After the Fox (Caccia alla volpe) Reviews

• Oct 25, 2018

It's a mess, but it has its charm and memorable hilarious scenes that poke fun at film directors and the industry.

• Aug 22, 2017

One of my all-time favorite movies. From Sellers as the great Aldo Vanucci, thief extraordinaire, to Victor Mature as a wonderful parody of his own screen persona, to the hilarious music of Burt Bacharach, to the surprisingly deft direction by the legendary Vittorio De Sica, this is a near perfect film for me. So many funny lines from the great Neil Simon ("More sand in the desert!), and ad libs from Sellers. Oh, did I mention that the poster art is by Frank Frazetta? Did I mention the Hollies? God Bless 'em all. I still love AFTER THE FOX.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    May 29, 2017

A mostly silly Italian offering that posits that a thief pretending to be a famous movie director can get away with anything, including hijacking a whole town.There are moments here but they are few and far between. Maria Grazia Beccella charms. And the theme song is better than the whole movie.

• Jun 19, 2016

After the Fox is a funny film. It is about Aldo Vanucci who is one of the greatest criminals of the world and a master of disguise. Peter Sellers and Victor Mature give amazing performances. The screenplay is good but a little slow in places. Vittorio De Sica did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor. After the Fox is a must see.

• Apr 18, 2015

Peter Sellers makes the most of a so-so comedy.

Peter Sellers makes the most of a so-so comedy.

• Apr 10, 2015

misses on a lot of different lvls.

misses on a lot of different lvls.

• Jul 22, 2014

Most underrated comedy of the 60's.

Most underrated comedy of the 60's.

• Sep 23, 2013

A passable mid-60s comedy that is - unfortunately - not all that funny (kind of surprising considering this script came from Neil Simon at the height of his powers), but it's well made (courtesy of director De Sica), has an interesting, caper-ish premise, and features Peter Sellers doing the best he can with the relative lack of gags. Should have been better, but could have been worse.

• Feb 24, 2013

Funny movie, but a bit too zany of an ending for my like.

Funny movie, but a bit too zany of an ending for my like.

• Aug 25, 2012

I was pleased to find out De Sica is not only an intelligent social drama director, but also has a very good taste at comedy.