All Is Lost - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All Is Lost Reviews

½ July 27, 2018
Dude where's my EPIRB?
½ July 25, 2018
Can't remember how long the film was but will never get that time back. The script could have be written by a 5 year old as it is non existent.the lack off dialogue trys to make the fim more dramatic but fails and makes it the most boring, monotonous movie I've ever sat through. Must say if I was stuck in the middle of the ocean with no communication my first thought would not be, "I know, I must have a shave".
June 3, 2018
I'm a blue-water sailor, so I watched this with interest. Robert Redford was so hopelessly incompetent as a sailor that he deserved to die many times over. Don't expect much from this film.
½ June 3, 2018
Although a good performance by Redford, did he do any research on ACTUAL sailing. I've been sailing for 10 years and none of his choices make sense. Sure, other people enjoyed it without knowledge of sailing, and I wish I could watch it like them. But here were just too many stupid mistakes.
½ May 28, 2018
A slow, but mostly effective survival movie that works due to Robert Redford's performance.
March 24, 2018
In the age of superhero blockbusters, it's films like this that come along and make you think; proving a remarkable story can be told without saying a word. All is Lost is a beautiful movie and proves Robert Redford is truly the last of a dying breed.
½ March 21, 2018
Ok at sea movie starring Robert redferd.
February 11, 2018
This is certainly not an easy to watch film, but its worth letting oneself get drawn in.
January 14, 2018
I watched this film for a second time. The first time I saw it it was like watching paint dry. But this time, knowing what it is about , I enjoyed it more. It's probably because I understood that it is literally about survival , and nothing else. Robert Redford was good but I felt that his characters steely determination could have used a bit more emotion.
January 8, 2018
Not sure what 210 (the Fresh count at this time) people saw that made it "fresh", but it is a classic example of people rating on a name or body of work, rather than the actual performance. In the comment from the critics, they state "a moving, eminently worthwhile testament to Robert Redford's ability to hold the screen". Well, given the options for his competition in this film (i.e. the raft, a signal flare & a freighter or 2), it wasn't hard for him.
December 31, 2017
An intriguing single hander. One actor, no dialogue. The only weak link being the unconvincing brief speech from Redford right at the start. Man against the odds - the 105 minutes whizz by in this enthralling unique drama.
October 17, 2017
(4.5 out of 6)
When all is lost we know how to get out from when we are stuck.

Calmness before the storm. The moment where you cling onto life feeling everything is alright before it goes all so wrong. you can fight a good fight but some storms are too strong to overcome that they knock you overboard. When we are not used to too many storms to witness one face first. When what save us is how calm we go into and go out of such storms that we buy enough time to cling onto life.
½ September 13, 2017
This movie was so terribly slow we watched it in fast forward... and still didn't miss anything since there was no dialog... Exceptionally terrible
½ September 4, 2017
the high rating got my hopes up for a poorly shot piece of garbage
August 29, 2017
I have just joined and this is my first review. I saw this film at the cinema and it has stayed with me because it is the only film I have ever actually walked out of. That was partly because it was very hot, but I was in a cinema full of people who work at sea and the mood was a bit irritable. Surely whoever wrote this has no idea how to survive at sea and, having worked at sea myself and, knowing quite a number people who have dealt with life threatening and fatal situations at sea, I found Redford's stoic performance utterly unconvincing. I only missed the last 20 minutes but there were long discussions in the bar afterwards and my view was very much in the majority. In fairness it was difficult for me to judge the film as a whole and maybe one day I will give it another chance, knowing its limitations.
August 21, 2017
I really wanted to like this film but it just never did it for me. It's not that I didn't think it was a good film as such and I did like Redford's performance. His matter of fact approach, problem solving whilst having all and sundry thrown at him feels refreshing from the usual hero narrative. I just found it sorry, a little dull at times. It's basically like a '999: Emergency' reconstruction at points, it just never really gripped me.
August 18, 2017
Just watched this amazing film - only one actor who only speaks one word and yet I was totally hooked from the opening moment
July 29, 2017
Castaway in the sea with Redford playing Hanks. Not a bad film, not a good film, not much of anything really, as the title suggests.
July 16, 2017