An Open Secret Reviews

• Jun 12, 2019

After much research I really do not think that this movie is very credible. They neglect to mention so many other shady characters. I feel that this documentary is an unnecessary hit piece used to distract the public from other more protected members of the industry. Also the one producer has a hedge fun run out of Kushner Tower at 666 5th Ave in Manhattan. That alone shows enough. No more coincidences. An Open Secret is laughing at you all and mocking you.

• Jun 12, 2019

Sensationalized, inaccurate documentary that features sloppy editing, ham handed delivery and overly corny and sentimental music.

• May 08, 2019

At first glance, I enjoyed this slow moving documentary, very important subject. While it was on, I did a bit of research on it, and found some troubling information. Turns out the Producer has been doing a lot of discrediting of people sexually abused, and will block you on twitter if you ask him something he doesn't like(I asked him why he thought a survivor was lying, turns out there's a lot of tweets with screenshots of similar experiences). Turns out he had some survivors on his documentary sign contracts to keep them quiet on certain topics to other outlets? Producer is worth over 200m, so i understand why this documentary looked appealing, and why its being shilled out there, but do yourself a favor, research this stuff online instead of watching this. 15 minutes of reading would cover all the information offered here.

• Apr 05, 2019

I can never get back the time I spent watching this thing! If only i had a time machine. I would go back and save myself. From being subjected to this garbage.

• Apr 05, 2019

I would rather be teenage victim of Molestation by Hollywood. Than sit through watching this garbage again! Needless to say, I didn't like it much!

• Jan 20, 2018

Several things were ignored that could have made this properly good.

Several things were ignored that could have made this properly good.

• Dec 09, 2017

Wonderfully shot doc focusing on a few brave & courageous victims and some Hollywood sexual predators. I sincerely hope this eye-opener crushes Hollywood and finally tilts the scales in favor of the victims and not the overpaid, circle of pedophiles who obviously get away with all legalities due to their financial status. Disgusting. I need a shower after that film. ***Names Named***: Business partners Marc Collins-Rector (registered sex offender/ defector), Chad Shackley (MCR's former lover) & Mighty Ducks actor Brock Pierce, child talent manager Martin Weiss, actor/TV liason Brian Peck (registered sex offender who STILL works with Nickolodeon), former publicist Bob Villiard, former child talent manager and SAG-AFTRA chairperson Michael Harrah and X-Men/The Usual Suspects Director Bryan Singer are the predators featured, but this will just be the tipping point.

• Dec 04, 2017

Such an important and - at the time of its release in 2014 at least - underreported subject, paedophilia in Hollywood, surely deserves a less cackhanded overview than this confused and unstructured documentary. Obtrusive music, bad sound and misspelled interrupted spoil what should have been a much louder wake-up call.

• Nov 18, 2017

For Brandis. Renfro. Haim. Phoenix. and god knows how many more

For Brandis. Renfro. Haim. Phoenix. and god knows how many more

• Oct 21, 2017

Shocking and depressing that the sick pedofiles barely serve anyrime. There is no justice our system is a joke. The studios, agencies, media all in collusion to cover this up and maintain this structure.