Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
What A Bad Idea to use a President as a Vampire Hunter.
I'm so sick of people using real presidents becoming vampire hunters and vampires turning invisible.

The Plot: Horrible!

The Acting: Not bad!

The Script: Painful!

The Writing: Average!

The Directing: Not too Entirely Awful but still could do better.

Everything all together: Mostly Bad!

Words To Describe: Pitiful, Bad, Slight, Horrendous, Boring, Unbareable and Meh!

Score: 4/10
July 19, 2016
interesting point of view of one of the most beloved presidents of the USA, entertainment and clever at times, but probably you won´t remember it after 3 days
½ July 4, 2016
A ridiculous watch of a film, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter provides that so bad that it is good kind of way
July 1, 2016
After seeing some early reviews, I have come to a conclusion that this movie isn't something that I will get into..
½ June 20, 2016
Decent adaptation of the book and definitely an original concept as to why Lincoln wanted to gain power. Seeing one of America's most beloved Presidents kicking ass was fairly entertaining. The script, however, is a little dry. The action is entertaining as well. With that being said, this movie is still pretty underwhelming when compared to other "vampire action flicks" like Underworld or Blade.
June 14, 2016
Boring. But how? Something like this should have just been amazing, right? Wrong. Yes, the characters and the plot is all there, but if it doesn't mesh together perfectly, it can all fall apart. No, it's not terrible. It's not the most cohesive film in the world.

The intro is just ridiculous and doesn't explain anything, but there are some nice plot twists that come along the way. The end of the film is well, weird and ridiculous and honestly turned me off from the film. You end up seeing three time frames in Lincoln's life and I think most would admit, the young but grown Lincoln is the best.
May 28, 2016
The film's idea was a very innovative one, and the movie has gore in it to justify it's vampire hunter title. But the movie's story, and character development is where the movie falls short.
May 27, 2016
Very interesting movie, something you dont see everyday, should be rated better. Im giving it a higher rating than I would because this movie is better than it's really rated to be. I would give it a 3 1/2
½ May 12, 2016
President Lincoln's mother is killed by a supernatural creature, which fuels his passion to crush vampires and their slave-owning helpers. The secret life of our nation's favorite president...as history's greatest hunter of the undead.
½ April 27, 2016
Is this giving viewers a unique history lesson or is it a vampire movie? Wait, it is both! As visually stunning as it is the whole story does not fit together at all.
½ April 4, 2016
The fact that they presented this movie in a serious tone just cemented my love for its innate campiness. The blend of history & fantasy, plus sharp visuals was very entertaining, even if the whole thing was a bit ridiculous...
April 3, 2016
Terrible adaptation. Wish I could unwatch this.
March 26, 2016
Practical Effects: A
Digital Effects: A
Sound: A
Score: C
Overall: C+
March 20, 2016
... I have no comment. Ok, well I do. The movie can't decide whether it wants to be taken seriously by the audience, or a be a big-budget action movie. My biggest problem: as it tried to make its self believable, it failed; all the explosions and ridiculously impossible scenes make it silly and stupid whereas it might have been a lot better if it wasn't an action movie.
March 12, 2016
Great movie! So much better than expected!
½ February 23, 2016
Not something that many people would of thought would be a film, The most famous American President killing vampires, Recipe for disaster you would think but no it's pretty good, Full of great action that kind of felt like 300 at times, The effects were ok, The plot was ok but nothing really new, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Maybe some humour would of helped the dark and serious tone at times as it takes itself too seriously and the acting wasn't great, but based on the action it's pretty good.
½ February 21, 2016
Very disappointed with this movie
February 17, 2016
The title says it all. If you go into this movie expecting some realistic journey of Abraham Lincoln and his reign you're going into this movie with the wrong expectations. This movie is supposed to be silly, its supposed to be completely ludicrous, and most of all its supposed to be fun. I thoroughly enjoyed this film for what it is, a fun and ridiculous popcorn flick about Abraham Lincoln killing some f**king vampires.
½ February 15, 2016
A ridiculous story that takes itself too seriously. It does deliver some cool action scenes - I especially enjoyed the one with a stampede of horses.
½ February 10, 2016
This is the kind of movie where you really do get exactly what you would expect from a premise this ludicrous. That being said, I'd be lying if I said it isn't a fun ride. Uneven and even too strange for itself, but directed with a great deal of certainty.

People have criticized the movie's lack of character definition and total disregard for coherent storytelling, but, I mean, seriously? The movie is called "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." Allow me to say that one more time: the movie - the movie is called "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." This is a movie that actually manages to take itself more seriously than I'd expected.

It's just serious enough to keep me involved, and more than absurd enough to make me want more. Timur Bekmambetov did a great job, and gave the material a better film than maybe it even deserved (not to insult the source material). I don't care what the critics say, this is a downright fun movie that doesn't pretend to be anything that it isn't, and I respect that.