28 Weeks Later... Reviews

• 1d ago

Though still suffering with a few flaws like the original, 28 Weeks Later still offers fans of the first installment and horror fans with great atmosphere and action, thrilling events from the infected undead, raising the budget to a new high for more special effects and a overall different feel but still familiar tone the first film gave us. A truly good sequel that captures the spirit of the original~

• Mar 23, 2020

Great Zombie movie, but had none of the original cast or anything which imao made it kind of bad

• Mar 22, 2020

Please avoid watching this movie if you don't want to end up disappointed and with a sense of not even knowing what was going on.

• Mar 19, 2020

As a thrilling movie, it's good. But as a sequel to 28 days later, a thrilling movie with lots of meaning and deep thinking.. No! not good Just a time passer.

• Mar 09, 2020

What is lacks in emotional depth it makes up for with amazing cinematography and thrills. An interesting post apocalypse movie but it flags in the last third.

• Feb 14, 2020

I'm not really digging the camera work. It feels like something is going to explode at any moment. The tension in impalpable. Holy shit! He left his wife and the kid to save himself because he knew he wouldn't stand a chance trying to take care of both of them. Wow, that beginning sequence was intense. So much going on. Pretty crazy to see such huge city be completely empty of movement and people. Very eerie. That boy and his big sister look like there up to no good. They're not to be trusted. Interesting to see all the changes that have happened in the city after the infected have died off. Increase in military presence, surveillance. Hmm, I don't know if it would be worth living in that kind of environment. Of course the first thing these idiot kids do is go and cross the river. The one thing there not supposed to do. Holy shit! I wasn't expecting the mother to still be alive! Jesus, that was way too dark. I liked how he became a zombie by her doing (the kiss of death) but I didn't like that he ended up killing her and in such a horrifying way. And then again when he turns up in the basement of the building with all the people trapped in there and starts turning people into zombies. That was the moment when I almost turned off the movie. What a fucking nightmare. I mean talk about having a pessimistic outlook on the whole situation. I felt like this movie had a lot of dumb decisions that were made by characters just to purposefully make it more of a horror movie. I really hated the dark pessimistic almost hopeless morbid outlook in the movie. I understand it's a zombie movie and in a real outbreak mostly everyone would die, but when I watch a movie, I want to be entertained or thrilled and not bummed out about reality. For that reason, I didn't like it.

• Jan 24, 2020

This sequel definitely had its ups and downs that I liked and hated but overall the movie had a fantastic and strange idea.

• Jan 23, 2020

This is a movie about stupid, idiotic and moronic people and how they got themselves killed. The only good thing about this movie is the opening scene and that's it.​

• Nov 30, 2019

Robert Carlyle's acting as an infected Zombie was probably the scariest, realistic zombie attack I have ever seen in my life. While it was very violent it convinced me. His emotion before the infection reminded me of why he was chosen in The World is Not Enough. He is a GREAT ACTOR! The movements, the screaming were all realistic and perfect in a zombie movie. His acting made Resident Evil and World War Z zombies look silly and fake. Human beings have bones and vocal cords that don't screech effectively when the body is deteriorating which is why world war z does a terrible job at convincing me they are zombies. The zombies in WWZ also sound and move a little funny as if they are break dancing. In Resident Evil the zombies are terrible actors. There is a scene where a Zombie smiles and is tested to use a phone in a lab due to its intelligence. The whole scene made me cringe from shame as I pitied the acting. After watching Robert Carlyle it was on a whole new level. I could imagine that scene as a realistic zombie attack that I in no way could ever make fun of. A sad emotional and terrifying scene as he killed the woman he loved. The impact it makes hit me harder than any other Zombie movie. The terrific acting combined with the terrifying fact that the infection was so strong it was enough to make the closest person who loves you more than life turn on you.

• Nov 11, 2019

Forgettable, mind-numbingly bad, very poorly done movie. Not scary, bad action scenes, utterly stupid plot.