A Quiet Place - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Quiet Place Reviews

November 18, 2018
This is such an original idea. Lots of jump-scares, great effects, strong acting throughout. I LOVED it.
November 17, 2018
Brilliant in every aspect. A must watch for horror movie, thriller movie and just a good movie overall. watch it.
½ November 17, 2018
Great direction, great writing, great acting. Very enjoyable movie.
½ November 16, 2018
As taut a thriller as it is lean, Krasinski's debut exemplifies the acousmatic horror of the ever vulnerable ear, which we can never close, and the always blind eye, which never finds what it searches for‚"that's a Lacanian reading, at least. Yet, from a more Derridean perspective, it is a family drama that illustrates the hauntological, how the traces of our past trauma dangerously, inescapably echo into the present. What is more, from a Foucauldian vantage, the film also exemplifies the modern surveillance state‚"ironically represented in a rural farm, rather than a more standard high-tech urban setting‚"here seen not as panoptic, but as panaural: The gaze can only land on one thing at a time, but the ear hears everything, the ear is always listening. That's what makes it work, despite the overall simplicity and short runtime of the piece: It has layers and depth, like a poem saying a lot in just a few words.
November 15, 2018
Loved this movie, all I can say. And I HATE horror movies. I love John Krasinski too much not to give this a shot and it was so worth it.
November 14, 2018
With real tension, effective suspense, and brilliant acting, "A Quiet Place" hooks you in from its first shot till the credits.
½ November 14, 2018
John Krazinski nails his first horror flick right out of the ball park. "A Quiet Place" is one of those rare gems that keeps your eyes (and ears) invested on the screen. It's well-written, well-shot, and, best of all, well-planned. The filmmakers, especially the sound designers, made sure that every noise and action were important for these characters to survive. A terrifying, thrilling experience that will turn into a future classic.
½ November 14, 2018
An original scifi alien invasion flick.
November 13, 2018
Great cinematography, excellent acting, a cool premise executed very well. Could benefit from showing the monsters a bit less, leaving the viewers imagination to fill in the blanks, but the emotion and story still carry the movie. The film is undeniably tense and becomes so in clever ways.
November 13, 2018
I have always known John Krasinski as a funny man... but his directorial debut is not only original( worth its weight in GOLD these days) but he really captured a great story with amazing acting, cinematography, and casting... Emily Blunt is, in my opinion, one of the greatest ever.
½ November 13, 2018
We are in a post-apolyptic world and we meet few people. Only one family actually, that tries too survive in the country as the planet is invated by some monsters with ultra sensitive hearing. The dad is teaching the kids how to survive. The lady is pregnant. They have many smart solutions to hide sound, for example they use sign language for cominucation.

This is a hide and seek game - a good one. There's a few jumpscares here, but not too frequent. The monsters are creepy but rather classic. The looks of it is nice and I dig the setting, the drama and the tension. Another nice touch is the thing with the few uttered words here. It's just 20 lines or something here - less is more I guess.

It's all right. Semi-original, with a soundtrack that is very similiar to Jóhann Jóhannsson's work, rest in peace, on Sicario. It's not the smartest film but far from the dumbest horror flick out there.

6.5 out of 10 dried corns.
½ November 12, 2018
I just saw this movie. I mean really what a waste of time. This was just a copy of the movie Mars Attacks! All that was missing was Slim Whitman singing at the end to save the world!

I wish I could get those 90 minutes of my life back!
½ November 11, 2018
Its truly baffling how this film has got any traction, its so painfully unrealistic. A cliche alien thats completely blind, with a little heightened hearing is somehow top of the food chain (completely unexplained) - where are the uzi's and submachine guns?

Dont even get me started on the weird child coffin thats apparently appropriate to rig up a new born too. Why this lot wouldnt just live on a barge on a canal is beyond me. Theres numerous white boards with stupidly obvious conclusions and no clear plans. They also frequently rustle paper, run around, smash lamps and other objects, making a racket, but a slight mumble attracts the aliens from miles away?
November 11, 2018
gripping. this is the Get Out of the year.
November 8, 2018
One of the best horror films of this generation. John Krasinksi not only did a superb job on his directing but his acting also. It's so well put together that we can't help but to feel for the characters and it's so intense and keeps you wanting more!
November 7, 2018
WOW absolutely excellent movie! Loved the plot and the acting and the way it was filmed. Had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. The ending left something to be desired but it still gets 5 stars as the rest of the movie more than made up for it.
½ November 7, 2018
Amazing!!!! Completely lived myself into the movie, incredible job!
½ November 6, 2018
This was only the third movie I walked out on in my entire life. Plot holes and corn that defies the laws of physics! Despite the apocalypse, the family has abundant fuel and electricity yet never makes a simple deathtrap for monsters that mindlessly attack any sound. Hello? Alarm clock and a candle in a pit under a tub of gasoline anyone?
Adding insult to injury, the movie ripped off the only lame part of War of the Worlds. Keep my money, but I want my time back.
November 6, 2018
Loved loved loved this movie. Talk about holding your breath. Brilliant SciFi Triller
½ November 6, 2018
A quiet place is one of the best movies of 2018 so far. Smart, dark, an thrilling. A quiet place will not disappoint. Grounded in a performance by Emily blunt, this really is the movie of its genre.