13 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

13 Reviews

September 11, 2016
Loved it! Not sure why it's scored so low lol
May 13, 2016
Vince Ferro is a man in desperate circumstances. While on a quick fix-it job, he steals an envelope containing instructions for a mysterious job that promises a potential fortune. He assumes a false identity and follows the instructions, only to find himself a numbered participant in an underworld Russian roulette competition, where gamblers place bets on who'll survive when the trigger is pulled. The stakes are high, but the payout is more than he can resist. Many are competing for the first time, and a precious few have even returned to play again, but are his odds any better than other players in this most deadly game? What will it take to be the last man standing?
April 22, 2016
movie awful Not Jason's fault
½ February 1, 2016
A decent cast and some tense moments cant save this film. Interesting enough premise but the last half hour drags to a disappointing end, unlucky number 13.
Resonant Line: "Vince: I think I should leave. Joe: Its too late now, you have to play."
September 20, 2015
Good movie, but frustrating and annoying at times......
July 25, 2015
Oops!!!! this is repeated ol fashioned.. Just like "The Tournament". Waste of time.. All the good actors are wasted in this movie.. Sam Riley was okay in all gun point scenes. Jason Statham got nothing to do with this.
I expected a lot..but....!!!!
½ March 3, 2015
Hostel-like movie with tense moments and some disgusting characters, particularly of Statham's.
½ December 28, 2014
Very brutish, but not short enough! Not 8%, but falls short of 50%.
August 17, 2014
How could a film with so many good actors sink this low.
August 10, 2014
This must be an awful film if the tomatometer is lower than the number in the title.
½ August 4, 2014
This is a bad movie. The music selected for this movie is really bad, it does not seem to fit any of the scenes in this work. The script is poor, we only see a few moments of what motivates any of the characters. There are plenty of interesting actors wasted in this movie. Definitely avoid this film.
July 29, 2014
Performances were high caliber from an all star cast, but the overall story needed A LOT of work.
July 20, 2014
I haven't seen the original French movie this is closely based on, but I can say that this one problably isn't as good as it. But to my surprise, this movie was actually pretty good. The plot idea was of course copied, but it's a good idea and the movie does a good job of portraying it. It is a little slow, and the begining was a little confusing, but later on it all makes perfect sense. It's a simple game, a little like The Deer Hunter, but all the betting and boring other stuff that goes on between rounds is slow and kinda uninteresting. But when a round does happen it's all suspense and really gets your attention. Jason Statham is the tough guy he usually plays, but he almost made the whole movie without killing anyone, and he didn't need to beat anyone up, which wasn't needed anyway. And finally the ending was great, it was one of my favorite parts of the film, and finished it all off pretty good, even though many things are undefined. So dispite the other poor reviews this movie has, I disagree with them, this movie was far better than I expected.
June 16, 2014
it just draged all good actors are wasted
½ May 17, 2014
ok flick lackluster at times yet as a whole fairly amusing watching 50 cent and jason statham act the protagonist played by sam riley failed to impress with his drab desperate educated street slick plight
½ May 4, 2014

- '13' is the 2010 American remake of the Georgian-French movie '13 Tzameti'. Both the original movie as the remake were directed by Géla Babluani. I really enjoyed the original film that was released in back-and-white and had a very rough edge to it, but I must say I wasn't too keen on the remake. No big changes were made to a good script in which a boy enters a competition that deals with Russian Roulette. Starring Sam Riley (Byzantium, Maleficent), Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler, Sin City), 50 Cent (Escape Plan), Ray Winstone (The Departed, Noah) and Jason Statham (The Expendables, Death Race). In order to live, you must win the game...

Vincent 'Vince' Ferro (Riley) overhears people talking about a deceased man who was offered a job that would have made him rich. Ferro, who is desperately in need of cash, steals the envelope with the instructions for the job. Going to a rendezvous point the young man is accepted to take the dead man's place. Unknowingly he has enters a deadly competition. Together with several other men, including mental patient Ronald Lynn Bagges (Winstone) and Texan jailbird Patrick Jeffersen (Rourke), he is a participant is a game of Russian Roulette. The event is organized for the entertainment of rich spectators, such as Jasper Bagges (Statham), who place bets on who will survive.
March 29, 2014
Yeah...not much to enjoy about this one. Actually...nothing at all.
March 29, 2014
The Russian roulette scenes are intense but everything leading up to and after them is total crap.
½ March 10, 2014
Felt like I took a bullet myself on this turd!
½ February 12, 2014
A divertingly tense yet superficial time-waster