A Simple Favor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Simple Favor Reviews

½ November 10, 2018
Now I have to give props to Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick, who did spectacular jobs in this film. They both could easily play off of one another like yin and yang. Both actresses gave it their all in these roles and you can easily see that. Anna probably had the most captivating one of them all . You see her struggle to try and find her friend and at the same time be a good mom to her kid, and she just did a great job of portraying that struggle . Another thing that this movie did great were the costumes. I don't usually talk about the clothes but they had to be mentioned for this film. All of the outfits were marvelous and deserve a nomination for the costumes. They also were like characters on their own. They also helped in showing character arcs and growth, mainly for Anna Kendricks clothes. I also really liked the musical scores. It helped you understand the tension in some scenes. Now some thing that could be fixed is how the film felt like two different movies to me, and not in a good way. The first half of the film just felt really slow to me, which is understandable due to it introducing the characters, but the other half was way more interesting. The second half was more intense and had me on the edge of my seat. There is a plot twist that is very obvious about what it was going to be. In the end, "A Simple Favour" was a surprisingly enjoyable film - one that I think a lot of people would like.
November 7, 2018
An incredibly fun ride throughout. The characters, the mystery, the dialogue, the scenery. It's all incredibly fun. The third act does fall apart a bit, but ultimately things wrap-up well. Worth a watch and a re-watch
½ November 5, 2018
From the opening minutes, I was cheering for this movie to earn a 4-star rating due to its superb wittiness, but then the ending of the movie let me down...all the way down.
½ November 4, 2018
an enjoyable mystery but constandly feels a bit too similar to 'Gone Girl'
November 3, 2018
A Simple Favor is a born baby from 'Gone Girl' and 'The Girl on the Train': simply above all smart, sexy, and mind twisting. Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick's performance is entirely riveting.
November 2, 2018
I read the book a few weeks earlier. The movie makes the characters a bit more extreme but way more entertaining!
October 30, 2018
My sister-in-law took me right when it came out. I knew nothing about it but went in open-minded. I came out with my mind blown!!! The writing was perfect and the acting was superb. Anna Kendrick plays a mom who does anything and everything for her kid or anything that has to do with her kid. She's sweet and likeable. Blake Lively is not. She's rude and secretive and has one he'll of a mouth on her. She blew me away. I have never seen either of them in roles like this. The plot was great. It kept me guessing til the end. Great, Great movie. Bravo to Blake. She blew me away. I can't wait to own this movie. Also, kudos to Paul Feig for great writing and directing. (I believe he wrote it, apologies if I'm wrong) Great job all around!
Go see it!!
October 29, 2018
witty and fun. I also liked the original "Diabolique"
October 29, 2018
Really enjoyed this film. Went into it seeinng the trailer and getting strong Gone Girl resembles. Anna Kendrick along side Blake Lively make this film work as you see Anna Kendricks character change and develop from the meek single mum presented at the start. The comedy is dark and relevent to the times which elevates the central mystery presented
October 29, 2018
Absolutely loved the movie. Did not know what to expect based on previews so I knew it would be a hit or miss. Blake Lively was gorgeous and played the perfect role! It was unpredictable with dark humor! Many moments that made me think damn! It was a hit!
October 27, 2018
Best movie I've seen in a long time. Blake hit a home run, and Anna was just great. John gave a solid performance. Very well done.
½ October 27, 2018
The movie is one giant confused mess about what it is, with one of the worst and unfitting endings i've ever seen in theatre. Not recommended.
October 26, 2018
A delightful surprise. Anna Kendrick is superb. The rest of the cast also very good. A twist of a story. Highly entertaining.
October 25, 2018
The shock value is quite excessive in this one. It seems as though they thought that as long as they had these two actresses the plotline wouldn't be of much importance.
½ October 25, 2018
Paul Feig accomplishes a rather confusing yet satisfying result with A Simple Favor, which combines mystery elements with witty dry comedy. It doesn't always pay-off and some of the surprises of the plot aren't hard to figure out, but Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick are having a lot of fun tricking the audience.
October 23, 2018
This movie is fantastic. I would describe it as a comedic thriller.
October 20, 2018
More then absolutely- sleek, stylish, unique, and jaw dropping.
½ October 19, 2018
This is my first rating I've ever written on Rotten Tomatoes, but I feel I'd be doing a disservice to the public if I didn't say my piece. I rely highly on Rotten Tomatoes when choosing a movie to watch, and the current rating was a bit deceiving. I was expecting a Gone Girl-esque experience, and at times, it seemed like that what I was going to get. Somewhere along the production, they switched directions drastically. I don't know if they added the scenes in with Andrew Rannells for comic relief later, but I noticed he never had any direct interaction with Blake Lively, just saying. Just like Andrew Rannells' home state, the movie isn't for everybody. My reason for leaving this review is because I left the theater confused and my fiancÚ revoked my movie choosing privileges. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to prevent people from making the same mistake that I did.
½ October 19, 2018
Nutty and fun as hell!
October 19, 2018
At the beginning of the film i found myself really enjoying the story and very invested in the movie. However around half way through a scene with awkward comedic elements took me out of the experience. After that the film went down Hill and concluded with an ending I found didn't fit with the tone of the film