Abduction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abduction Reviews

March 10, 2018
The best possible way to judge this movie is to judge it for yourself. Don't go by all the Team Edwards-y reviews. Their statements are so ridiculous I'm absolutely convinced they reviewed the trailers and promo spots only. Notice how some of these so-called reviews don't list anything that isn't in the promos? They hate the movie because they hate Taylor, plain and simple. People can be so childish and petty.
January 1, 2018
This was a great movie! We loved it and it kept us in suspense!
September 23, 2017
The biggest problem with this film is not the acting - it's the writing. A great "action" movie with some pretty good stunts backed with a fairly brainless storyline. It's okay... but I'd like to see Lautner get some better material. MUCH better material. He did good work here - all the cast did. But the writers didn't.
September 22, 2017
Five stars hands down! Critics stop hating in Jesus Christ name!
September 6, 2017
Are these two high schoolers seriously about to have sex on this runaway train while gun-wielding murderers are after them?! Teenage hormones, I guess... This is one of the most unintentionally flippant and casual espionage thrillers ever. Who tricked theaters into showing this straight-to-DVD throwaway? Laughably serious, with an ungodly amount of zoom-ins on people's brooding faces, that shirtless werewolf actually found something as overwhelmingly stupid as Twilight to star in.
July 5, 2017
When I saw the trailer for Abduction, I thought it was a pretty cool idea, but while watching it, It was nothing more than a incompetent film. I didn't care for any of the characters, nothing seemed believable. The romance is forced. .I have seen many other movies that can do it a lot better than this movie did.
June 25, 2017
This movie "Stole" precious hours of my life and I will never get those back. Abduction is awful. It amazes me that movies like this are put into production. Don't ever watch this movie.
June 24, 2017
Taylor Lautner's acting is awful !!! But the story was interesting ...
½ May 12, 2017
This was a fairly interesting movie. It grabbed my attention from the very beginning due to the unusual lifestyle of Nathan Harper (Taylor Lautner). The undeniably awesome action scenes just made the film even better!
The simple storyline made the plot very easy to understand, though it was not very well presented, performed or directed.
½ April 27, 2017
Lazy really sums up this movie: the writing, acting, and even the editing. And occasional the dialogue is ridiculous enough to make me laugh out loud.
April 14, 2017
Good! That's niceeee
½ February 21, 2017
A good story but it needs a better lead actor in place of the never changing emotions and face of Taylor Lautner.
February 1, 2017

THANK YOU @HDTGM podcast for bringing this movie into my life!!

This gets 1 star for being SO BADLY WATCHABLE!
½ January 13, 2017
i was really interested in this film and was enjoying it throughout the first half. But then the second half dropped in my opinion and it just turned into your typical, over the top thriller
January 7, 2017
Nathan is at high school. He discovers a younger picture of himself on a missing persons register. Once he starts investigating, he is drawn into a game of intrigue involving the CIA and foreign agents, where nothing is what it seems and nobody can be trusted.

A pretty conventional action-drama. Has a degree of intrigue but this just feels contrived and implausible. Plot develops in random, get-to-the-next-action-scene fashion, meaning that not much makes sense after a while.

Cast should be a give away that this wasn't going to be anything more than a weak teen-orientated fluff piece. While we do have the gravitas of such great performers as Sigourney Weaver and Alfred Molina, we also have the talentless Taylor Lautner in the lead role. Clearly just there for his muscles and to get the moronic Twilight fans to watch the movie, he really doesn't help the movie. What little credibility it had disappeared once he was cast and he lives up to the reputation, giving a very wooden performance.

Lily Collins plays the love interest and puts in a solid performance, especially considering the (weak) material she had to work with.

Sad that John Singleton's career has come to this. Considering that he directed Boyz n the Hood and Higher Learning, two great social commentaries, this movie is truly beneath him.
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 15, 2016
Slow moving. Missing something.
November 10, 2016
I saw this movie on two on demand and loved it but then they took it off which made me mad so I've been looking for it everywhere and found it.
November 2, 2016
I love the actors and actresses I loved the the storyline my favorite movie.
September 18, 2016