Ad Astra Reviews

• 4d ago

Great sci-fi story. Interesting portrayal of the future.

Great sci-fi story. Interesting portrayal of the future.

• 5d ago

The first 45 minutes were good, then the movie turns into some daddy issues type movie. So weird. Very uncomfortable story, it could have been good but they screwed it up.

• 5d ago

An interesting version of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness with stunning visuals and good performance from Brad Pitt. Enjoy!

• Sep 13, 2022

This is not a big Action film, it's slow at times but I feel they did it in a way that is acceptable and entertaining.

• Sep 11, 2022

I feel very conflicted about this movie. It's filled with so many great ideas, excellent directing, cinematography, acting, and what might be one of the best uses of lighting (rivaling Suspiria 1977) I've seen in a movie. But despite all that I had trouble finding this movie engaging. Maybe it was the ever-present gruff cynical voice-over that made me just think of old pulp noir movies which don't fit this movie's tone at all. Maybe it was the slow pace. I don't know why, but it just failed to fully capture my attention. On the other hand, some of the scenes in this movie are so great and one of which gave me a scenario I'd never considered before in my life but I am so happy exists. So although I felt mixed I did have an overall enjoyable time, despite its flaws.

• Sep 05, 2022

Visually, it's a stunning space movie with beautiful but impenetrable landscapes. It's just a shame that "beautiful but impenetrable" can also be used to describe the film itself. It's very slow and I found myself zoning out throughout. I'm sure it's very deep and meaningful, but it was just too impenetrable for me to enjoy it.

• Sep 03, 2022

This is quite an atmospheric watch. It features good visual effects and a good performance from Brad Pitt as the main character and Tommy Lee Jones as the father. I could almost feel his determination to re-connect with his father, in whichever form possible. I thought the music/score was particularly good - its quite haunting in a sense, somewhat ethereal. The plot is perhaps a little basic but it works well. I thought it was quite an absorbing watch and so yes, I'd recommend it.

• Sep 02, 2022

Eh. Great acting, amazing visuals but it really ends there for me. At no point did I feel I was pulled in. The movie was alright.

• Aug 30, 2022

Graphically pleasing but I complete snore fest

Graphically pleasing but I complete snore fest

• Aug 21, 2022

I enjoyed it but if you ask me to watch it again, I would decline. I understand the many reviews by the audience saying that it was boring. It is visually stunning. The music is on-point. The acting is sometimes very engaging but sometimes it is not. I felt the time of the journeys did not match. I enjoyed his descent into loneliness. It is not a movie to watch with friends. It is not a movie to hype you up. It is a movie to watch when you are procrastinating from doing work. It is a movie you will enjoy if you also enjoyed "The Batman (2022)" as a (detective) movie instead of a superhero film.