A Few Best Men Reviews

• Dec 01, 2018

Truly awful from start to drawn out finish. Some films should never be made.

Truly awful from start to drawn out finish. Some films should never be made.

• Aug 07, 2017

Some funny moments in this watchable predictable copy of the hangover

Some funny moments in this watchable predictable copy of the hangover

• Feb 07, 2017

Woeful - give it a miss.

Woeful - give it a miss.

• Aug 07, 2016

I feel like this movie is wildly underrated, one of the best comedy movies I've seen and an absolute laugh with friends. It's the type of movies you can whack on with a bunch of people for a movie night and just have a great time. Not only did I find the acting of Xavier Samuel great but Olivia Newton-John had a great role and the soundtrack itself was awesome.

• Mar 01, 2016

Sometimes when reviewing a film, its best to let the synopsis explain itself and when you have friends like these, who needs enemies? When English lad David (Xavier Samuel) returns home from a six month trip abroad and announces to his three hapless London roommates that he is marrying his holiday romance Mia (Laura Brent) their reaction is less than enthused. The silver lining to David's proposal is his brilliant idea to travel to his betrotheds homeland of Australia on the eve of the pending nuptials. Although feeling rather abandoned by their orphaned friend David, the resolutely single Tom (Kris Marshall), socially inept Graham (Kevin Bishop) and broken hearted Luke (Tim Draxl) loyally make the 10 and a half thousand mile trek with up-teen stopovers. Once arriving on Australian soil, the boys split up and leave David to head off with Mia to her families federation-style estate overlooking the beautiful Blue Mountains. Greeted by her uptight emotional mother Barbara (Olivia Newton-John), her cubby fake-lesbian sister Daphne (Rebel Wilson), her forcefully ambitious senator father Jim Ramme (Johnathan Biggins) and his prize winning ram, Ramsey the magnificent; David becomes worried he may be in over his head. But as Tom, Graham and Luke finally arrive; but only after making a pit-stop to semi-naked drug-dealer, Ray (Steve Le Marquand) to score a little pot for the Bachelor party, David's fears are ebbed. However, waking on the big day, David's world begins to descend into chaos. Ramsey is loose in his room, covered in make-up and wearing bra and panties, Graham is stuck in a gimp mask with a suitcase is full of drugs and Luke is threatening to commit suicide after once again speaking to his estranged girlfriend back in England who dumped him for a guy missing a vital part of the male anatomy. Best-man Tom comes to the rescue, promising to get everything sorted out and David should just worry about his vows; however things continue to go from bad to down-right dreadful. With his friends forcefully teaching him the true meaning of the phrase "for better or worse"; Can this really be the happiest day of David's life or the most painful? In similar vein to The Hangover, Director Stephan Elliott's (The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert) A Few Best Men is a wacky and crass madcap boy's comedy jammed with humours mishaps ranging from the outrageous to the down-right ridiculous. A wonderfully crafted script from Dean Craig (Death at a Funeral), this risqué and wild tale of a destination wedding gone horribly wrong simply explodes with pungently Australian visuals. From runaway floral arrangement to cocaine-filled condoms unwittingly swallowed by a sheep, the stella cast's energy is contagious and so is the cheeky rather than sordid laughs. The Verdict: Striking balance between British and Australian humour, culture clash and bro-mance, this hilarious and riotously rude comedy proves the theory that although we may hold hope 'Holiday romances are meant to end at the airport, not the altar'. A corker of a feel-good and feel-grossed out film, this movie is guaranteed to get you laughing. Published: The Queanbeyan Age Date of Publication: 03/02/2012

• Nov 12, 2015

Really fun. Will watch again.

Really fun. Will watch again.

• Aug 10, 2015

Soulless Hangover knockoff. Mildly entertaining, but overall stupid and lazy.

Soulless Hangover knockoff. Mildly entertaining, but overall stupid and lazy.

• Jun 15, 2015

Australia's version of American Pie, only w UK actors, and better. Minor plot and dialog issues, but overall its not really meant to be mindblowing- just a 80s homage to teen disaster movies.

• May 25, 2015

I thought this was pretty funny but it could have been somewhat better.

I thought this was pretty funny but it could have been somewhat better.

• May 19, 2015

Perhaps it's because I'm American, but I found this movie quite entertaining. This movie is far from being a comical masterpiece but I thought the actors were very genuine and easy to like. I didn't care much for the character Luke, but I thought Graham and Tom were a riot.