3:10 to Yuma - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3:10 to Yuma Reviews

November 25, 2017
I hate cowboy movies but this was a great story.
November 2, 2017
3:10 To Yuma: A western masterpeice. 3:10 To Yuma is fast paced, well acted, vehemently directed and thoroughly entertaining.
½ October 16, 2017
One of the best of the more recent westerns. Enjoyed it more than the original
October 8, 2017
Instantly one of my favorite movies let alone favorite western. The cohesiveness between Bale and Crowe makes for a truly immersive experience to the viewer. They could not have castes the film any better, all the feels from Bale's character, trying to show his son what's right and provide for his family. Crowe's character who is "bad" but has some good in him, then the character Charlie, the true outlaw.
½ September 28, 2017
Plot is ridiculous and makes no sense, literally and figuratively
September 21, 2017
more westerns need to be made like this one
September 11, 2017
This movie started off slow, but it got much better as it went on. The ending was a bit of a killjoy, but overall this movie is decent. Not one of the best westerns, but certainly one worth checking out if you like the genre.
½ August 17, 2017
I watched this movie with my flatmates and we were bitterly disappointed. We enjoyed the beginning and the beautiful scenery the movie shows again and again. The Set has been carefully selected and felt real. We all felt the music supported the movie very well (one of us writes music for movies for a living). Also we liked the Acting and the developing Relationship between Crowe, Bale&Son. All in all very good BUT The Story line is completely implausable.

The twists and turns the movie takes are far-fetched and you cannot relate to the decisions the main characters makes. There are so many (too many) situations where we could not enjoy the movie just because its so implausable people would behave that way...

Example:

1.)
As a traindriver would you make a halt at a station when you hear there is a gunfight in the city?
If Yes: Would you still halt there if all the rifles are pointed directly at your station?
If Yes: Would you still stand there if they are shooting at your train?
If Yes: You should not be a traindriver....

2.)
As a laborer who has to load boxes onto a train. If your trainstation is surrounded and everyone is pointing their rifles at your direction and obviously there will be a major shootout any second from now. Would you:

a) fear for your life, hide and hope you don't get shot
b) think its more important to put these boxes onto the train right now!

3.)
As a guard of one of the most feared criminals in the US. Hunted by his Gang and deep in territory of the Apache tribe known for killing all intruders. At night would you:

a) stay as invisible as possible
b) light up a major campfire to warm yourself up a bit.

It's the little things I wrote here - and there are a lot more of them. They make the movie unrelatable - especially because the Story line is super strange as well. The ending is weird, out of this world, complete fantasy and a culmination of all the bad things in this movie.
August 14, 2017
Might take a more action-oriented route than most westerns before, but it still is able to achieve most of the high points from the original and is able to echo the more gritty, violent aspects of the modern western soundly.
½ July 14, 2017
in short , lots of guns and emotions
July 7, 2017
russel and chris were a good team in that movie
½ July 5, 2017
This is a good western that showcases some high-quality performances. The story is simple enough and I got on board with it quickly. I enjoyed the complexity of both of the main characters and thought their exchanges in dialogue was always interesting. The movie does have some pacing issues and can be pretty slow in places. However, the finale is a truly enjoyable one and one that truly resonates. I'm not personally the biggest fan of the western genre, but I do feel this is probably one of the better ones I've seen.
June 6, 2017
3:10 to Yuma is quietly one of the best western re-makes around. I would say it is the best western I've seen. Crowe and Bale both dig into their roles and make this movie fun to watch.
½ May 27, 2017
Living according to the law, living according to be unlawful. Those caught in the middle living by and by, have another living they have abide, follow, that's dignity. Out in the west, it's kill or be killed, unless you have a little dignity as a unlawful legend. Dignity is only for those whom make us who we are. Other dignity we see immediately in others whom we idealize, whether a respectable family man. Regardless, you the fastest gun slinger out here, you make the rules once old rules are broken. Out here your known by your family, your known by whose shoes you have walked in, whose shoes you are going to walk in, and whose shoes you knocked right off their foot. Your legacy remains, cause you survived, stayed out of trouble, danger, kept your nose clean. Some legacy remains when your good at what you do, and your more dirtier then what your family proceeds you. Some legacy dies when you get mixed up in it.
We follow this group, when it leads us to riches, has the greatest mind to plan a job, can follow what's right and mix it with what's wrong, and justify that the cause is justified. Not all unlawful man have the blood thirst, just good man, doing right, that follow the wrong path when cruel life's fate takes a wrongful turn.
There is more to the unlawful man then meets the eye. You never know what will turn up with every path we cross.
"Come to wake some snakes"
Living life according to dignity, getting paid for honest days work. Accepting payment from a dishonest man for being honest to you, is only fair between you too, but not when you have moral code to follow for the town and law (Wrong Legends & Rightful heroes). Your town is filled with law man, that you can't cheat.
We all live according to some moral code, a man whom defends his family's honour, providing for their family, and some being loyal and following the right path. Sometimes those whom are good, and don't follow their word or yours and are disloyal and not listening, you cant help but being honest to others and dishonest to those who are dishonest (God & Man).
Whatever we follow in this God forsaken town, whether it's laws, codes, money, morality, it's always comes down to life or death. What we consider justice, we take in our own hands, trial, or something unforseeable.

Some paths we take for money more harder to earn then others. whether these paths are moral or immoral, it gets even crueller in every town you go. When we live according to some dignity in towns where ungodly ways are bred, where undignified men live we live according to a life we know, born into, can't help ourselves bu t fall victim to temptation. When being in the wrong place and time can either be life or death, it can be rewarding and unrewarding. We don't know what dangers loom, some more familiar with the dangers, as they live among them their whole life, living according to a dignified life is harder to comeby.
When dignity is no longer an option, and we do everything for money when we are desperate, pays for our life town to town, pays for lifestyle, pays for loyalty, pays for our way out of prison, we live according to a life that made us the legend we are, and the victims it has claimed. When dignity is insignificant, when we have revenge on our mind to care. When we can talk our way through anything, charms, wit, knowledge and it's insignificant, when we have rewards to think about. When we go from town to town, we have law and order to abide to, that makes it peaceful for a reason, that no money, no life, no reason matters when we must uphold what our duty is. We don't always know what we get into, or what dangers lurk from town to town, when different paths come through those doors all the time, and time is money, when we got business on our mind. When living according to dignity doesn't matter when we got an army or out numbered, out gunned and all that matters is living.
When no duty is worth our life, and we are playing the Devils hand and gambling with our life. There is nothing we live according to when your faced with death, and all you have to do is be just like the thing your not. When living according to the gun, there is no dignity in the lives we have taken, for the actions we have done, when we live according to something deeper, the love for your family, being known for something that puts his family on the right path to something greater then a child of a someone whom has to settle for less, that one last sense of dignity that puts those shame to rest from town to town, and you can live either for your family, or live in your children.

When we have to live according to something we follow, but not by its teachings, but as a reminder when life changed and went all wrong. When we had to decide which path to take on our own.

When we can't change what we have done, and correct what we did wrong, but we have a chance to do what's right, because we see eye to eye on one thing that is good in our life whether it's a good man having to die for his family when the government, people and a unlawful man is responsible for when everything went wrong in his life to take his life.
When the last bit of dignity we have to follow is putting everything back as right, living the life we are intended to live, paying for the life we lived from the lives we have taken, and earning the life we worked hard for because someone handed his life unto us. The one right path we cross in our entire life we restore ones dignity.

Or is giving back worth it, when your undignified your whole life to put a stop to it. When in the it is what we do our entire life that catches up with us. If we live according to life from town to town, we live on, our legend lives on, we never pay, and we live the life we intended because we did it on our own thanks to some helpful chumps along the way. Who is watching us, when there is no god, no man, no law, rule, code, money, family, life that holds us down or stops us when we are just that damn good.
½ May 17, 2017
A worthy western in style and story.
April 21, 2017
This was such a brilliant film. I enjoyed it through and through. Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were inspiring. I have always found Logan Lerman to be such a talented young actor and he has proved himself once again in this film. All in all, it well worth seeing.
½ April 10, 2017
All the elements of a solid movie were here: great characters, acting, cinematography, story, and suspense. Total shame, then, that the Ben Wade character becomes so inconsistent and unbelievable at the climax.
March 16, 2017
Fantasic movie, Bale and Crowe were both awesome as was Alan Tudyk.
February 17, 2017
An engaging western that has two great performances from both Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, even though it sticks too closely to the mold of previous westerns.