3:10 to Yuma - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3:10 to Yuma Reviews

July 24, 2016
****
With good performances from both Russel Crowe and Christian Bale, 3:10 to Yuma succeeds in being a fun, classic-esque western.
July 24, 2016
some serious acting and character study without a plot or dialogue which can hold your attention for the entire run-time.
July 19, 2016
A fine remake. I'm a sucker for a good Western, and yes, I actually thought this was better than the original.
July 4, 2016
I love this movie! Two hotties, Russell Crowe & Christian Bale cowboying it out, love. Russell Crowe played an amazing asshole, fantastic gun fights, love, love, love
July 2, 2016
One of the best westerns I've seen in awhile!
June 29, 2016
A clever and witty new age western, with a unique plot and a great cast, 3:10 to yuma wins impressively in my book.
June 29, 2016
Good remake. Bale and Crowe shine
½ June 22, 2016
There's not a lot of originality, bit there's plenty of good old western atmosphere and action.
June 20, 2016
Terrific remake of one of the greatest western movies.
June 9, 2016
3:10 to Yuma isn't perfect, but in a world where the western is all but dead, it's pretty enjoyable. Perhaps the most refreshing thing about the movie is its focus on characters over action scenes. There's plenty of the latter of course, especially in the third act, but it's primarily a character driven story revolving around troubled rancher Dan Evans and fierce outlaw Ben Wade. The relationship is really fascinating, but takes a hit during an abrupt change of character in the third act that is completely unnecessary. It's not enough to truly ruin the film, but it definitely makes an impression.

Evans and Wade are played by Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, respectively, and they're expectedly great coming from such talent: in particular, their banter back and forth really drives the film. Logan Lerman does solid work in a supporting role, and Ben Foster nearly steals the show with a delightfully crazy performance. Director James Mangold really seems to understand the western, as he nails the atmosphere in this one. The sets and costumes fit, and Marco Beltrami's score is subdued yet stunning.

With a few touch ups in the final act and maybe some reworked pacing, 3:10 to Yuma might be a superb western, but as it stands, it's not a bad time. At the very least, it's one of the few remakes that isn't completely horrible, which is always admirable.
½ June 8, 2016
Best western I've seen and I don't really enjoy westerns at all, I haven't seen the original so I can't compare but it's a Brilliant film from start to finish, Brilliant cast and some great action and a good ending.
June 1, 2016
Excellent movie. While I haven't seen the original, and therefore can't compare it to the original, this is still a very well-done remake, with a strong plot, thrilling action, and great performances from its cast, especially Bale and Crowe.
½ May 30, 2016
Much better than the original, because the actors are so much. The ending was changed, too, which I liked. Usually re-makes are abysmal, but this one was a refreshing change from the rule..
May 26, 2016
This is the first Western I actually enjoyed watching and want to see again. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale are outstanding!
½ May 25, 2016
Excellent western- awesome performances and a great ending
May 24, 2016
Not being a fan of western movies this movie has burrowed a special space in my heart! This is one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE movies. This movie is great, even for those who are not huge fans of western films.
May 22, 2016
Was ok for a bit, interesting to see the period, costumes, the chinese railroad builders, etc. But near the end the plot just got silly. The Ben Wade guy just murders his whole posse after they spent a week risking their lives to save him? For what? To give some rancher guy his pride back? Didn't understand how this movie ended at all.
May 11, 2016
Good ol western classic
April 28, 2016
The best western since Serenity
April 24, 2016
I have not seen the original, so there is no question of comparison. But this movie has taken me by pleasant surprise for it's powerful performances and breakneck speed for a western. Crowe looks very charismatic as required, would have been a masterpiece in my list had there been more mind games between the main protagonists.