127 Hours - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

127 Hours Reviews

November 13, 2017
127 Hours is touching, inspirational, and just plain incredible. Director Danny Boyle transforms a true story into a heart-pounding gem, backed by an exquisite performance from James Franco. It's my favorite film of the year.
November 8, 2017
Ralston's journey is equally beautiful as it is thrilling and it's brought to the screen by Boyle's unique directing style and Franco's heartbreaking performance.
½ October 29, 2017
Bear grylls feel dumb watching this, great vision of what was like to be stuck there, as good a movie you could make from that suituation
October 18, 2017
Wow...thats all i can say is wow....MUST WATCH!!!
October 15, 2017
Cant remember much about it now but i know i liked it.
October 1, 2017
127 Hours is a film based off of a true story. A gripping and inspirational story, you feel for James (Franco) being trapped behind a rock waiting for death, inevitably finding the the strength to carry on and survive.

A film that only really has one Actor has to have a good lead, James Franco plays the role well, you really believe the turmoil he's in. You wouldn't think watching someone trapped in one confined space would be entertaining, but with a combination of superb acting, good visuals, and a brilliant story it completely blew me away. Franco recording essentially a goodbye message to family and friends really hits hard, this is when you feel for him the most, it also makes you think, when's the last time you said I love you to your loved ones.

Films that are based off of true stories always tend to hold more of my attention, the aspect that someone has been in this situation before makes you really connect with the performance.
½ September 29, 2017
A good film which created an intense atomosphere through the use of sound and clever editing
½ August 16, 2017
From what ive read this film is absolutely spot on in comparison to the real life events that occured. Unbelievable true story.
August 6, 2017
Another goodun from Danny Boyle. Wasn't sure I would enjoy this film, and thought I might've been bored knowing its content. Couldn't have been more wrong. Franco is excellent and easily carries you all the way to the conclusion. I was engrossed all the way through..and he does very well to convey a huge range of feelings and emotions. Even knowing what was gonna happen did not detract from the enjoyment. There are some harsh scenes and you are right there with him through every part of his traumatic experience. Some nice cinematic touches throughout and Boyle plays around with the character's delusions with a number of interesting (and often amusing techniques).
I felt quite an emotional release when we finally got to the end...which is a credit to both actor and director for taking me along on such a harrowing journey.
½ July 30, 2017
Intense, gripping, very hard to watch( one scene in particular) and a great performance from James Franco.
July 27, 2017
It's incredible boring, a absolute sleeper movie
½ July 16, 2017
A story about a nitwit who used a forbidding area of southern Utah - always beautiful - as a personal playground, alone, with no buddy, no contacts, no return time, who got himself into a mell of a hess. Knowing the story, one finds oneself fast forwarding to the pertinent parts of the tale instead of watching all the minutes of angst. The great female cast was mostly wasted with what amounted to cameos. A shame ... A cautionary tale & an educational film for the adventurer who was never a Boy Scout. A Boy Scout? Their motto is "Be prepared."
July 15, 2017
This movie is really good and it is intense, but it certainly isn't for those with a weak stomach! James Franco gives one of his better performances and Danny Boyle's direction is flawless. This movie may trigger some anxiety though. Fair warning.
July 11, 2017
Based on the true survival story, "127 Hours" is a gripping cinematic endurance test.
July 7, 2017
Amazing true story. Great performance by James Franco !

-You didn't tell anyone where you were going?
-Aah,yeah thats absolutely correct..
-Anyone?
-Anyone...
-Ups ! :)))
June 28, 2017
127 Hours is painful to watch, but hard to dislike.
½ June 18, 2017
Danny Boyle gluttons on his own, excessively modern style and constantly loses the story's emotional power with pointless split-screens and gimmicky cuts, but Franco pours as much heart into the material as he can and that's what raises above other failed albeit interesting failures like it.
April 26, 2017
Just a amazing movie and great direction
½ April 25, 2017
"Soo, how do you make a simple story into a full length feature film? Watch this and you might just learn a thing or two"
April 22, 2017
A shitty movie with the same fucking basic story of a dude who fucking gets stuck ... I mean dude the final wasn't surprised me at all (what the fuck) *spoiler* i knew he will cut off his arm since he left that knife home.
I mean they just have fired time and put some flashbacks .Maybe i'm a haiter but this movie sucks.