America's Sweethearts Reviews

• Aug 01, 2018

Even though there's some ridicule around and towards the eponymous honesty of elegant realism, it unfolds nicely to further the satisfaction, with brief unexpectancy in the direction, while being sporadically funny and charming from its appealing cast. (B) (Full review TBD)

• Mar 27, 2018

With such an all-star lineup, they should have been able to pull off this movie. Nope. The only thing I liked was seeing John Cusack.

• Feb 11, 2018

"America's Sweethearts", released in 2001, is the story of a publicist's attempt to intervene and reconnect an estranged famous couple's relationship at the premiere of their final film together. The movie as a whole made me laugh out loud. It's such a parody of Hollywood and the politics and intricacies of it. It made me think about how contrived and deliberate the media can be and our perceptions of it and who people are. As a whole, the story was interesting. The dialogue was well-written, sharp, and witty. The acting was tremendous, especially that of Hank Azaria and Catherine Zeta-Jones who play the caricaturized and egocentric Hector and Gwen, respectively. To me, the directing was that of a standard romantic comedy. The shots moved through the typical wide shot to medium shot to close-up progression. There was no animation or VFX, however, the lighting and production value overall were great. To me, this romantic comedy was different from others of its genre in that it seemed to choose to poke fun at the romantic relationship dynamics and blow them out of proportion, rather than to turn the film into a mushy gushy easily predictable love story. This is evidenced in that Eddie and Gwen as the main characters do not end up together. In a twist of events, Eddie comes to fall in love with Gwen's sister Keke, and Gwen ends up alone - breaking up with her prior boyfriend Hector by the time the film ends.

• Dec 30, 2017

I really don't get the bad reviews. CZJ is fantastic playing an egomaniacal narcissist. The movie is hilarious, touching, and sufficiently tongue-in-cheek to elicit non-stop laughs. I find it utterly charming and well put-together.

• Jul 02, 2017

(5.0 out of 6 stars) When we see being in show business involves making every perspectives happy in what they see on and off the camera. When we see that we all have been captivated in what we see and hear about some people that we only want more and more when we know what we are seeing on and off the camera to see who we put in the spotlight. When we see that there is always a business in the what we want people to see when they like seeing things that we know we can turn a profit from. When many we see are involved in making those stars in the spotlight when we all want a piece of the show business pie that keeps us watching, imitating and drawn into the ups did downs that others live that we see ourselves as perfect or unperfect. When there is alot that goes in being swept into the spotlight thst we get into deeply we don't see away out or away back in when it goes wrong when our natural emotions clashes with the unnatural superficiality in what we want but can't have both. When we see that when we get into deep we see in the eyes of those who we once were, humble and unseen that we are able be ourselves and enjoy what's deep within us that made the world like us in the first place. When we see works of art that needs to be seen, show business is only in the hands if those whom can reveal a true spotlight that we don't see but others see that can reveal what we have been seeing all wrong. When we are in a business that makes others see right being all wrong but see we are being wrong in seeing right, we know we can't turn back in what others follow to only accept what others see and what we always could see all along the truth, or continue living a lie when we see some rides are over or just beginning depending on your perspective.

• Apr 03, 2017

Pleasant. Don't ask for much more. John Cusak was wonderful. Billy Crystal,, Julia Roberts good too. Nothing major, but who cares?

• Feb 01, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Jan 19, 2017

One of my favorite movies for years. Great movie that pokes fun at the hyped up movie star stereo type. Granted this movie may not be for everyone- the humor is satirical and it's not the ideal love story, but the acting is great and the cast really brings the story to life.

• Jan 08, 2017

2017-01-08 good schmo

2017-01-08 good schmo

• Nov 17, 2016

Such an annoying movie and somehow this movie felt so wrong.

Such an annoying movie and somehow this movie felt so wrong.