Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Reviews

October 7, 2017
Funny but not that original, Ace Ventura: Pet detective still manages to entertain us.
September 26, 2017
This film being rated this low is a crime.
½ September 14, 2017
this isn't for everyone, Jim Carrey is hilarious in it but he's the only one giving it his all the rest of the cast doesn't fit the world that Jim lives in. but whenever Jim Carrey is on screen something funny will happen.
September 9, 2017
don't think i'd seen this one before, but maybe i had, anyways, Jim Carrey lets himself go all out in his man actor debut as this detective. The plot about stealing a dolphin s moronic, the conclusion could be labelled offensive nowadays, but Carrey sure put himself on the map with this one, until people got tired of him... Though, to hs credit, that didnt happen for a long time to come.
August 30, 2017
A really nice family movie. Ad as a stereotypical 90's kid, I feel somehow compelled to watch it whenever it passes on TV. :-)
August 14, 2017
October 14th 2011
July 17th 2013
July 17th-18th 2013
August 8th 2017
August 6, 2017
I love Jim Carrey and was a fan of this when it was first released. I watched it again recently and it didn't age well and I found Carrey to be extremely annoying.
July 21, 2017
Extremely funny! Jim Carrey at his finest
July 9, 2017
like a glove still after all these years its still one of my favourite jim Carrey movies of all time
June 19, 2017
You people who dislike it are dumb. This is hilarious!
June 8, 2017
Good at the time, but looking back now, its terrible!
June 2, 2017
I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH WHY DOES IT HAVE SUCH BAD REVIEWS!!! LIKE COME ON PEOPLE THIS IS A FANTASTIC MOVIE YOU AND YOUR SNOBBY REVIEWS CAN SUCK A FAT ONE! JUST BECAUSE ONE SHOT IS OFF DOESNT MEAN IT IS A BAD MOVIE!!!!!!!!!
May 16, 2017
What`s with the low rating. Maybe these critics are speaking from their rear as Ace was.
May 10, 2017
Big Jim Carrey fan. I love his movies, but this one is my favorite.
½ May 5, 2017
one of the funniest comedies ever, what's wrong with you people.
April 3, 2017
Not a fan of Jim Carrey. I do remember this movie though. Something about a detective that finds pets. Then he goes to a football game I think. Dull and not funny.
April 1, 2017
Classic. A must watch
March 24, 2017
Super funny one of Jim Carey's first movies
March 20, 2017
Funny, but becomes tiresome
January 2, 2017
"Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" has it's memorable and hilarious moments, but Jim Carrey's performance tends to be over the top for the majority of this film about a pet detective hired to find the missing dolphin of the Miami Dolphins. Despite never having a dull moment, the dirty jokes and goofball nature of Carrey's character starts to become more annoying than funny by the second act.