127 Hours - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

127 Hours Reviews

July 27, 2017
It's incredible boring, a absolute sleeper movie
July 22, 2017
Intense, gripping, very hard to watch( one scene in particular) and a great performance from James Franco.
½ July 16, 2017
A story about a nitwit who used a forbidding area of southern Utah - always beautiful - as a personal playground, alone, with no buddy, no contacts, no return time, who got himself into a mell of a hess. Knowing the story, one finds oneself fast forwarding to the pertinent parts of the tale instead of watching all the minutes of angst. The great female cast was mostly wasted with what amounted to cameos. A shame ... A cautionary tale & an educational film for the adventurer who was never a Boy Scout. A Boy Scout? Their motto is "Be prepared."
July 15, 2017
This movie is really good and it is intense, but it certainly isn't for those with a weak stomach! James Franco gives one of his better performances and Danny Boyle's direction is flawless. This movie may trigger some anxiety though. Fair warning.
July 11, 2017
Based on the true survival story, "127 Hours" is a gripping cinematic endurance test.
July 7, 2017
Amazing true story. Great performance by James Franco !

-You didn't tell anyone where you were going?
-Aah,yeah thats absolutely correct..
-Anyone?
-Anyone...
-Ups ! :)))
June 28, 2017
127 Hours is painful to watch, but hard to dislike.
½ June 18, 2017
Danny Boyle gluttons on his own, excessively modern style and constantly loses the story's emotional power with pointless split-screens and gimmicky cuts, but Franco pours as much heart into the material as he can and that's what raises above other failed albeit interesting failures like it.
April 26, 2017
Just a amazing movie and great direction
½ April 25, 2017
"Soo, how do you make a simple story into a full length feature film? Watch this and you might just learn a thing or two"
April 22, 2017
A shitty movie with the same fucking basic story of a dude who fucking gets stuck ... I mean dude the final wasn't surprised me at all (what the fuck) *spoiler* i knew he will cut off his arm since he left that knife home.
I mean they just have fired time and put some flashbacks .Maybe i'm a haiter but this movie sucks.
½ April 7, 2017
"127 hours" is a movie based on Aron Ralston's story, directed by Danny Boyle and released the 28 of january 2011 in the United States, the main character is James Franco acting Aron Ralston; a man who tries to escape a hudge hiking accident, and there's also Clémence Poésy and Kate Mara performing two lost girls.

The film tells the story about a hiker; Aron who decided without warning anyone, to go explore the 26 of april 2003, the Blue John Canyon in Utah. When he was there, he went throught the desert and met two lost hikers, passed time with her and then he continued his road alone. Not long afterwards, he went down on a canyon crack but he leaned on an unsteady rock, and it falled with Aron, trapping his arm against the wall. He passed 6 days and six night struggling trying to escape because he was thirsting, because of that he was having hallucination but he finally escaped from the trap, cutting himself his stuck arm with an multifonction knife and he found help going out of the crack.

I personally think that James Franco had an incredibly realistic performance in this movie because,as the viewer, we can feel the anxiety, the despair and the relief at the end of the character, just by the facial expression of the actor and also the voice effect in stunning because, as the characters worsen, his screams get badder, and demoted, and we have the feels when he talk to himself with a crappy voice and I think that make the film highly believable just by the fact that it hits the viewer right in his deepest emotions. Plus the actor won 4 awards for the best dramatic actor.
The film technique is also outstanding and gripping because at first, when Aron is happy and determined to go on a hike, we have many different panoramic views shot on location with many colors and different fast music, then when the hiker gets trapped, the lighting gets darker as his situation worsen, there is only close shots on his face to show his intense emotions and the very important detail is that we have a point a vue shot with a "bad quality" camera to mimic the use of Aron's camera, and we have more short shots of differents little details, such as a shot on an ants for example, and it make the scenes more tense because the viewer sees all the details of the situation.

I think that this movie is really nice, just because the message, that I think is to warn people about what you are doing in case of an accident, is really powerfull because it make total sense for Aron Ralston; if he had warned a friend or family he probably didn't stayed that long in the canyon crack. I also like the general way of event simply because, it's based on a real story, so the survival details are extremly realistic and it make the profundly gripping. And in addition, it's not insignificant that this movie won 25 nominations, including 6 Oscars and 3 at the "Golden Globe" plus it is qualified the the movie at "American film institute".

Generally I find this film absolutly fascinating (that's why I gave it 4,5 stars !) and I recomend it to people who like stressful movies and a little gory, but it's not like too much, and I personally thinks that if you didn't already saw it yet, you've been mising something !
I hope that you like my review and good movie viewing !!
Plouchard Elodie
March 17, 2017
Cringe-y, documentary ish almost, not sure if I would see it again.
March 16, 2017
Good movie, James not so good
March 15, 2017
Amazing true story about an adventurer surviving the odds inside a canyon when he fell through there...and his right arm got pinned by a large boulder.
½ February 26, 2017
Not as good as expected but not as bad as it might look.
February 19, 2017
Good film, and remember, never go on a trip without saying where you're goin.
½ February 15, 2017
With an outstanding performance, James Franco takes the audience to the journey of their nightmares, being a very realistic tape with beautiful shots in which courage and strenght are they keys for survival, producing a dramatic acting that conveys thoughts and reflections.
January 31, 2017
Great movie. Very inspiring. A great performance by James Franco.
½ January 21, 2017
"127 Hours" stays true to its real-life story by presenting it in a very raw and deep direction while showcasing James Franco's marvelous performance who captures the experience of this event.