3:10 to Yuma - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3:10 to Yuma Reviews

½ October 22, 2016
Absolutely gorgeous and brutal western.
½ October 4, 2016
Nothing interesting to keep us move.
½ October 3, 2016
4.5/5. A really excellent western with outstanding performances all around. The train itself isn't in the film much, and I was really hoping for an action scene involving the train, but apart from that, 3:10 to Yuma delivers more than one would expect.
October 1, 2016
It is extremely rare that any remake in American cinema is as good as the original but this can be said for this updated version of the classic western from 1957 which starred Glenn Ford and Van Heflin.

Here, Christian Bale gives a very good performance in his role as Dan Evans, a hard-up rancher trying to earn money and his family's respect by escorting an outlaw (Russell Crowe) on his way to jail. Crowe is also good in his role as Ben Wade, the man who terrorizes 1800s Arizona until he is captured.

The direction from James Mangold (his first film since the absolutely superb Walk the Line) is very good because he keeps a tense atmosphere going from start to finish and also allows good action sequences, some of these are well-filmed and there is excellent cinematography to be provided thanks to the glorious sunny weather. The script is well written by Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Halsted Welles because it makes the story easy to follow.

Some of the violence can be a little uncomfortable to view in places but this is part of the story so therefore it has to be included. Westerns are now quite rare on the screen so it does create anticipation when they appear, unlike the Golden Age of Hollywood.

This western remake is one that is enjoyable as the original because it works very well due to the gripping action sequences and the terrific performances from Bale and Crowe. Mangold can be very proud of himself.
September 20, 2016
good movie to watch!!
September 19, 2016
Best all around movie I've ever seen!
September 6, 2016
Very good Western led by great Russell Crowe and Christian Bale performances
August 18, 2016
am not normally a fan of westerns but this was very entertaining
August 7, 2016
Great film with fantastic acting and sharp directing. Better than the original, that's for sure.
August 3, 2016
Well made western ,Crowe and Bale are top form ,well acted ,lot of action ,
One complaint wierd ending
But overall enjoyable movie
½ July 29, 2016
Very good in many ways, but the psychological groundwork behind Wade's final sequence of choices - needed far more work imo. And it's a key feature.
July 24, 2016
With good performances from both Russel Crowe and Christian Bale, 3:10 to Yuma succeeds in being a fun, classic-esque western.
July 24, 2016
some serious acting and character study without a plot or dialogue which can hold your attention for the entire run-time.
July 19, 2016
A fine remake. I'm a sucker for a good Western, and yes, I actually thought this was better than the original.
July 4, 2016
I love this movie! Two hotties, Russell Crowe & Christian Bale cowboying it out, love. Russell Crowe played an amazing asshole, fantastic gun fights, love, love, love
July 2, 2016
One of the best westerns I've seen in awhile!
June 29, 2016
A clever and witty new age western, with a unique plot and a great cast, 3:10 to yuma wins impressively in my book.
June 29, 2016
Good remake. Bale and Crowe shine
½ June 22, 2016
There's not a lot of originality, bit there's plenty of good old western atmosphere and action.
June 20, 2016
Terrific remake of one of the greatest western movies.