Ad Astra Reviews

• 2d ago

Brad Pitt is sad in space. Painfully boring.

Brad Pitt is sad in space. Painfully boring.

• May 03, 2021

It seemed promising, but boy, what a boring, laughable waste of time. First of all, if you know anything about science and space exploration, Ad Astra is painfully inaccurate and unbelievable. Sure, a lot of sci-fi movies stretch facts to fit the story, but it usually doesn't matter too much because there's, you know, a plot, or intriguing characters, or fascinating questions/concepts. This was two hours of self-indulgent daddy issues combined with flat characters, a mind-numbingly simple plot, zero subtext, and unnecessary drama, set to the backdrop of space. If you want a cringe comedy or to fall asleep, this is the movie for you.

• Apr 30, 2021

I found this to be a very contemplative, sombre and fascinating experience. It doesn't quite reach 2001, but it's surely an atmospheric, mature space exploration movie with striking visuals and a very good Brad Pitt performance.

• Apr 26, 2021

A typical Brad Pitt movie - a lame story with lots of close-ups of Mr. Handsome Guy 1996, a plot which limps along, and a script which is thin on dialog so we don't have to hear Mr. Handsome Guy talk too much. And the bizarre, unintentionally hilarious "moon pirates" sequence, which was obviously tacked on to give this cinematic sleeping pill some action. I wished I could have gotten my two hours back after watching this one, not to overlook the $9 ticket price I also would have liked to recover.

• Apr 23, 2021

Ad Astra is nothing short of a visual marvel. And like its main character, its seemingly cold, empty exterior subversively has a lot of heart brewing underneath. https://letterboxd.com/josephtomastik/film/ad-astra-2019/

• Apr 23, 2021

In comparison, this is less attractive than the one by Med Demon (Martians), Intersteller and Gravity. In a near future that space traveling becoming popular, it is another point of view than Martians. If you only have 1 afternoon to watch 4 of these, this one is the first to be skipped.

• Apr 15, 2021

If you watch it as psychological movie betwween father and son relationship you understand how deep is this movie! really good one

• Apr 13, 2021

I'm not sure what type of film Ad Astra was trying to be. Too far-fetched to be believable, too sombre to be exciting and too detached to make any real commentary (though tries to analyse father/son relationships and masculinity). Not a bad film, per se, but a confused one. It's nice to see something that doesn't rush about in a mad panic, but it introduces so many concepts so briefly I just wish it tried to dwell slightly more on the world it was hinting at existing.

• Apr 13, 2021

Great atmosphere about this movie, the brad pitt's efficiency is awesome.

Great atmosphere about this movie, the brad pitt's efficiency is awesome.

• Apr 11, 2021

Uma história espacial sobre uma relação difícil entre pai e filho.

Uma história espacial sobre uma relação difícil entre pai e filho.