A Dog's Way Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Dog's Way Home Reviews

January 18, 2019
As a dog owner I enjoyed the movie, however the CGI were terrible, come on it's 2019 I could have made Big Kitten look more realistic on my Mac at home. The scene where they were sliding on the ice was embarrasing.
January 18, 2019
I will never look at a dog quite the same way.
If you're a dog lover, go see this movie. If you're not, you will be. I loved "A Dog's Way Home," the story of Bella (voiced by Bryce Dallas Howard), a rescue dog, who through the back-room workings of a classic bad guy, is taken from its owners. Bella is lovingly transported 400 miles away for her protection. But yearning for her person, Bella embarks on a long, difficult journey to "go home" to her people: college student Lucas (Jonah Hauer-King), his mom (Ashley Judd), and others, including a group of grateful veterans who have gotten to know and love Bella.
I found the acting (training) of the animals in this movie quite remarkable, as were the lessons of love shown through the hardships and realities of our many broken veterans hidden away in rehabs or on the streets. Whether it's the harsh, sometimes terrifying, and moving scenes in the woods - or on the highway - the loveable, loyal pup Bella carries this film to its heartwarming and victorious conclusion. There's a fair amount of white-knuckling to go around in what I thought would be a Disney-ish kids-only movie. In fact, this Grandma recommends a simple "It's just a movie" and some extra popcorn from parents who are inclined to take younger children to see it. But the underlying and important themes of love and justice make this film more meaningful than a walk in the Mickey-Mouse park.
January 18, 2019
Enjoyed the movie it was a great feel good movie.
January 18, 2019
I loved it it was an emotional movie all the way through
January 18, 2019
This movie was a good movie and I love movies like this! This movie is good for kids and the whole family too.
January 18, 2019
loved the book and the movie did not disappoint. Great casting and filming. Took us on an emotional roller coaster but we really enjoyed it. Reminds us that dogs as so loyal to their persons and we should be as loyal to them.
January 18, 2019
A beautiful movie with powerful message on the ill-advised laws in some places banning certain breeds of dogs. Anyone who loves animals will enjoy this movie....bring your tissues! I hope people realize that PETA supports killing all Pitties and are responsible for killing thousands of dogs/cats/puppies/kittens every year (they've even been prosecuted for stealing people's pets - google Maya)....support your local no-kill shelters...do not support PETA!
½ January 17, 2019
Dont waste your money. ItÔ(TM)s
really a social justice movie with political and subliminal messages aimed at your children and cleverly disguised as a warm Dog movie. It lacked in plot, pallid acting at best. Ashley Judd looks like her face is full of Botox and filler. It is another poorly written Hollywood film with an agenda aimed at telling you and your kids how to think. The dog though gets 5 stars.
January 17, 2019
the movie its a amazing story, have great performances and voices also its well directed by charles martin smith
½ January 17, 2019
I did not enjoy this movie. I forced myself to watch it to the end. Only to be more disappointed by subjecting myself to relationship behaviors I don't
support. I support and love all people. I may not agree with their live style choices. But I can relate to people all people in someplace or area. I would never have gone to this move. But I went because I was ask to go by someone I highly respect. I'm not a big fan of dogs or cats for pets. So I would tell people don't go to this movie. It was poor entertainment with added subliminal messages. I left this movie feeling very disappointed and sad because I wasted my time and money.
½ January 16, 2019
Could've been better without the grating sound of Bryce Dallas Howard's voice as that of the dog. Horrible CGI effects. Writing is laughably shallow. Social issues oversimplified to the point of being almost comical, except none of it is funny. Too depressing to be good for kids and an overall waste of time.
January 16, 2019
This is an excellent movie I left the theater crying happy tears this movie does not have a dull moment. I love this movie!
January 16, 2019
If there is a template, and sometimes that word is chided by artists, actors and musicians alike; But it's worked for Black Sabbath, George Strait, The Stones etc etc. If there is a DYNASTY in the making of 'Dog Based Movies' then Cathryn Michon and W. Bruce Cameron have perfected it. This movie is more than just about loyalty and the love a dog has for its family. It´┐ 1/2 1/2(TM)s not a tepid approach to the ugliness of reality, you can feel how Bella´┐ 1/2 1/2(TM)s struggles relate to many of our own experiences in life. The movie has a great story and protagonist, along with astute social awareness and a direct message to the audience. From the price our veterans pay for protecting our freedoms, to the Homeless (Eddie Olmos THROW IT UP East Los ´┐ 1/2 1/2~) person that finds kinship with a stray (Bella). This is what America is, and should be. All facets, different lives, colors, situations, and yes even the ugliness of humans destroying our wildlife for selfies and ego. Cathryn and Bruce have made a DYNASTY that is sure to last, and I for one support their future projects and collaborative message of acceptance, inclusion, loyalty, empathy, rescue, FAMILY.
January 16, 2019
If there is a template, and sometimes that word is chided by artists, actors and musicians alike; But it's worked for Black Sabbath, George Strait, The Stones etc etc. If there is a DYNASTY in the making of 'Dog Based Movies' then Cathryn Michon and W. Bruce Cameron have perfected it. This movie is more than just about loyalty and the love a dog has for its family. It´┐ 1/2(TM)s not a tepid approach to the ugliness of reality, you can feel how Bella´┐ 1/2(TM)s struggles relate to many of our own experiences in life. The movie has a great story and protagonist, along with astute social awareness and a direct message to the audience. From the price our veterans pay for protecting our freedoms, to the Homeless (Eddie Olmos THROW IT UP East Los ´┐ 1/2~) person that finds kinship with a str5ay (Bella). This is what America is, and should be. All facets, different lives, colors, situations, and yes even the ugliness of humans destroying our wildlife for selfies and ego. Cathryn and Bruce have made a DYNASTY that is sure to last, and I for one support their future projects and collaborative message of acceptance, inclusion, loyalty, empathy, rescue, FAMILY.
January 16, 2019
What a great movie! I loved it and recommend this movie for everyone to see. A truly feel good movie!
January 16, 2019
A wonderful, heart warming tale. If you love dogs, or heroics, or.hopeful tales, you must see this film.
½ January 16, 2019
It is so cute! I really really enjoyed this movie. I laughed and I cried. I love it when movies can do both. Bella dog is the best!
I love and pity them.
January 16, 2019
Too many improbable situations for my taste. Just remove all the cats! No dog travels that far whose feet still look that good. The ending was a little redeeming.
January 16, 2019
Saw with 2 friends. We really enjoyed it. Audience was laughing at Bella's antics. Any dog lover would enjoy this movie. I was concerned it might be just for kids, but that was not the case. Did a good job of pointing out problems with breed specific legislation without being preachy. Good advocate for therapy dogs for veterans with PTSD. Loved that they used CGI for scenes that might have potentially been dangerous. Definitely a good movie if you like dogs. We all need a happy ending these days. You can find it at this movie.