Reviews

• Aug 10, 2021

Very boring film, plot doesn't draw you in. I like the cast but they do nothing to enhance the film.

• Jun 21, 2021

While it wasn't the best Alexander they could come up with I still found the movie enjoyable. I think we all know the real reason it got so much hate was because it depicted him as homosexual. Newsflash: he was and so was his father. I think too many homophobics just went into a mad frenzy thinking the greatest conquerer the world has known was gay. However, the one big inaccuracy that bothered me was that he was this great emancipator. While the truth was he enslaved many ppl to work in mines to pay for his conquests. The cinematography was not that good and Farrell may not had been the choice here but overall I enjoyed the tale they told.

• Jun 06, 2021

The last greatest film from Oliver Stone and one that makes you sad he is not making movies of that scope anymore. The long or director's cut are of course more enjoyable than the theatrical cut but even if there is clearly a lack of action and war scenes there is a grandeur in everything that is happening on screen from the cast to the music going through the sets, the costumes and the cinematography. Uneven, and why cast Farrell as a young Alexander but a memorable epic of greatness.

• May 23, 2021

Only just seen Alexander despite it being released in 2004. What a strange film. When the worst thing about this movie actually isn't the revelation that Alexander the Great and his Generals were more Irish than Conor Macgregor.......you know you're in trouble. Given the subject matter it could have been bad but exciting but it's not even that. It's just bad and excruciatingly boring. Dull dull dull and Flinty 0'dull.

• May 21, 2021

This film doesn't feel right. Colin Farrell doesn't work as Alexander. The battle choreography is poor. The story is out of time and disjointed.

• Apr 18, 2021

Saw the theater cut and it didn't make sense. Saw the Final Cut, and you have a masterpiece. Even curious what the final Stone cut is like from 2014. Farrell is a little over the top at times, but the historical accuracy of Babylon, who no one has dared to capture, ancient Afghanistan and ancient India is alone worth the watch. Val Kilmer gives one of his last great performances if not his last. If you love history, if you are fascinated by the ancient Western world... this is a must see.

• Mar 06, 2021

I cant believe how bad rated this movie is. If you like history and can understand beautiful english you will love this movie. Do you realize there is not many historical movies about Greece? Do you realize how well portrayed is Olympias in the movie? So many things to say about this movie, mostly good things. the pace is sustained during 3 hours. Music is amazing. Its HISTORICALLY ACCURATE! History offer us so many great stories about the Ancients time but no... Keep praising WWII movies.

• Feb 21, 2021

I do NOT understand the negative reviews. This movie is historically correct for the most part, the scenes are amazing, acting good, battles phenomenal The cinematography is simply amazing. The 2014 cut can be rented for 3 bucks and it's 207 mins. Get it! Don't listen to these reviews!

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Jan 27, 2021

Time has been kind to this, as has the numerous versions Stone has put together. There are still problems but they seem to matter less now, especially when stacked against the ambitious structure and length. Also, it is hard to not see how much of Stone's vision clashed with the mores and expectations of audiences in 2004.

• Jan 20, 2021