Above the Rim Reviews

• Sep 07, 2019

I love this movie tupac was a great actor

I love this movie tupac was a great actor

• Mar 25, 2019

Duane, Martin, Marlon Wayans, Bernie Mac, and Tupac Shakkur a sports-drama about a rising athletic youth torn between his family loyalties and his aspiration for sports directed by Jeff Pollack this was part of the 90's black film renaissance surrounding the drug culture, the violence, and inner-city racial tensions Kyle Lee Watson has two brothers and his mother; he's a basketball student hoping to win a scholarship to help his mother's expenses two of his siblings live in different worlds, Shep is a security guard at the school and the other is Birdie living in the streets of crime and drugs Kyle wants to make it big but his attitude gets him in more trouble than one would expect, yet Shep may be the one person to push him to be better even after he himself gave up his life-long dream in basketball problem is that Birdie may have Kyle wrapped around his finger too tightly so it makes one wonder which team is he actually playing for the film works as a drama, a sports film, and making hip-hop more mainstream a very slick soundtrack, too with Snoop Dogg and Tupac himself it's very short but says a lot about playing the game, knowing the game, and being a team player not just in basketball but for our loved ones as well we can't erase what we were, does having a team make us more successful in the game?, people move past the things they're running towards or they stop altogether, do we owe others anything for future success or just ourselves, who's team are we actually playing for in life?

• Nov 20, 2018

quite possibly my favorite movie ever.

quite possibly my favorite movie ever.

• Feb 02, 2016

wish I could put more than 5 stars

wish I could put more than 5 stars

• Jun 26, 2015

2pacs great the movie isn't. 1 star for him

2pacs great the movie isn't. 1 star for him

• Apr 05, 2015

This is one great movie, and I can't wait to watch it again for the 100th time.

This is one great movie, and I can't wait to watch it again for the 100th time.

• Jan 08, 2015

Loved the music in the movie, and the performance by Shakur. The movie has been done before but it has a hip hop edge to it... It's your basic good vs bad, with basketball invovled. Bad guy gone straight being influenced by the gang banger who wants him to do bad things...

• Sep 14, 2014

sloppily edited but good movie about a neive basketball bound kid who gets caught in a gang web honestly I liked it its on par with other early 90s black crime dramas but the stupidity of the main character makes me scratch my head and this film is sloppily edited but this is a good educational watch

• Aug 16, 2014

Formulaic but entertaining urban drama driven by Tupac's small yet formidable presence

• Aug 07, 2014