5x2 Reviews

• Mar 28, 2016

One of the worst movies I have ever watched. They were both miserable from start to finish. What is with the infidelity? I hear that is a very French thing? It was a complete turn-off in my opinion. Not true love. Not anything, just a sad sad story.

• Aug 24, 2015

Not the real love, just a fear of not being with someone! ......

Not the real love, just a fear of not being with someone! ......

• May 03, 2014

La photo est superbe, mais on apprend bien peu de choses du couple que l'on suit pendant 80 minutes.

• Apr 08, 2014

no where near as engaging and profound as Scenes From a Marriage, though some scenes are worthy of merit.

• Oct 07, 2013

Early scenes are disturbing and fascinating, unfortunately it becomes less interesting as it goes along. The husband is one of the biggest cunts I've ever seen in a movie.

• Jul 15, 2013

The title of François Ozon's nuanced relationship drama "5x2" refers to five episodes that make up the movie, all presenting a key moment in the romantic relationship of Marion and Gilles, a married couple, "2". The episodes are told in reverse chronological order, beginning with an immensely uncomfortable scene where the couple is divorcing, ultimately ending up in bed for an intercourse so loveless that it looks for all intents and purposes like a rape. Very similar to an episode of Ingmar Bergman's brilliant series "Skener ur ett äktenskap" from the 70s. Similarities between Bergman's masterpiece and Ozon's creation don't end there; "5x2" has just the kind of intensity, honesty and rawness combined with poignant analysis that makes "Skener" such a classic. Ozon plays homage to that predecessor repeatedly throughout "5x2". A whole universe of storytelling can be fitted within an intimate relationship, a fact which is constantly being overlooked in predigested mainstream cinema. Ozon engulfs us in the troubled entity that is Marion & Gilles, almost making us drown in its dysfunctionalities. This movie is basically an antiromance, but it's a thoughtful, wise and seemingly realistic one. It showcases the damage that results when two strong individuals reach a deep level of intimacy and their identities collide, but its as much about the characters separately as its about their union. "5x2" is a film with layers and gray areas. One that resonates psychologically and exposes restrictive gender roles shamelessly. It analyzes problems with resolving sexual yearning and the longing for intimacy through a volatile institution in turmoil without offering easy answers or sermons. A human consciousness is a complex system. Trying to make two of them work together is a chaos, for better or for worse.

• Feb 15, 2013

The cruel reality, the cruel relationship. 15,Feb 2013 @ home

The cruel reality, the cruel relationship. 15,Feb 2013 @ home

• May 11, 2012

beautiful scene--->'Sparring partner' Paolo conte

beautiful scene--->'Sparring partner' Paolo conte

• Mar 04, 2012

An interesting idea, but the sequences are too far apart to feel the full impact.

• Mar 04, 2012