A Monster in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Monster in Paris Reviews

December 2, 2016
A charming movie with lovely music.
½ May 10, 2016
Nice Animation-thing , the big bug in a sude was entertaining . Fine but not great enough to buy .
April 26, 2016
A charming film, with an interesting cast, and a beautiful soundtrack.
February 22, 2016
very engaging, even my 3 year old Gdtr was touched when the flea was singing his sad song. All the music was great. the whole concept and execution was top notch and distinctive
February 4, 2016
One of the best films
i have watched. Wonderful music
½ January 3, 2016
A straight to dvd feature obviously. Facile storytelling and aimed at 5 years and under. The music was dire and the jeopardy in little evidence. Perhaps the story is lost in translation. Disappointing.
½ October 16, 2015
A cute and catchy little film.
½ October 13, 2015
Nothing special but the story and the animation not too cheesy and good for kids I suppose.
Cute & fun humour and upbeat songs.
Watch if there is nothing else on and you don't want to pay attention to the story too much.
½ August 23, 2015
This must have been the only international movie I seen so far. Coming from France,this touching film had great animation,characters,and songs. That monster could sing a big gig.
July 5, 2015
Fun, and quite unusual for animation. Essentially it's along the lines of classic French Gothic, taking cues from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and "The Phantom of the Opera" especially, but with an ever-so-slight pinch of Kafka's "Metamorphosis" thrown in for good measure. Different, and with some neat songs, this comes recommended from me.
½ May 8, 2015
Adorable! La musique est parfaite.
April 26, 2015
Well intentioned with no waste animated movie with some taste to Phantom of the Opera.The songs fits well to spirit of Paris in early 20th century.
March 27, 2015
A funny mix of early-cinema horror films and modern sensibilities, it's perfectly passable entertainment for anyone with kids....no reason to rush to it, though.
March 26, 2015
Un vraiment bon film francais. Les chanson sont très bonne, l'histoire est touchante. C'est un de mes films préféré!
½ February 21, 2015
GREAT STORY FOR KIDS AND A LOT OF FUN TO SEE ANIMATED COMEDY WITH FUN UP BEAT SONGS.
½ January 25, 2015
A thoughtful, inspiring, and imaginative family film that is full of wonder and surprises. It's what Ratatouille wants to be when it grows up.
January 21, 2015
The Good Part:
Bringing a somewhat "Phantom of the Opera"-like storyline to a movie intended for children is a truly wonderful feat. Decent to amazing animation for a movie that doesn't come from Hollywood.
The Bad Part:
The Parisian-style music probably doesn't work for everyone's taste. I'm not quite sold in giving Francoeur a female-esque singing voice. Can't help but wonder how gorgeous the songs would've sounded if he was given a deep male voice instead.
January 14, 2015
For not being Disney/Picard or DreamWorks, I thought this was masterfully done. It had good humor and the music was good. One for the collection
½ January 6, 2015
This movie is super strange and being a teenager I feel I am way to old for this demographic but the animation was really impressive and the story was oddly charming. I've watched it many times and it never grows old. I remember my jaw dropping while I was watching it for the first time when halfway through I realized it was about a mutant singing flee. It was very weird but I love it. I'd love more movies that were as sound as this one. It isn't hard to be original AND good!
½ December 16, 2014
Wonderful Movie!!!! =)
liked the show Lucille went and did with the flea. :)