Always at the Carlyle Reviews

• Aug 05, 2019

It's a documentary about a hotel. It's fantastic! I have no idea what some people were expecting.

• Oct 22, 2018

While being a insightful look in a legendary hotel, its main focus really is to reveal secrets from a place we were never going to get. Does that make this documentary pointless, or just escaping entertainment ?

• Jul 12, 2018

Great trip through Old School NYC. Delightful staff

Great trip through Old School NYC. Delightful staff

• Jul 02, 2018

Eye candy. Fun. Not much of a film.

Eye candy. Fun. Not much of a film.

• Jun 02, 2018

The film captures the patina and charm of a landmark operation, and the critics seem to miss the point, having no curiosity about the smart set - from any era.

• May 30, 2018

I never walk out of movies but this was honestly excruciating. I did however sit through 45 mins of it, so here is what I'll tell you: It's got an all-star lineup of talking heads, yet there's no talk. No juicy stories, gossip or crazy anecdotes about the celebrities who have stayed at the Carlyle. Which is honestly why I came and thought I was getting. Instead we have to hear about how good the elevator operator and concierge are at their jobs for like 20 mins. They do seem lovely, but kind of a yawn! And how bougie the hotel is over and over (rooms range from 4K to 10k a night, fyi). These filmmakers can't crack any of the staff to tell us some dirt about this place, which is frustrating after you hit the half-hour mark. The most we get is like - "oh George Clooney is the best guest." This feels more like an ad for the Carlyle, not a documentary. The trailer tells you all the good stuff. Which is a shame considering all the stars and the really nicely framed shots. I would have given this no stars, but the one star is for the DP.

• May 27, 2018

Fantastic. It's why NYC is loved by all.

Fantastic. It's why NYC is loved by all.

• May 26, 2018