Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Reviews

½ February 24, 2017
It's got a ton of style and was far more competent than I would have ever expected but the bizarre and silly premise is taken far too seriously.
February 19, 2017
As a totally unapologetic no holds barred ridiculous action packed fantasy historical film it was ludicrous fun and a dizzying high as long as you leave expectation and rationality behind. It was as much fun as a huge serving of cotton candy. I have to say I love bad ass Abe with the axe.
½ February 5, 2017
Abraham lincoln vampire hunter if you just read the name of the movie u think it will be a Crap B movie that just SUCKS. If u watch the movie how ever u will see that its a realy good movie the premise of the movie is the title of the movie sound stupid but they make it work and i never heard of anyone who seen the movie that said its bad. i was quite shockt when i saw that it had 35% of criteces and 50% of audience on here. i feel like ppl just coulden t get over the Lincoln as a vampire part and didnt bother to see the whole movie its worth your time just trust me watch the movie.
January 14, 2017
I thought it was pretty amazing, actually. Cool story, excellent effects. It's not going to be 100% true to history, obviously, but it was better than I expected it to be. Mary Todd Lincoln and Harriet Tubman were awesome female leads. Henry and Will were great sidekicks for Lincoln. Lincoln kicked ass, especially with that axe! I also love how they threw in a Linkin Park song.
January 3, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ January 1, 2017
Whoever had the idea to mix zombies and Abraham Lincoln deserves recognition but the lack of cinema knowledge here feels awkard.
December 30, 2016
I LOOOOVED this movie! I went in expecting it to be great and it did't disappoint. Int he film, Lincoln and Mary's chemistry seemed genuine! Walker, Cooper, and Winstead were all fantastic! One of my favorites!!!
December 6, 2016
This is actually the first vampire film that I've watched from beginning to end, and I remember that I said it was decent, but not the best vampire film I have seen even though it's the first vampire movie. I didn't understand why at the time, but when I saw it on TV, not only did I understand why, but it kind of downgraded my opinion from decent to all right. Even though the premise is ridiculous, I can't help but give credit to the filmmakers for doing something that's new, even though it's based on a book. The screenplay by Seth-Grahame-Smith, who also did the book, is all right, nothing special. The action is pretty good, but most of them look off. The scares are not effective, and the plot has been done before. The twists in here are very predictable, one of the villains could've been better. While the make-up on Abraham Lincoln is pretty good, but the make-up on Mary Todd looks laughably bad. Some of the characters could've been handled better and the film gets silly ah the end. There's some good thrills, but it doesn't matter as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter could've been better, but the execution of it was subpar.
November 25, 2016
Have read the book -anxiously awaiting the movie!
November 13, 2016
Entertaining adaption of a fun book.
November 5, 2016
Despite it's inane title, it's actually quite and entertaining and good movie. Although it does take it self way too seriously and there's a dreadful overuse of CGI, which wasn't always pulled off perfectly, it still a fun flick with plenty of great actors and action sequences. But not to be confused with Abraham Lincoln vs. zombies, which is apparently really shitty. Recommended !!
September 19, 2016
I don't know what I expected to be honest but this is very meh.... Hope the book is better.
September 3, 2016
I now accept this as actual history.
August 31, 2016
A must see action adventure led by a great performance by Benjamin Walker!
August 16, 2016
Produced by Tim Burton and directed by Timur Bekmambetov best known for the action flick 'Wanted' and who also happens to be helming the Ben-Hur remake. Visually well done but lacking pretty much in everything else.
August 15, 2016
The title says it all. If you go into this movie expecting some realistic journey of Abraham Lincoln and his reign you're going into this movie with the wrong expectations. This movie is supposed to be silly, its supposed to be completely ludicrous, and most of all its supposed to be fun. I thoroughly enjoyed this film for what it is, a fun and ridiculous popcorn flick about Abraham Lincoln killing some f**king vampires.
½ July 25, 2016
What A Bad Idea to use a President as a Vampire Hunter.
I'm so sick of people using real presidents becoming vampire hunters and vampires turning invisible.

The Plot: Horrible!

The Acting: Not bad!

The Script: Painful!

The Writing: Average!

The Directing: Not too Entirely Awful but still could do better.

Everything all together: Mostly Bad!

Words To Describe: Pitiful, Bad, Slight, Horrendous, Boring, Unbareable and Meh!

Score: 4/10
July 19, 2016
interesting point of view of one of the most beloved presidents of the USA, entertainment and clever at times, but probably you wonīt remember it after 3 days
½ July 4, 2016
A ridiculous watch of a film, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter provides that so bad that it is good kind of way
July 1, 2016
After seeing some early reviews, I have come to a conclusion that this movie isn't something that I will get into..