3:10 to Yuma - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3:10 to Yuma Reviews

April 21, 2017
This was such a brilliant film. I enjoyed it through and through. Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were inspiring. I have always found Logan Lerman to be such a talented young actor and he has proved himself once again in this film. All in all, it well worth seeing.
½ April 10, 2017
All the elements of a solid movie were here: great characters, acting, cinematography, story, and suspense. Total shame, then, that the Ben Wade character becomes so inconsistent and unbelievable at the climax.
½ April 8, 2017
Living according to the law, living according to be unlawful. Those caught in the middle living by and by, have another living they have abide, follow, that's dignity. Out in the west, it's kill or be killed, unless you have a little dignity as a unlawful legend. Dignity is only for those whom make us who we are. Other dignity we see immediately in others whom we idealize, whether a respectable family man. Regardless, you the fastest gun slinger out here, you make the rules once old rules are broken. Out here your known by your family, your known by whose shoes you have walked in, whose shoes you are going to walk in, and whose shoes you knocked right off their foot. Your legacy remains, cause you survived, stayed out of trouble, danger, kept your nose clean. Some legacy remains when your good at what you do, and your more dirtier then what your family proceeds you. Some legacy dies when you get mixed up in it.
We follow this group, when it leads us to riches, has the greatest mind to plan a job, can follow what's right and mix it with what's wrong, and justify that the cause is justified. Not all unlawful man have the blood thirst, just good man, doing right, that follow the wrong path when cruel life's fate takes a wrongful turn.
There is more to the unlawful man then meets the eye. You never know what will turn up with every path we cross.
"Come to wake some snakes"
Living life according to dignity, getting paid for honest days work. Accepting payment from a dishonest man for being honest to you, is only fair between you too, but not when you have moral code to follow for the town and law (Wrong Legends & Rightful heroes). Your town is filled with law man, that you can't cheat.
We all live according to some moral code, a man whom defends his family's honour, providing for their family, and some being loyal and following the right path. Sometimes those whom are good, and don't follow their word or yours and are disloyal and not listening, you cant help but being honest to others and dishonest to those who are dishonest (God & Man).
Whatever we follow in this God forsaken town, whether it's laws, codes, money, morality, it's always comes down to life or death. What we consider justice, we take in our own hands, trial, or something unforseeable.

Some paths we take for money more harder to earn then others. whether these paths are moral or immoral, it gets even crueller in every town you go. When we live according to some dignity in towns where ungodly ways are bred, where undignified men live we live according to a life we know, born into, can't help ourselves bu t fall victim to temptation. When being in the wrong place and time can either be life or death, it can be rewarding and unrewarding. We don't know what dangers loom, some more familiar with the dangers, as they live among them their whole life, living according to a dignified life is harder to comeby.
When dignity is no longer an option, and we do everything for money when we are desperate, pays for our life town to town, pays for lifestyle, pays for loyalty, pays for our way out of prison, we live according to a life that made us the legend we are, and the victims it has claimed. When dignity is insignificant, when we have revenge on our mind to care. When we can talk our way through anything, charms, wit, knowledge and it's insignificant, when we have rewards to think about. When we go from town to town, we have law and order to abide to, that makes it peaceful for a reason, that no money, no life, no reason matters when we must uphold what our duty is. We don't always know what we get into, or what dangers lurk from town to town, when different paths come through those doors all the time, and time is money, when we got business on our mind. When living according to dignity doesn't matter when we got an army or out numbered, out gunned and all that matters is living.
When no duty is worth our life, and we are playing the Devils hand and gambling with our life. There is nothing we live according to when your faced with death, and all you have to do is be just like the thing your not. When living according to the gun, there is no dignity in the lives we have taken, for the actions we have done, when we live according to something deeper, the love for your family, being known for something that puts his family on the right path to something greater then a child of a someone whom has to settle for less, that one last sense of dignity that puts those shame to rest from town to town, and you can live either for your family, or live in your children.

When we have to live according to something we follow, but not by its teachings, but as a reminder when life changed and went all wrong. When we had to decide which path to take on our own.

When we can't change what we have done, and correct what we did wrong, but we have a chance to do what's right, because we see eye to eye on one thing that is good in our life whether it's a good man having to die for his family when the government, people and a unlawful man is responsible for when everything went wrong in his life to take his life.
When the last bit of dignity we have to follow is putting everything back as right, living the life we are intended to live, paying for the life we lived from the lives we have taken, and earning the life we worked hard for because someone handed his life unto us. The one right path we cross in our entire life we restore ones dignity.

Or is giving back worth it, when your undignified your whole life to put a stop to it. When in the it is what we do our entire life that catches up with us. If we live according to life from town to town, we live on, our legend lives on, we never pay, and we live the life we intended because we did it on our own thanks to some helpful chumps along the way. Who is watching us, when there is no god, no man, no law, rule, code, money, family, life that holds us down or stops us when we are just that damn good.
March 16, 2017
Fantasic movie, Bale and Crowe were both awesome as was Alan Tudyk.
February 17, 2017
An engaging western that has two great performances from both Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, even though it sticks too closely to the mold of previous westerns.
½ February 11, 2017
great movie. one of the rare westerns i like. great acting. lots of intense scenes. (3 viewings)

SPOILERS

i thought the movie concluded perfectly and other more obvious endings would have been unsatisfying or lame
February 3, 2017
A finely tuned and beautifully crafted western thanks to strong performances and James Mangold's tight direction.
January 29, 2017
I watch this movie right about every year or so
½ January 21, 2017
Very good western, great movie in general.
½ January 21, 2017
170121: The 2007 version of this film offers a seemingly younger Ben Wade (Russell Crowe) and Dan Evans (Christian Bale). Found both Grayson Butterfield (Dallas Roberts) and Emma Nelson (Vinessa Shaw) intriguing and memorable. Charlie Prince (Ben Foster) makes a great psychopath with his stainless Smith & Wesson Model 3s but overall, I didn't find the film as dark. Even with its alternate ending, the newer 3:10 to Yuma is lighter and quicker than its 1957 predecessor. It was fun to watch both back to back. The small, and larger, differences
provide food for thought. Overall, a good modern western with enjoyable cast.
½ January 19, 2017
THE way a westerns should look, feel, and sound.
January 8, 2017
It honestly is one of the more boring westerns I've seen lately. The ending also didn't make much sense. I prefer the original ending.
January 5, 2017
Maybe once I see the original, I'll be interested.
½ January 4, 2017
A morality tale of great weight and depth is boosted by a fantastic performance by Crowe and a perfect helping on Western fun.
½ January 4, 2017
The main characters could not be more moronic in their decision making.
January 2, 2017
Engaging lead performances and a smart pervasive intensity, James Mangold's update of the original Western features enough originality and skill to make it more than recommendable.
December 27, 2016
What a beautifully directed movie, the cast was fantastic, it kept my attention for the full duration.
½ December 19, 2016
Dumbest western I have ever seen
December 5, 2016
The decent cast keeps you watching and thinking there might be something to this film. But, in the end it's just a confused mess with the characters throughout acting in ways that just don't make any sense.
½ December 3, 2016
James Mangold's best work to date, 3:10 to Yuma is a modern Western remake that brings out the best from the genre along with an excelente cast - led by powerful performances from Christian Bale and Russell Crowe.