Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Reviews

May 16, 2017
What`s with the low rating. Maybe these critics are speaking from their rear as Ace was.
May 10, 2017
Big Jim Carrey fan. I love his movies, but this one is my favorite.
½ May 5, 2017
one of the funniest comedies ever, what's wrong with you people.
April 3, 2017
Not a fan of Jim Carrey. I do remember this movie though. Something about a detective that finds pets. Then he goes to a football game I think. Dull and not funny.
April 1, 2017
Classic. A must watch
March 24, 2017
Super funny one of Jim Carey's first movies
March 20, 2017
Funny, but becomes tiresome
January 2, 2017
"Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" has it's memorable and hilarious moments, but Jim Carrey's performance tends to be over the top for the majority of this film about a pet detective hired to find the missing dolphin of the Miami Dolphins. Despite never having a dull moment, the dirty jokes and goofball nature of Carrey's character starts to become more annoying than funny by the second act.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 7, 2016
Good comedy film! Really enjoyed some funny moments and Jim Carey is mint in this
November 27, 2016
The reason why this silly comedy film works is because Jim Carrey is so charming and likable as Ace Ventura, and even when nothing makes any sense and it goes all over the place, you just go with him because he is so damn funny. "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" made me laugh quite a bit.
½ November 18, 2016
Jim Carey's character was, surprisingly, a lot more interesting than the cliches he's known for in this movie.
September 27, 2016
Jim Carrey in his prime doing what he's best known for! If you pay very close attention, some of the jokes are brilliant and well executed. There are so many quotable lines from this movie. The whole Dolphin thing with Dan Marino was a good idea but, man, Dan sucks as an actor. But it didn't take away from the movie, it was funny, crazy, and an awesome good time! This is a must watch if you like 90s comedies! And how about that scene when he talks from his ...yeah, that's awesome! 8/10 OR 4/5
September 20, 2016
one of the highlights of my childhood.
½ September 14, 2016
A little weird and crazy but had some laughs
September 1, 2016
One of my favorite childhood movies.
½ August 30, 2016
Definitely funny, though I like the second one better.
August 28, 2016
One of Jim Carrey's best movies. I watched the Animated Series all the time when I was just a few years old.
August 15, 2016
It sounds like an ok movie that I should maybe try someday.
½ August 15, 2016