127 Hours Reviews

• Oct 23, 2020

I love the movie because it shows even in a bad situation, you should try to keep going.

• Oct 11, 2020

Cool, thanks for reaffirming my negative preconceptions about living vicariously by getting a weekend warrior hobby; the only worse way to die with a fun outdoorsy passion is to get trapped while spelunking. Guess the only thing to do is to keep watching movies, for personal safety. Creating a film out of a premise that actually relies on solitude is always a tall order, and can often deliver mixed results, but being dealt a largely fixed setting must only compound the difficulty. Regardless, 127 Hours never feels boring, adding in plenty of tangible characterization for its protagonist while creating a sense of mounting tension as the climax approaches. Capped by a solid performance from Franco, the biggest weakness of the film seems to be inherent – virtually everybody knows how the film ends due to the fame of the story, so much so that it's often used to describe the film: "Oh, you should watch 127 Hours. It's the one where a dude cuts his arm off to get out from underneath a boulder". (4/5)

• Sep 11, 2020

this movie was great and also frightening to go through since it happened

this movie was great and also frightening to go through since it happened

• Sep 10, 2020

Good survival movie.

Good survival movie.

• Sep 06, 2020

It's okay. It's hard to stay interested in a story with so little complexity for the length of a feature film. It's really a 30 minute story stretched out to 90. Many scenes just didn't seem necessary. But a decent watch.

• Aug 22, 2020

I feel like this movie is extremely overrated to an extent . The movie is good but it's not the Shawshank people are hyping this up to be. Danny Boyle is a great director but I've seen better out of him from Trainspotting. Because I feel like the main gimmick of this movie is the fact that it is based on a true story. And I feel like another gimmick is the fact that he cut off his own leg or he drank his own pee. The first 20 or so minutes is irrelevant and is filler.The other two girls were irrelevant and are also filler. There is uneeded stuff to extend time.The movie is really boring at times because there is only one location for the majority of the movie.One actor (James Franco) carries the whole movie but that's just because he's a good actor. He does well with this role like most of them. The concept is interesting on paper but it is not executed well. The camera work was impressive but some angles are just unorthodox but uncomfortable to look at. The soundtrack of this movie is mediocre at best.There is a bunch of edgy edge Lord moments that are just gimmiky to keep people interested in the movie. And this movie has no underlying message like what people are saying. A bunch of really great ideas were put in this movie but some are just not well done. Definitely not the worst thing I've seen. But I've seen much better out of Boyle.

• Aug 09, 2020

Not much actually happens in this movie yet at the same time it feels like so much happens and that's mainly because it's beautiful shot, fantastically acted and amazingly edited. They somehow managed to make a movie about a man who gets his arm trapped into a 90 minute masterpiece and I do obviously realise it's based on a real life event. It's immensely engaging that you won't be able to take your eyes off of it until the credits roll, it is a must see movie!

• Aug 04, 2020

127 Hours is a fantastic film

127 Hours is a fantastic film

• Jul 09, 2020

127 Hours Pros: Fantastic Acting Stellar Directing Strong Writing Amazing Cinematography Magnificent Editing Brilliant Pacing Great Musical Score Solid Sound Mixing and Sound Editing Superb Storytelling Terrific exploration of its themes Cons None Overall Grade: A+ (10/10)

• May 30, 2020

Really good, just not all that re-watchable because, pardon my French, it's slow as balls. 7.75/10.