Abduction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abduction Reviews

½ February 21, 2017
A good story but it needs a better lead actor in place of the never changing emotions and face of Taylor Lautner.
February 1, 2017
O...M...G!!!

Such a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE movie.

THANK YOU @HDTGM podcast for bringing this movie into my life!!

This gets 1 star for being SO BADLY WATCHABLE!
½ January 13, 2017
i was really interested in this film and was enjoying it throughout the first half. But then the second half dropped in my opinion and it just turned into your typical, over the top thriller
January 7, 2017
Nathan is at high school. He discovers a younger picture of himself on a missing persons register. Once he starts investigating, he is drawn into a game of intrigue involving the CIA and foreign agents, where nothing is what it seems and nobody can be trusted.

A pretty conventional action-drama. Has a degree of intrigue but this just feels contrived and implausible. Plot develops in random, get-to-the-next-action-scene fashion, meaning that not much makes sense after a while.

Cast should be a give away that this wasn't going to be anything more than a weak teen-orientated fluff piece. While we do have the gravitas of such great performers as Sigourney Weaver and Alfred Molina, we also have the talentless Taylor Lautner in the lead role. Clearly just there for his muscles and to get the moronic Twilight fans to watch the movie, he really doesn't help the movie. What little credibility it had disappeared once he was cast and he lives up to the reputation, giving a very wooden performance.

Lily Collins plays the love interest and puts in a solid performance, especially considering the (weak) material she had to work with.

Sad that John Singleton's career has come to this. Considering that he directed Boyz n the Hood and Higher Learning, two great social commentaries, this movie is truly beneath him.
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 15, 2016
Slow moving. Missing something.
November 10, 2016
I saw this movie on two on demand and loved it but then they took it off which made me mad so I've been looking for it everywhere and found it.
November 2, 2016
I love the actors and actresses I loved the the storyline my favorite movie.
September 18, 2016
The plot was terrible and so was the script, but it was still cute <3
September 4, 2016
As Jeremy Jahns once said, "this is Enemy of the State, in high school, on the CW network, 'remember that time when you didn't ask me out?' And not even as good as that." That pretty much sums up this movie in a nutshell!
August 12, 2016
I am honestly completely offended at all the negative comments towards this complete masterpiece of a movie. The only thing able to draw my attention from Taylor Lautner's slammin' abs was his incredible ability to perform. I was enamored by this movie and it will forever be in my top ten.
August 12, 2016
A masterpiece that is perfect in every way. Nothing could possibly be improved on this once in a lifetime perfect movie-going experience. ABduction earns a 6 out of 6-pack from this movie-goer!
½ August 2, 2016
While I don't believe it to be totally beyond saving, an angry Taylor Lautner, convoluted plot and a certain degree of incompetence leaves many viewers wondering what on earth happened and very few finding pleasure withing its many flaws; by no means the best work of anybody who collaborated with it.
Verdict: D+
July 21, 2016
Nobody got abducted. Action was lame. Boring. Skip this snoozefest.
July 11, 2016
2.0/10
This movie "Stole" precious hours of my life and I will never get those back. Abduction is awful. It amazes me that movies like this are put into production. Don't ever watch this movie.
June 3, 2016
Abduction is a disappointing film. It is about a young man who sets out to uncover the truth about his life after finding his baby photo on a missing persons website. Taylor Lautner and Lily Collins give horrible performances. The script is badly written. John Singleton did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ May 8, 2016
2016-05-08 not bad, why rated so low?
April 19, 2016
Taylor lautner is a really great actor and I really get upset when I see rotten tomatoes about his films...this is not really fair
March 18, 2016
John Singleton started out as a great young voice in black cinema and now he couldn't direct a good movie if the universe depended on it. I wish I could throw all the blame at Lautner for his hammy acting proving outside of Twilight he is still a shitty actor. Everything except for the cast screamed B-action movie. If it was that I could easily have enjoyed this better. Because at least a B-action movie knows what it is. This is just Bourne but for brainless Snooki fans. The set pieces are just as ludicrous, asking the viewer to buy into the movie too much when we have not been given any reason to engage with the plot in the first place. The plot holes are often showing a world where stitches are gone the very next day and calling 911 on a payphone you are actually talking to the CIA. And a 17 year old can beat up a seasoned trained assassin. General flaws in logic and realism are other aspects that can be attributed to this type of movie without having them become a major concern. Often, we tend to overlook moments which would result in serious injury for the hero in real life simply because he's just that, a hero. I'm also willing to pass these moments off, but in Abduction they occur so often, and on such a noticeable scale that they severely detract from any engagement with the film that could be developed as it progresses. How they got such a great supporting cast is beyond me. I can understand Lautner and Collins being in this. But none of the others. Singleton you are better then this tripe.
½ March 13, 2016
This movie was basically Jason Bourne Jr.