A Dog's Way Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Dog's Way Home Reviews

March 23, 2019
Charming and family-friendly, although we've seen this story on the Big Screen before.
½ March 23, 2019
Well-intended by its heartful message of togetherness, but A Dog's Way home takes liberties by going to far with its already far fetched plot of dogs who can travel long-distances and have relationships with mountain lions.
March 23, 2019
I believe this movie was one of the best y(TM)all crazy if u think it was bad literally the best movie I(TM)ve ever seen yeah there(TM)s sad parts with the bobcat but it was a really good movie 20/5
½ March 20, 2019
SPOILERS: It had some moments that I wondered, why is this in here. I 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)d say they could cut the run time by 10 if they got rid of some useless minute long sections. A good example of this is the people and dogs you meet after a man get trapped in an avalanche. They serve no perpouse other than to make it long enough to be a movie. It also had some plot holes. Why if this dog could speak English could it not understand some basic language like GO HOME. If it did not understand why it was going on the adventure then it could not narrate the story. It was a good enjoyable film though. Sad and dark. It had great moments and made me real sad. It reminds me of leaving people behind. Even if you grew apart if still hurts no matter how long it 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s been that you don 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t talk to someone anymore. Bella leaves lots of people behind in the movie. It 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s well acted and well done. It 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s enjoyable and sweet though sometimes relies to heavily on cgi for the animals. That makes sense for the cougar and wolves but why use cgi in some of the shots of cats and Bella. 1 shot was of a bald eagle and the top shot was cgi but bottom was not. Sometimes characters would switch from cgi to not cgi in 2 shots next to each other. This just anoys me when movies do this
½ March 18, 2019
Cute feel good dog movie with weak left leaning story line wich include nonsensical subplots about saving cats from a condemned building needing to demolished. Homosexual couple in movie was innocent enough but highlights the lefts attempt to indoctrinate children with the normality of homosexuality as 20% of the culture when in reality the statistic is closer to 2%. Attempts to focus at emotional heart strings were fine but made the plot lack substance.
½ March 16, 2019
This movie succeeds with the animal aspects. Whenever humans get involved it just falls apart. I think this film would be better if it was just a relationship between Lucas, Bella, and the cat.
March 12, 2019
Absolutely amazing, highly suggest watching. Although kinda sad some parts find a way to make you cry tears of joy. There was one scene that just completely had no use but the rest of the movie was amazing and I can't wait to watch it again ~?
March 10, 2019
I don't like dogs.
½ March 9, 2019
Well since they showed the whole movie in the trailer, I wasted $5 at the discount movie theater in my town for nothing.
½ March 9, 2019
Mis huellas a casa es un drama familiar de carga liviana que se sumerge en en fantasia aburrida y de poco impacto, llega a ser entretenida y nostalgica.
½ March 9, 2019
It's a great animal show. That is as much as I can say for it. If you love animals, you will probably like it even more? Objectively as a movie, I would give 25/100 but knowing how difficult it is to work with animal actors, I would give it a 75/100. That's how the 2.5 stars is given in my opinion.
March 5, 2019
Dog lovers might find some enjoyment in this movie. The dog was actually sweet too however the human actors only appeared to be there for the paycheck. And there's laughably bad CGI on a leopard.
March 4, 2019
Though I am glad the movie taught me about the pitbull issues occurring legally, the dog caused 80% of the problems that occurred to it
March 3, 2019
I was engaged from beginning to end. Perhaps because I didn't have high expectations prior to the movie, so it exceeded my expectations with the range of issues it explored in the movie. Bella has to take on the role of a mother to a motherless cougar cub, find food on the streets, fend for itself against aggressive wolves, among others. I learnt a lot about animal behaviour through this movie, a feature that will appeal to kids as well. A feel-good film about how one will eventually find its way home as long as he goes through thick and thin readily and never loses sight of his goal, never gives up
½ February 27, 2019
La historia es demasiada simple, se siente repetitiva, pero es entretenida y es muy cariñosa la pelicula, y hay momentos emotivos, y desgraciadamente senti que los efectos especiales son demasiado malos ya que no se sentia el tono natural con los ambientes, y se notaba robotico los animales falsos, pero te mantiene entretenido desde el inicio, por que lo que vi de intermedio de la pelicula me empezaba a aburrir, pero el final si toma el hilo y llama la atencion...
February 26, 2019
i want to see this movie...i just lost my pet 3 days back and i am in grief....
February 25, 2019
Fun-loving Bella is wrongly accused of being a vicious pit bull and banished from her home town. Removed from her human family, she battles beasts and nature to find her way home. This is a charming family film, though it suffers from a few logical gaps and cartoonish villains. There are a few intense and depressing moments that might give younger audience members pause. Still, dog lovers will enjoy the journey.
½ February 25, 2019
Once again proving she is the least talented of the judd family
February 23, 2019