Alive Inside Reviews

• Jan 10, 2019

Amazing movie. I have no words for how moved I was.. just watch it!

Amazing movie. I have no words for how moved I was.. just watch it!

• Mar 02, 2018

For Choose.Act.Impact day of community service, I got to watch this film to understand the struggles that the elderly with dementia experience. I was not anticipating for this movie to make me cry so hard. It was such a beautiful , profound experience for me.

• Feb 19, 2017

It's true that the music instantly brings back the memories that we have sometimes forgotten. And there're many things we can do without needing to be dependant on the conventional methods.

• Dec 01, 2016

This movie is one of those that everyone should be required to see. Being in the field of music, this movie is so impactful and proves to me and will prove to everyone why music is SO important. In this movie, you will see that music literally keeps people from becoming lifeless.

• Sep 13, 2016

Music is magic and so is this film. ��

Music is magic and so is this film. ��

• Jun 15, 2016

excellent moving documentary recommended

excellent moving documentary recommended

• Jun 02, 2016

The short documentary tells the story of a scientist who is trying to raise awareness to an alternative therapy to mental illness, wich is based on music. In several experiments when some elder people on nursing homes with dementia or alzheimer were given headsets and ipods with music they used to like their behavior improved and also some memories were suddenly enlightened again. The link between music and emotion is very strong. We are often surrounded by music when we love, dance, study, exercice, drive, cook. Some music strike us and make some moments or peoples deep remarkable.Thats the path Alive Inside navigates. One of the main points I'd like to stress however is how harmful is to some elder people to live in nursing home, sad, doped, struggling with mental isolation because the outward world has became a torment. The doc criticizes this structure in health care and in western society where elders and tradiction have no function. Becouse of alzheimer my grandmother died twice. Before her actual death she lost her memories, then her identidy was not long there. When her sons and daughters, my uncles and aunts, would visit her it was no more a moment of joy, but full of worries. My father's family decided not to send her to a nursing home, it would be abandon they'd say. She lived untill 96 and on her last decade the decease just got worse. Whenever I visited her, she looked at my face as I was a funny stranger and I used to say "come on, don't you remenber you favorite grandson?", just to hear the name of my counsins instead - that was unfair. I just wanna explain how music still connect us: she was always with a little radio listen to some religious broadcast (she was a passionate catholich) and thereby, because this kind of song resembles her, I listen to some once in a while althoug i'm atheist.

• Feb 05, 2016

Loved this film. We need this program in Canada!

Loved this film. We need this program in Canada!

• Dec 11, 2015

El documental sigue durante 3 años a un asistente social trabajando en asilos de ancianos en USA. Su gracia es que intenta traer a flote recuerdos perdidos en gente con demencia senil al utilizar música que esa gente amó hace muchos años. Y caramba que lo logra. El docu es de una belleza enorme al mostrar el florecer de caras inicialmente marchitas. Es una prueba del poder curativo de la música, y se plantea como un tratamiento alternativo (complementario) al Alzheimer. Muchas reacciones distintas (sonrisas, canto, palabras de gente que no hablaba, recuerdos), pero todas positivas. Quizás se omitieron casos en que no pasó nada al aplicar música, pero lo más importante es la esperanza de una vida más digna en los casos en que si funcionó. Hermoso. Mas allá de la demencia senil, el documental tb habla en general de la música. De como somos seres como predeterminados para la música, a diferencia de otros animales. No hay otra actividad que ponga a funcionar tantas partes del cerebro al mismo tiempo como la música (he ahí la explicación a pq es tan beneficioso usarla como terapia en este caso). Personalmente, la música es el amor de mi vida, por eso encontré tan lindo el docu, por como celebra su importancia para los seres humanos. Sin música somos seres incompletos :)

• Nov 29, 2015

i think no other movie has ever touched me more deeply. i couldn't care less about how imperfect it is as a documentary; one minute into it and i was already crying like a fucking baby (gosh, i still am, to be honest).