A Quiet Place - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Quiet Place Reviews

September 18, 2018
Take the title literally, folks--this is a very (shh!) quiet movie. John Krasinski (who also co-wrote and directed) stars as a husband and father faced with a frightening task: protecting his wife and kids from a marauding band of insect-like aliens who are as blind as bats but possess super-sensitive hearing; the slightest sound will send them scurrying in your direction posthaste. Most of the dialogue is subtitled--except for rare occasions, Krasinski & Co. communicate only in sign language--and there are a lot of important little details, so you'll have to pay attention. We learn nothing about where the creatures came from, or why they're here, but it doesn't matter. Nor should it be of any great concern that they seem to hear some things, but not others. (Call it selective super-hearing.) With Krasinski's real-life wife, Emily Blunt, and Noah Jupe and Millicent Simmonds as the uber-heroic kids. My advice: don't see this one alone.
September 18, 2018
Great popcorn feature but not much else.
September 18, 2018
The worst aspects of Signs and The Happening rolled into one. If you like this sort of film for the sake of it then I guess it'd work, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in the real world. I kept watching to find out if they worked it the obvious solution. No - not chucking water at them this time. There are a couple of touching moments, hence 1 star.
½ September 17, 2018
The idea of this movie had potential and the acting was good, but the entire thing felt like an unfinished idea and just ended up being boring.
½ September 17, 2018
I've never seen a movie with such little dialouge, but they really out did themselves here.
½ September 17, 2018
Seriously, though, what's all the fuss about?
½ September 17, 2018
While I'm thrilled that a suspense/horror film was so successful in the mainstream, and despite how much I adore Emily Blunt and John Krasinski (who did a great job in his directorial debut!), and despite a solid premise, there were just too many holes in the plot to land this on a best-of list for the year, let alone "all time" like the hype suggests. Absolutely still worth a watch, though!
September 16, 2018
This movie had so much potential and did absolutely nothing with it. I would say that it had a lot of plot-holes, but that would require that there was a plot in the first place. Some things happened, some more things happened, and then it was over. There was no beginning, middle, and end, no overarching goal the characters were trying to achieve other than "don't die." All in all, I loved the concept behind it but hated the actual movie.
½ September 16, 2018
the final was the biggest shit a saw in my life, sorry the dads sacrifice, really, it was only for the audience cry
September 16, 2018
This film is exceptional, plot and ideas are great, but I can't just ignore the fact that some scenes are completely plot-driven, I mean "Our house is under attack and our parents are looking for us, we need to stay quiet.. let's GO ON THE TOP OF A GIANT METALLIC SILOS, GREAT IDEA"
September 16, 2018
It's been a while since a movie has gotten into my skin and made me want to maintain as still and as silence as possible, it's raw story will keep you at the edge of your seat and the final scene is a kicker one. It's one of the best horror movies I've seen in the 2010's.
½ September 15, 2018
Yes let us all forget the fact that none of this makes any sense and all of the creatures would be eradicated day 1
½ September 15, 2018
Scary film. But very flawed premise from the get-go. What sort of people that are clearly intelligent and have learned how to survive would bring a baby into this world.
Tooo god damm slow..
September 15, 2018
HOLY SHIT!!!! So i have never written a review for a movie before. and I'm not one for scary movies......but HOLY SHIT!!! This was an AMAZING movie with a phenomenal story!!! ???? The end was just perfect too!!! A must watch!!!
September 15, 2018
Awful movie. This was on top 3 of the best horror movies according to rotten tomatoes and it was such a dissapointing film and a total waste of time. 95%? Bad taste!
½ September 15, 2018
Horror should not be boring.
½ September 14, 2018
You're silent or you're dead in this unique twist on the post-apocalypse. Stalked by blind, stick-like predators with unnaturally precise hearing, a small family struggles to carry on and make a life for themselves in an abandoned farm house. Seems like it's tough to find genuinely new, original concepts in genre film these days, but this certainly fits the bill. We've grown so accustomed to big bangs and fiery finales on the silver screen, ninety minutes of quiet stillness feels like a completely foreign experience. That near-total silence ?is efficiently played for dramatic tension, poked and prodded in inventive ways that demonstrate the lengths this family has gone to maintain normalcy (exterior doors left permanently open, sand-lined paths through the most commonly used walkways) and, occasionally, broken in a few moments of pure, unguarded terror. As gimmicks go, it's a particularly effective one, though the plot is often forced into contrived scenarios to connect its various ideas and to artificially generate extra layers of suspense. It's one of those movies where you'll facepalm over boneheaded decisions and wonder aloud how these people managed to survive for so long. In other words, it manages to both buck horror stereotypes and embrace them. The potential was there to be much better.
½ September 14, 2018
dis movie sucks.....it's not horror movie
September 14, 2018
"A Quiet Place" is a heavy thriller with a surprisingly warm heart end. With some vivid, scary and gutful moments, this film takes us to an experience never felt before at the theatre: expressive silence and tension. The acting is flawless, but the time that takes to the climax is excruciating and takes all our breaths away.