Afterimage (Powidoki) Reviews

• Mar 10, 2019

It could be a wonderful movie about socialism impact on art in the twentieth century, but it is ruined by the terrible acting of Nina Strzeminska (B. Zamachowska)

• Apr 20, 2017

4 1/2 Stars. Incredibly important piece of history is shown in this film, which also happens to be Wajdas very last film; The film doesn't offer much hope but definitely gets it's writer/directors deep concerns across against blind nationalism. I haven't seen any other Wajda film *hides* so I can't compare his other works to this, but I hear it fits perfectly in his filmography of political Polish films. The film is a little stagey but is meant well and is personal that it doesn't come across ham fisted at all really.

• Jan 13, 2017

So sad that I've just watched Wajda's last film. It isn't my favourite of his, but it's still essential Wajda. Very emotional.

• Oct 23, 2016

The last movie by Wajda didn't disappoint. One man that follows his principles even if it puts him against the whole communist system. Supporting cast and their stories are flat but it might be because of great acting of Boguslaw Linda. Strong performance by Linda playing disabled and burned out by his fight against the system artist.