a very memerable superhero movie,even if it' not a major one. Recommended !!
August 24, 2017
In someways it's a pity that the grounded, more real approach that this movie starts out with doesn't last very long. By the end it's as cartoony and over-the-top as it can get. That said, this movie is largely a breath of fresh air packed with entertainment value.
½ August 16, 2017
Matthew Vaughn is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers/directors, but I didn't take the time to go back and checked out Kick-Ass. I never should have waited, because Vaughn struck gold for me again with this film. It's a thoroughly fun and exciting adventure that starts as the tale of a real-life superhero, and then shifts into a heightened reality where that hero is possibly the only thing close to real-life.

The high school life of Dave felt very authentic, and I liked how they established his humble beginnings instead of the cliche of a traditional superhero origin. The simplistic reasons he decides to be a hero made me laugh, and I like that things got ugly fast (as they would in real life.) But Kick-Ass really lit up and became something special when Nicolas Cage and ChloŽ Grace Moretz appeared on screen. The two of them are truly awesome characters that elevate this film into the stratosphere.

I adored the action scenes in this film (even with the extreme bloody violence.) There are at least three different fights in this film that had me grinning like a fool, because I was having so much fun watching. However, nothing tops that climactic battle. The blend of music, stunts, a little bit of slow-motion, and a whole lot of blood was genius. It had some unexpected moments and a few bombastic sequences that made me want to stand up and cheer. Kick-Ass is a huge adrenaline rush of elation for me, and I can't wait to watch it again.
August 11, 2017
Best superhero comedy of all time. Funniest quotes from kick-ass, the action scenes are so 100% good.